Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

My money is that you burn out before the first spoiler-spoiler spoiler.

I'll also point out that most people doing this start out in 1961 rather than try to pick through the mess that is golden age Timely/Atlas/Marvel/One-of-the-other-two-dozen-company-names-used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

Those people are cowards.

Maybe they don't want to read six hundred low end, nearly identical funny animal comics?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mr. Steak posted:

gently caress WHITE PEOPLE! Yeah!

Well, you found the central theme of pre-WW2 Namor pretty quickly. :v:

Mr. Steak posted:

edit: by the way, i'm using the marvel wiki's weekly publication pages to find the order of releases, so i'm not sure animal comics published under a different name will be there? but if they are, i'm gonna read them!

I doubt that you'll reach that point (the funny animal books period really kicked off around 1950), but those lists are usually completely superhero focused rather than an actual document of what happened. So they typically ignore things like the crime comics, the westerns, the funny animal books, the teen comedies, and the romances that were in the rotation for Marvel up to the 1970's.