Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

KnifeWrench posted:

yes, and? I see you've still chosen to show a graph that projects the future rather than overlay your previous prediction of what is now the present

:thunk:

they often do keep the old lines around to show previous support levels etc. doesn't seem to drive any additional questioning of the original method though. all draw, no thunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

CampingCarl posted:

does chipotle chipotle actually have anything to do with bitcoin or is he really just reading corporate letters as a podcast?

gj striking it out then spelling it the same way again

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

...! posted:

look we can't all be brilliant financial analysts or what ever it is that pump pretends to be

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:cry:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

:smug:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I feel :wrong: should just be the thread title

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

...! posted:

well shoot

to distract from my typo ill point out the transpotimer people are somehow still around and making videos. some involve going back in time to save a daughter hit by a car, others are fairy tales about cows.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LVrKLf4yUM

they have a website and you can see some of the totally real people behind this project to make a time travelling school bus that runs on cryptocurrency.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

CampingCarl posted:

well shoot

to distract from my typo ill point out the transpotimer people are somehow still around and making videos. some involve going back in time to save a daughter hit by a car, others are fairy tales about cows.

they have a website and you can see some of the totally real people behind this project to make a time travelling school bus that runs on cryptocurrency.

:wrong:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

CampingCarl posted:

well shoot

So THAT's what it looks like when your body turns into bitcoin

...!
Oct 5, 2003

EorayMel posted:

So THAT's what it looks like when your body turns into bitcoin

...!
Oct 5, 2003

CopernikausQC: CC 232, NANO 127 0 points 6 hours ago

That is not what happens. The asset's value may rise.

For example, if you and johnny both own 2 bitcoin worth 100$. Now, you sell one of your two bitcoins for $201 to Johnny. As a result, Johnny owns 3 bitcoins with a total value of $603 and you own 1 bitcoin worth $201. You both made $201 in cash AND the value of your assets increased.

This is a realistic (albeit specifically unlikely) scenario in markets. You see? Markets are explicitly and undoubtedly NOT a zero sum game. That's the whole point of markets....

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

what if we went around town and stuck sitckers that say "1 bitcoin is worth 2 trillion dollars" on local businesses?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Boxturret posted:

what if we went around town and stuck sitckers that say "1 bitcoin is worth 2 trillion dollars" on local businesses?

Then by fiat(!) it would be worth that!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Boxturret posted:

:hmmyes:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Star Trek and Blockchain, together at last!

https://intl.startrek.com/news/blockchain-technology-star-trek

quote:

The Star Trek universe is known for its advanced technologies, some of which are already coming to fruition. One such technology, while never directly mentioned in the fiction - well, it might have been, but we will get to that later - is likely the technological foundation behind Federation Credits and the more popularly known Ferengi Gold-pressed Latinum banking systems. This technology is known today as blockchain and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’s beloved but “shady” Ferengi businessman, Quark, would no doubt have been a user of this technology to transact and ensure the contract integrity in his business ventures. The current Star Trek series have yet to mention blockchain tech, but that hasn’t stopped the adoption of blockchain technology into the Trek universe. Similar to the first releases of Trek toys in the 60’s and 70’s, in 2019 CBS Interactive and Lucid Sight will release the first generation of Star Trek True Digital Crypto Collectibles. Six iconic ships from the Trek universe will be digitally minted, cryptographically secured, and provided in a limited supply enforced by the Ethereumblockchain as ERC-721 items.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

quote:

Beyond their value as collectibles, these Trek ships can be played within Lucid Sight’s game Crypto Space Commander, a space MMO sandbox that utilizes blockchain to power its Play To Own user economy. CBS Interactive and Lucid Sight will create the first ever Cross Universe Event temporally bridging the Star Trek and CSC Universes. After the event, these ships will continue to exist in the CSC universe and will conform to the blockchain enforced rules setup to govern CSC Play To Own economy. This means, just like a physical toy, a user can take the helm of ships in the CSC sandbox and fly into combat against other players’ ships and NPCs (Non-player Characters) in the universe. They can even be destroyed completely in the depths of lawless (a/k/a Fringe) space. With the characteristics of True Digital ownership, blockchain enforced scarcity, potential digital loss/destruction, and a limited supply, one can expect these first-generation Star Trek Digital Collectible ships to make very unique collectibles.

:yeshaha:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

what

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

also nog just died so i find this all in really bad taste

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Boxturret posted:

he did? wtf :(

...!
Oct 5, 2003

also, y'all are some drat nerds

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

love 2 play with my destructible digital spaceship collectible

...!
Oct 5, 2003

TVsVeryOwn posted:

love 2 play with my destructible digital spaceship collectible

:same:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Boxturret posted:

...! posted:

he did? wtf :(

just today
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/09/22/entertainment/aron-eisenberg-star-trek-actor-dies/index.html

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:cry:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/RaoulGMI/status/1175732644841238529

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

all assets that went from being worth zero to being worth something are better

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

i misread that as "down 25 million percent from peak" at first and that made more sense

...!
Oct 5, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/Rhythmtrader/status/1175854452659634177
https://mobile.twitter.com/Rhythmtrader/status/1175606303118548993
https://mobile.twitter.com/Rhythmtrader/status/1175835171779731458
https://mobile.twitter.com/Rhythmtrader/status/1175754244391100416
https://mobile.twitter.com/Rhythmtrader/status/1175547964787494912
https://mobile.twitter.com/Rhythmtrader/status/1175145313931268096

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:vince:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

totally agree, should be amber

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

we're people, no? we'd never touch the poop, right? so the inverse is true for at least some people

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

it's such an inevitability that people spend 24/7 tweeting these truths so that they can warn the population which somehow will also be surprised when the inevitable hyperbitcoinization happens, any day now

...!
Oct 5, 2003

this guy posted this idea in a comment a few days ago but now he's super excited about it and posted an entire thread:

Stop asking businesses to accept bitcoin, is stupid, nobody want to spend their coins, instead you can propose them to reward their clients with small amounts of Bitcoin for every fiat payment they get. You want to grow your sales, reward your customers in Bitcoin. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 1 day ago by coinarmy

coinarmy[S] 1 point 10 hours ago

I agree that there are not so many places to spend your bitcoin but I will be more than happy to spend my old money with the stores who reward me with small amounts of bitcoin, stacking sats.

coinarmy[S] 0 points 9 hours ago

it's a pain in the rear end to comply with the regulations when it comes with accepting bitcoin and I think, you as a business owner, it's more efficient to try to attract more customers by rewarding them small amount of bitcoin, the community is small and you can easily advertise your products this way.

coinarmy[S] 0 points 9 hours ago

This post if about how nocoiners could earn some bitcoin not about how to spend them. Think about getting 5% cash back in bitcoin daily for your groceries

coinarmy[S] 1 point 9 hours ago

if you already offer discounts for fiat payments why not to return that discount in bitcoin to get more customers, I think it's a quite easy and efficient marketing

exab 4 points 1 day ago

This is actually a great idea, but it's not because Bitcoiners don't spend their coins. It's because no-coiners will have the incentive to learn and then get into Bitcoin when they receive some.

even more they would be able to learn more about bitcoin just by using it. think about getting a 10% cashback for your restaurant bill, I bet you will share with all your friends

you are not able to spend something that you're not able to control, that's why encouraging businesses to reward their customers in bitcoin is a good idea

to reach that objective you either need to create jobs where people can trade their time for bitcoin or just force businesses to reward their customers in bitcoin. If both store A and B sell the same product, I will spend my fiat with the one who gives me a cashback rebate in bitcoin.

nood1z 1 point 1 day ago

Great idea, well done. This makes sense to me.

Mark_Bearredditor for 3 months 1 point 1 day ago

I like it. Sign me up.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
in just over a day dot dot dot question mark has completed six of his hundred :wrong: posts. looks like he'll be buying a buttcoin in just a few weeks

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

never question mark, he is perfect

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

that neighbor needs to finish the job

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

what if, instead of paying 2% to their credit card processor, the restaurant gave you 10% back in bitcoin and paid $20 in nofees on top

I don't understand why nobody has done that yet!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Boxturret posted:

never question mark, he is perfect

....?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

kw0134 posted:

it's such an inevitability that people spend 24/7 tweeting these truths so that they can warn the population which somehow will also be surprised when the inevitable hyperbitcoinization happens, any day now

yes. or more concisely, it’s an apocalyptic cult