Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
remembering "The Bitcoin fascinates me!" and smiling warmly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/11/18/planet-zoo-is-temporarily-a-game-about-mass-producing-knackered-warthogs/

endlessly producing worthless inbred hogs is a buttcoin metaphor

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
loving coindesk's redesign

you literally can't see the article text

this saves me a lot of time and nonsense

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

divabot posted:

loving coindesk's redesign

you literally can't see the article text

this saves me a lot of time and nonsense

ah, the dropbox school of UI

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

speaking of whatever happened to cryptokitties?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Plank Walker posted:

speaking of whatever happened to cryptokitties?

I know a guy, who knows a guy, who owns the shiniest dragon cat for 500k. They were still chugging along several months ago.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol this is silly and insane. never heard of this game before

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Dragons; but they hoard bitcoin and smoke weed

Discuss.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
looks like number is down again!

NZAmoeba posted:

buttcoin metaphor

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Mr. Gerald, did you ever look into the claims that bitcoin is powered with 70% renewable energy? I think coinbase published a study but I'm sure it's a misrepresentation if not a complete fabrication.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

more like discus

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

According to the charts and my eyes, this will be the last dip before we take off.

I don't generally post such sweeping statements, never have in fact. But I've been predicting all the last few jumps and falls with surprising accuracy. And since I don't have proof of my previous predictions and I don't want to share my buy/sell data, I thought I'd make this post to document this prediction.

Essentially, it might drop a bit more, but then go up. It might drop or stay around 8K at the most up till the end of this month, but my data indicates it's more likely to recover this weekend rather than next. Then it will continue rising at a much steadier pace than in 2017.

Compared to 2017, there will be a 1:10 time ratio (deviating between 1:9 and 1:12). Which means the rise will take place over 30 months until the bubble forms. This is a prediction up till before the volatile peak, not to the new ATH because the data is too volatile to predict that exactly. While 30 months sounds like a long time, the gains will be considerable in order for it to reach 120K before exploding to *160K (160K number only based on extrapolation, not calculated).

I have 2 different gain predictions based on different starting points. The above is based on the first starting point. Interestingly, the second starting point has a different time ratio that leads to the same 30 month span, but it predicts much lower gains. With more time, I'll know which one is the correct gauge.

If this sounds like a load of nonsense, please ignore. I haven't properly explained the concepts. Nor have I detailed my methodology. Though it's inspired by digital audio editing so please don't point out that time ratio's don't exist in conventional data analysis. The point of this post is to record the italicized paragraph (NOT to give investment advice). I got excited and started writing out other predictions, sorry. If the italicized portion pans out over the next week, I will make a more detailed post about everything else. If it doesn't, I will... lose a lot of money I guess.

Dont ask me to source my quotes when you already know the answer

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
https://mobile.twitter.com/RealRossU/status/1196839149199736832

lol no it won't

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

According to the charts and my eyes, this will be the last dip before we take off.

I don't generally post such sweeping statements, never have in fact. [...]

Essentially, it might drop a bit more, but

:hmmyes:

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
One day, too, ross will pass, and only then will he be free from jail. A lifetime and 40 years too early, but sometimes we just have to make do.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

I wonder if i'll remember all this like 30 years from now and look back and laugh just the same. i hope so

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lmao https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/coin-stealer-found-in-monero-linux-binaries-from-official-site/

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

That is loving amazing.

then:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Users are encouraged by moderators on the Monero subreddit to "check the integrity of the binaries and verify that they were signed by Fluffypony's GPG key."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

maybe "this" is a kidney stone

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boxturret posted:

Users are encouraged by moderators on the Monero subreddit to "check the integrity of the binaries and verify that they were signed by Fluffypony's GPG key."

Heh, suckers. Only the kiwami branch by Goku420 can be trusted.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boxturret posted:

Heh, suckers. Only the kiwami branch by Goku420 can be trusted.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Boxturret posted:

when your admin is named fluffypony

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

orange juche posted:

when your admin is named fluffypony

clopchain

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

fross replying to frossself
https://twitter.com/ClemencyForRoss/status/1196839453546803201

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

klafbang posted:

One day, too, ross will pass, and only then will he be free from jail. A lifetime and 40 years too early, but sometimes we just have to make do.

I hope after he dies they keep his body in jail for forty years.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

bitcoin price drops and the something awful forums get all slow, "coin"cidence?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

I have 2 different gain predictions based on different starting points.
well gee

Boxturret posted:

bitcoin price drops and the something awful forums get all slow, "coin"cidence?
bitcoin is down but spinecoin is up

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

spankmeister posted:

Mr. Gerald, did you ever look into the claims that bitcoin is powered with 70% renewable energy? I think coinbase published a study but I'm sure it's a misrepresentation if not a complete fabrication.
the study's here - https://coinsharesgroup.com/assets/resources/Research/bitcoin-mining-network-june-2019-fidelity-foreword.pdf

basically they take the largest mining centres then drill down on those to the "lowest administrative subdivision for which reports of energy mix are available" and multiply those numbers and the percentage of global hashpower those regions represent to get the renewables used for mining.
the number sounds high, but it's because the largest hash centres are almost solely located directly in provinces that are between 90-100% renewable. like sichuan alone represents 50% of the entire mining network and is 90% renewable because it's one of the major centres of hydropower for all of china. the 10% that is located elsewhere in china also includes yunnan, another major hydropower district. another 35% of hashpower is located in affluent first-world nations in high renewable - specifically hydro - centres.

buttcoin-wise, 74.1% sounds like a ridiculous number, but it's just by virtue of the significant mining centres being built basically directly on hydro-power dams that produce more than their infrastructure can export - they even note that they see the centres in china migrating between dams through the year based on the rainy seasons.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CampingCarl posted:

well gee

bitcoin is down but spinecoin is up

spinecoin seems to be built on brittle foundations

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

orange juche posted:

spinecoin seems to be built on brittle foundations

what if we replace the surrounding organic mater with steel as well?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Boxturret posted:

what if we replace the surrounding organic mater with steel as well?

seems feasible, but really what we need is some sort of way to prove that there is a spine, Proof of Spine if you will.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
hey baby you is a fine lookin bitcoin all sittin there with your blockchains and them seven transactions

what say you bring your sweet digital rear end to my place round midnight

drink a little soylent, eat a little dried strawberries

I will control the liquid nitrogren with playa precision, baby, as I know you is a hot blooded bitch and lack the ability to perspirate

that said bitch I will get you hot

bitch I will mine your coin while its still inside you

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

ross looks older and with slightly shorter hair

prison is so cruel

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

they took his most previous possession though

his smile

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

petition to force them to use this picture in all official fross posts

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
official monero website distributes monero stealing malware

turns out those md5 checksums actually mean something, who knew?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

crypto means cryptocurrency not cryptographic security.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

this couldn't have happened if they'd used the bitcoin derivative git hub