Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

cult movies are weird, because like, there is big ones like rocky horror that are bigger and more popular than most mainstream hits. I don't know if anyone in 2019 hasn't seen rocky horror multiple times. So is it even a cult movie at that point? Then actual cult movies are like ultra niche interest stuff with no wide appeal. and there is a fine line between hipster "I only like this obscure movie, you wouldn't understand" and the thing where a certain movie has very specific focuses that make it resonate with one and only one type of person and bounce off everyone else.

Like the thing people call cult movies are often very popular but weird or badly made movies that have a general sense of mainstream acceptance and most people that watch them go "heh, yeah, that was great, what the hell?", where real cult movies are the ones a small group of people connect with entirely that anyone else watching would say "what the hell was that? why did you show me that?"

yeah, well, you know that's just like, uhh, your opinion, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU