Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Long-time reader, first-time poster. Looking forward to the next LP you do, Chokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Chokes McGee posted:

wut up, thread! Now that I have a breather from the job hunt, I should have the latest chapter out in the next day or two.

I'm excited. Are you excited? No? Meh. :geno:

I am extremely excited every time you show a sign of life, let alone post an update. Thank you for all of the LPs you've done over the years, they've put smiles on my face and put me in a good enough mood to get me through some rough times.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Evil Fluffy posted:

The dragonlance games are much better but dragonlance is better than forgotten realms so that’s a given.

I don't know how true that is, given that Dragonlance introduced kender.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Dragonlance has a bunch of well-intentioned base ideas that are incredibly hosed up once you read any further into the subtext. For example, how half-kender are fairly common due to kender women's "perpetually youthful appearance" and "simple eagerness" making them popular with human men.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

fritz posted:

Yeah but: Elminster.

Sorry but a Deus Ex Machina wizard is way more tolerable than an entire race of children

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I liked the original Drizzt stories because they were almost entirely focused on Drizzt's PTSD and the myriad adventures of his hosed up little family of a party. It didn't become the Twoswords Coolguy Show until later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Sad but totally understandable. Thank you for all of the excellent and hilarious LPs you've given us over the years, and thank you for the closing note instead of simply walking away.

You're good people, Chokes McGee.