Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

They're whispering his name through this disappearing land, but hidden in his coat is a red right hand~

That's, like, really dark compared to what you usually sing.

Oh boy. The first time I played Pool of Radiance was in the mid-90s, when the Goldbox games were already venerable, and I had the X-Files soundtrack running on repeat in my stereo. So thanks for giving me a really disturbing flashback to '96, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Years ago, I read a quote or comment somewhere that, at least by the time SSB came around, they figured every player was maxing out their stats and balanced the games accordingly.

The most important attribute for Pools of Darkness and Dark Queen of Krynn is dexterity for the boost to initiative, which determines which side gets to cast Delayed Blast Fireball first. Enemy mages all have 18 dex.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

as long as it's not vomiting hold person and fire breath every loving turn they could call it susan for all I care

Well, there are also Spectral Dragons that drain four levels each time they hit you in Death Knights of Krynn, if that's more to your liking.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

I know absolutely nothing about them other than knowing I had problems with the first one due to party management. I can't really do a game very well unless I'm at least passingly familiar with it. Same engine, sure, but still different mechanics and such.

If that's the only thing holding you back, I could do an effort post about party building and classes in the Krynn trilogy.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
It also only applies to the Forgotten Realms games, not the Dragonlance trilogy. Non-humans have way more options there, and elves can be resurrected.