Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Oh, glad to see you are in a writing state again, Chokes. Looking forward to seeing the game and your additions! I have fun but very skewed memories as I played the Dragonlance Gold Box games . Probably with ridiculous stats and Elven Fighter/Mage/Clerics because I was like 14.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Do you at least default to re-memorizing the same spells, or is that only later Gold Box? (Which also yes, had some nice UI improvements IIRC)

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Truthkeeper posted:

Ooh, a full Realms Gold Box LP, ambitious! I played the PC version, so I'm still kind of in shock how much better this version looks. On the other hand, that font is truly loving atrocious.

It looks like the PC versions I played (Mostly the Krynn games) looked to me?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
The original trick of Dragonlances (in Dragonlance) was they did the wielder's HP in damage to dragons as a turn around. (Mounted ones did dragon+rider HP in damage to opponents I thiink? )

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
If this was during the edition you got XP for GP maybe it'd even counteract the level drain!

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
It's beyond the pale, honestly.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I mean, I was going to suggest hex editing Sternn to be a Paladin because he conned a god. But cheating is fine. I mean, hex editing in a necklace of fireballs for crappy boring combat is also fine as long as you still think you can give a entertaining and within sneezing distance of fair (a distant secondary concern) description of the normal gameplay.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Only about.. four saves in 2ed I think. Which ended up being kind of dodging, mental resist, physical resist, beingdead resist. I remember a sidebar telling GMs how to rule what a hazard was saves with.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Yeah, Ultima 3 was faintly fair.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Am I pretty sure he is called Dragonbait. In lieu of a proper name. He could not speak Common. I forget if his people spoke at all or had some tropey lizard scent language.

EDIT : Painted over with spoiler for anyone come to read this late.

Tylana fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Apr 14, 2020

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Apologies, I assumed they didn't show up in this game because that's what Sternn and co were doing.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I mean, undoing your velcro whilst you aren't looking is faster and about as effective.

I always just assumed Sternn was the faster runner in the crew though. (Not having consumed the original works.)

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
To be fair "Holy gently caress guys this bit is boring." and basically skipping it is fine.

Sterrn&co going "Guys, this is boring yes?" And then like Heather and Hanover discussing James Joyce's Uylesses or whatever might be funnier, I'll admit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
The boring answer about dispelling the ball of fire, is it was the spell Flame Sphere, which summons a lasting sphere of fire to roll around and burn up your foes, not Fireball, which is a mortar round.

But that's also a boring answer so feel free to ignore it.