Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
I never really cared for the Dragonlance setting because my main takeaway from the first two novel trilogies was that no one was allowed to be happy ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

PurpleXVI posted:

God, having played Dragonlance as a kid, read way too many of the books and reviewed the whole thing as an adult I can tell you there's way more issues than that. Starting with an insanely railroady set of modules, "good" gods that are in fact insane pricks, elves being defined as "good" even though they're literal imperialist slavers, miscenegation being a sin, some real gross "these non-humans are subhuman and always terrible"-poo poo, kender, also kender, and loving kender and gully dwarves.

https://writeups.letsyouandhimfight.com/purplexvi/dragonlance/

Just so much poo poo. So. Much. poo poo.

It didn't take nearly that much for me to give up on the setting. All it took was six books of Raistlin and his tragic time eyes.