Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

So. Computer RPG series I've never heard of based on a type of D&D I've never played. The screen has more empty space than relevant information, the actual player view of the world is a small window compared to everything else, the dialogue is an eye-searing green in a font I can barely make out, the game has already vomited all-manner of numbers on me that will receive no explanation beyond Chokes' well-made additions, all alongside some obtuse DRM protection disguised as player engagement.

This game is 90's as gently caress and I am absolutely here for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Randalor posted:

How many adventurers travel with a fully armed and operational battle goat?

Thanks for my next Beast Master Ranger!

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Games like this, Baldur's Gate, and even games as comparatively young as the early Etrian Odyssey DS games have given me legitimate anxiety when playing more open ended RPGs. I love the freedom of party building, class selection, and skill tree variety but I also absolutely need a guide. Like, my brain will not let me play the game if I do not have a guide. The terror of getting 20-30 hours in to a game, only to stumble upon something I literally cannot defeat because of my current build is still permanently seared in to my soul.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

oh my loving gods the amiga version of curse is a mess

like it's already dodgy whenever you import a character into curse but I'm seeing crazy poo poo like someone's strength jumping to 100 or having -27468 plat. I'm frantically correcting with a hex editor as I go to keep crashes/permanent bugs from happening and hoping the wheels don't come off the whole thing when I hit endgame

Somehow, someway, this is probably Rezen's fault.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Fight Man? Hell yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

A periapt is an old word for talisman/charm/amulet/gaudy jewelry your grandma bought you and you were too kind to turn down but it really doesn't match anything you have so you only put it on when she comes by. Basically they're necklaces, usually depicted with gemstones as the talisman but not always.