Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
So, if worse comes to worse, I'm authorizing you to blatantly cheat manually rebalance this game. Perhaps via Sterrn or the former goddess, I dunno, it's your LP; heck, you might still keep chugging along without cheating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
...you guys just helped me figure out where to place my totally-not-evil-vizier type wizard in Choke's multiverse. Warning: Bull plop ahead; turn back or skip this post now, lest you deal with my autism.

So first off, we start with the ever oh so humble wizard, Geo Tsigol, or simply Geo for short, from Choke's aborted Dragon Warrior lp that he didn't even make it into, point and laugh at him, ahahaha an alternate reality in Dragon Quest where they actually get a somewhat competent (if seemingly overly subservient) wizard. Shanna, being the team mom/straight man of the group, is not buying his act for a second, but decides not to push the issue until his sudden but inevitable betrayal. Skip forward to super secret job attainment, and Shanna has utterly screwed Geo out of power, and become even more awesome. Geo, not willing to let this stand, demands the powers that be to "grant him the power he so justly deserves." Well, he gets it-- by being turned into a Fool. Cue a big "no" of anguish here.

Skip forward years later, and possibly on another plane of existence; and he's finally attained enough levels to change jobs into some evil sorcerer of some renown, and become a decrepit old fart to boot. Along the way, he takes up an apprentice, who discovers Geo's past as a fool, and constantly abuses said knowledge to annoy his master constantly. This lasts until the first Pox of Everlasting Pain is cast.

He then bungles up a wish on a captured genie, causing him to regress to infancy; honestly, after the last time he tried this crap, it's not a surprise he failed to consider his wording. His apprentice then takes his place, and drops him off at an orphanage.

Years pass by, and Geo has concluded that what went wrong was that he wasn't buff as well. And thus, the years went by as he became an accomplished muscle wizard; and just as he was about to make his debut to the world and prattle on about some inane crap, his heart suddenly exploded, causing him to keel over and die. The end!

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

Truthkeeper posted:

The PC version we're familiar with didn't have music. The PC-98 was an 80s-90s 16 bit Japanese computer that had a pretty decent library of games, including a surprising number of ports, including a version of Pool of Radiance that looked and sounded like this. Oddly, the sound effects are actually worse. We weren't exactly missing out.

Oh, I see they took some music from the NES/Famicom version. For the sake of comparison: https://youtu.be/O8own2gNwZk

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
Honestly, I'm more looking towards the Silver Blades campaign, my first introduction to DnD in general. I never made it far in, but I certainly had fun. Also, for whatever reason, they decided to allow you to adjust the stats at character creation.

"Okay, we're trusting you to actually put down what's on your character sheet and be honest about it ---"

" lol ok "

"...This has all 18's in it.

You know what? Fine. I'm going to allow this."

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

Chokes McGee posted:

In other here I’m disappointed in myself I didn’t make the first graveyard update Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun

You...could probably make that the chapter title when this gets archived? :shrug:

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

Vlad posted:

IT'S LEATH—you know what? I don't have to deal with this, I'm a contractor. Deal's off. Put me back in the book. I'd rather deal with the Archon than these assholes.

:smugwizard: And he should be back in 3...2...1--

:drac: MOTHER HUMPING HUMPERS!

:smugwizard: I take it you had a good time while you were gone?

:drac: ...Eat a dick. Just...eat a dick.

:smugwizard: ...That rough, huh? Look, go ahead and rest man, we've held down the fort well enough while you were gone, we can do so at least one day longer.

:drac: That..that actually sounds nice.

...Did you happen to finally get laid, bro?

:smugwizard: Pffft, I wish; nah, it's more that if I abuse you any more mentally right now, you'd snap, and then who would take my poo poo? Franky? He'd utterly pulverize my poo poo while whistling a jaunty tune. Probably the same with the new guy. The puppet just plain creeps me out, and the others would just inflict some manner of not as painful torture on me.

:drac: That's...sweet of you?

:smugwizard: That, you're the only one who's name I cam reliably remember.

:drac: ...Hell with it, this is probably as good as it's going to get.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
C. Cheat. Cheat like the wind! Besides, what has the game done for you lately?

No, seriously, I'm cool with blatant cheating; hell, maybe you could write it off as a hiccup/sneeze of goddess power altering him, and wouldn't you know it, it was only good for that one time.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
You know, since you're possibly recreating the party on DOS, what's to stop you from "accidentally" making Justine a Paladin? :thunk:

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
Chokes, if you need a breather to at least prep you for Pools of Darkness, we'll understand. Maybe use that off time to catch up on some Netlix/Hulu/whatever.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

JustJeff88 posted:

I enjoyed the "smell humour" myself. I remembered a few (I assume that lemon = joy is a reference to the washing up liquid of the same name) such as violets and bread, but I genuinely thought that peppermint was legit for a while. Fortunately, I got over that when he did jalapeno smell because those are disgusting.

Also, I do not get the "Willow" reference... anyone care to enlighten me?

Willow would happen to be another Paper Sorcer reference, as the resident witch. There was also what amounted to an anti-mage Frankenstein, a ghost who specialized in debuffs, a minotaur, and the creepiest of them all, the puppet.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
Somewhat relevant, if only because it involves a certain series Chokes played.

I speak of Collection of SaGa: Final Fantasy Legend. Apparently it's going to be available for download on the Switch in December on the 15th, with all three of the original Gameboy titles available.

So, if you wanted to experience the series yourself, but couldn't hunt down an original cartridge, or just wanted to play by means other than that of questionable legality, this is your chance.

/shilling

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

Tyranthraxus posted:

IT'S ME, AUSTIN! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!

AW, SONUVABITCH!

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
Ah, Silver Blades. My first introduction to the world of Dungeons And Dragons. Never got particularly far, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
Good luck with the hunt!

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

Chokes McGee posted:

wut up, thread! Now that I have a breather from the job hunt, I should have the latest chapter out in the next day or two.

I'm excited. Are you excited? No? Meh. :geno:

My apologies, I cannot show excitement lest my heart explodes.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
As far as I can recall, the bar fights only happened in PoR; or at the very least don't exist in SB. Still, not like we're missing much.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
Or, and just hear me out, you just chop out a good amount of the boring stuff, and write it off as being literally so boring the party subconsciously blocked it from their minds, or possibly get them roaring drunk, having forgotten what they did, and only remembering bits and pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
Man, good thing the closest I got to Dragonlance was that book full of short stories done by various writers.

*Rummages through books until he finds--* Ah! "Heroes And Fools"! That's the one.