Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hey Chokes I've always been a huge fan of your LPs and finally caught up. Near the beginning of this LP you briefly mentioned something about a second book. I remember in a previous LP you talked about writing a book. Did you ever finish your first book? Is there a link to buy it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Chokes McGee posted:

Like I said, doable, but I'm pretty sure the reward from Silk is bugged anyway so why bother?

What's the unbugged reward? And how does this change the rest of the scenario?

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Grats on getting through another LP! And seriously consider taking a break if the next game is going to be as much of a slog as everyone makes it sound like.

. . . were we clued into Nameless at some point and I just forgot about it? Are they a known Forgotten Realms character? Or did the writers write themselves into a corner and took the easiest way out?

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Straight White Shark posted:

FF1 had plenty of random instadeath bullshit with very limited on-the-fly resurrections.

Still, at least it did have some kind of difficulty curve that wasn't completely vertical, so it doesn't really belong in the same company as Bard's Tale.

Did they tone it down for the GBA version? I don't remember FF1 being that unforgiving.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm really liking the setup to this game. So much potential here and a fast-travel system too! It's too bad everyone seems to agree it's terrible. Guess those of us not familiar with the Gold Box games are going to find out why.

So how do these games work if you haven't played the previous games? Were people expected to play them in-order even as new games came out? Like if you just picked this game up at the store or mail-order and had no knowledge of the previous two, what did character creation and the early game look like?

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I got super lucky and snagged an appointment for Pfizer when someone cancelled. And for the next two days had the biggest headaches of my life. You all are making me dread the second dose if it's going to be worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for all your works over the years Chokes, your LPs have been some of my absolute favorite and some of these characters you've created have will live rent-free in my head for years to come.

Whatever you end up doing though, keep writing! You're great at it, and wherever you decide to work on will find its audience.