Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Australia doesn't let you have real life drugs be beneficial in games. But if you take Zoomex instead of Cocaine for that speed buff then everything is fine for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

This game as about being a cop in the 1970s. Kinda. If the main character wasn't upsettingly racist, sexist and homophobic then the player's immersion would be shattered.

I'm feeling hopeful about any suss content being done in the right way because these devs seem to be reasonably thoughtful but also I'm looking forward to seeing strategy guides a year from now being like "ok you gotta go the racist and feminist karaoke hobo character class to maximise your speech check success for this part of the game."

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I hope you can go full into exploring hidden mysteries and just kinda solve the main case incidentally while you are trying to figure out what secrets the buildings are keeping from you.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I'm looking forward to having a high Encyclopedia skill and bothering every NPC with inane trivia then crying when they won't respect me. Much like my real life self.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The racial extremist is extremely good and also extremely bad.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I can't believe these guys just transformed me into a skill check like that.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The struggle between my desire not to disappoint by good friend Kim and my desire to do dumb things is real.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Infinity Gaia posted:

Holy poo poo I got a thought that gives me +3 Perception, at the small cost of losing out on a point of Encyclopedia.

What was that from?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Volition gives you one of the best sequences in the game.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The endgame happens on Day 6 if you don't trigger it earlier.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

You can ask your team about it at the end of the game: They say wouldn't work with you if that was the case plus you are so hosed that no mob boss would dare trust you.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

A significant part of Disco Elysium is exploring toxic masculinity so its not like this is a "cool hard-boiled detective" thing.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Evrart spoilers:

Joyce says Evrart has a twin brother who looks and talks exactly like him, named Edgar. This is how they get around term limits as union leader. They can only be told apart by Edgar's lazy eye. When you first meet Evrart you can notice he has a lazy eye.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

It's very good how Cuno is the most repugnant goblin child of all time but also my good friend who is kinda cool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

For some reason one of the funniest parts of the game to me is when you first meet Kim, tell him the body is still in the tree and Esprit de Corps is like "it's obvious he would prefer that the body was not in the tree."