Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

I've had this game wishlisted for ages, didn't realise they'd announced a release date.

The art style is so pretty and all the writing in all the preview stuff I've seen has been great. Can't wait to argue with my inner psyche about the freudian implications of my tie choice or whatever weird poo poo is going on in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

I was at work before so couldn't watch the trailer until now. I'd recommend pausing it to read all the dialogue they show because it's all very good.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Caidin posted:

I've had this on my wishlist for awhile and I'm pleased it's both close to release and way more batshit then I originally thought!

I don't know what half the attributes you can boost are suggesting so I'll probably just pick at random.

The blog posts linked in the op go through all the attributes if you're interested in finding out what they do, though I do respect embracing chaos and picking at random.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

SlightlyMad posted:

The least used skill has about 50 uses in the game, the more frequently used skills have several hundred. Source: Devblog.

Kinda curious what the least used skill is since that's quite a difference from the most common ones. Maybe the Espirit de Corp one that lets you cut away to see what your colleagues are up to?

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

I think it would be fun to pump lots of points into Electrochemistry, Shivers, inland Island, Interfacing, H/E and Encylopedia. Just a drug-addled paranoiac crumpling under a dozen different visions, psychic intuitions and bizarre facts.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

I'm kinda curious how you're going to use drugs mid-dialogue. Are you just going to turn around and do a quick bump off your hand before carrying on with the interrogation? Hmm, now I really want to play a guy based off Nic Cage's character from Bad Lieutenant.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/DominicTarason/status/1177668762197266432

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

Dominic is sadly a really poor source.

He was kinda infamous here for praising everything no matter the actual quality

Oh, I didn't know that. Still, the story of loving up and crashing into the old lady's wheelchair is funny. I think they showed it in the trailer briefly.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

I'm curious how your relationship with your partner will unfold. In Planescape the companions who knew previous iterations of the Nameless One understood he couldn't remember them because of magic, so it makes sense they roll with it.

Whereas I feel like your partner should be trying to get you suspended pending psychiatric help as soon as you reveal you can't remember anything. Though maybe he just assumes you're loving with him.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

The thought cabinet stuff is so cool. I like that a lot of the thoughts come with unintended consequence. Compared to the power fantasy of most RPGs, I like the idea of just being an absolute hot mess.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Savy Saracen salad posted:

I mistyped, from what I have read you have a wife in the game.

She might not be around by the time the game starts since one of the example thoughts they give in the blog post is thinking about a lost lover.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Based off the screenshots I've seen, it definitely strikes me as more jokey:

"I don't know why I said that. I thought it's something a cop would say."

Some of the architecture has a dishonored vibe but I think they've said different parts of the city will look quite different.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

I love that this whole ensemble he's wearing is apparently giving him a +3 bonus to savoir faire.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Excited to finally play this game.

Think I'm going to do a Colombo type detective, high intellect and high psyche. I'll probably dump physique and hope my winning personality can stop people from beating me up.

Then next playthrough just be a drug-addled nut blundering around listening to supernatural intuitions and getting into street fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

I'll be amazed if there aren't some bugs with quests not updating since when you have intricate stuff with lots of choices and possible consequences, it's so easy for something to not trigger.