Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
I think the line that gets me the most in the game is talking to Little Lily in the fishing village. It's such a simple thing, but god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

DropsySufferer posted:

I found a site that has the full text of Joyce's explanation.

Joyce: The world of Elysium is unique in that it is not a single contiguous landmass, but consists of vast continents of matter - isolas - surrounded by a separative issue. This tissue is called the pale and is the most dominant geological feature of the world, the inter-isolary mass, at a ratio of 2:1 to matter.

In fact, it covers 72% of the known surface of Elysium, interfering with any attempts at orbital flight. The Occident-Revachol-Graad nations have been conducting experiments with weather balloons in the lower ionosphere since the thirties, and managed to put together a rather startling image: A dark grey corona, rarefied envelope of matter surrounding the darkened disc of the planet. That is, if Elysium can still be considered a planet: Imagine vast swathes of land disrupted by nothingness. There are grey flares and prominences, even arcs above entire isolas... The images are blurry, but if there was a sphere in there it certainly looks like it fractured a long time ago.[1]

:aaaaa:

Someone needs to draw this.

This phrasing is a little odd in that they shouldn’t have any reason to assume it was or should be spherical. I guess if they have non-sun celestial bodies they could see their shapes. Nitpicky but I did notice that oddness while playing.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Ragnar34 posted:

That part is nuts. I still can't believe you get the ability to recontextualize the entire game up to that point, and it's OPTIONAL. New game plus is a dialogue option in the last quarter of the game, yet the way you play NG+ from the beginning by already knowing the option is coming.

I’m assuming you’re talking about the ability to tell Kim that you were lying about losing your memory and faking it the whole time? I just loaded and it’s there, but it doesn’t seem to do anything beyond that. I didn’t play to the end after checking it out to see if there’s anything beyond making that statement.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

Twobirds posted:

Just started playing. Only a couple hours in and I'm already a sorry cop. Is that bad? I don't remember Planescape: Torment giving me so many opportunities to apologize for past lovely behavior.

I do have one question, and I think I'm mostly unspoiled. Early on, taking with (I think) Reptilian Brain, he calls me Harry. I don't recall getting to ask about it, and I still act like I can't remember my name. Did I miss something? Was it just an aside for future playthroughs to enjoy?

I chose one of the premade stat blocks and struggle a lot when the low ones come up. Worth it to restart?

I think we’re all conditioned from prior RPGs (especially Planescape) toward Sorry Cop. After all, Regret is what can change the nature of a man. The game pokes fun at you for it but it isn’t a problem.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Just started for me on Gog.