Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

my bony fealty posted:

I choose to believe Kim was lying, including to himself, about seeing you climb up the ladder, because surely it would have hurt your health to grasp the sharp metal pieces falling off

What about Trant, though? If you do it at night he's not there, but if he is I can't imagine he wouldn't talk about actual teleportation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
You can also get Elizabeth killed by saying the wrong things in the tribunal, though that requires either failing a logic check or just letting it happen without trying the check. You also get a penalty to the red rhetoric check with Ruby if you tell her Tommy snitched on her, which is pretty big. Not sure about the deserter conversation, but it definitely seemed like you could fail to get all of the information out of him by saying the wrong things. ( I remember one of the skills saying "say shot him, not killed" at one point, not sure what happens if you don't take the advice.)

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

EorayMel posted:

Are there any trivial passive check failures that are shown to you, if you get the checked skill into the negative values via clothing and thoughts? If so, are there any special/stupid ones that take the cake?

Based on this, there is precisely one trivial "antipassive" check, for esprit de corps. I have no idea what it is, though. Or how you can get negative esprit de corps, for that matter.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

BurningBeard posted:

Thanks a ton. That’s exactly the kind of stuff I wanted to avoid. The older I get, the less I like those kinds of things in games. We only get so much time to play. Just want to tool around and have fun defining a character without worrying about poo poo like that.

This is less important, but I’m super curious about it. The game is obviously political, and any amount of research will make it very clear where the developers land on the spectrum, and yet they included some pretty repellent political options. I’m a full blown leftist gay space communist, but I’m still curious, do the centrist and rightwards political avenues mock the player for choosing them? It’s interesting how you get this spectrum of political expression, but prevailing culture outside of the game, and all that, makes me wonder how those less tasteful angles are handled by the developers, their own political biases aside.

IIRC the narration is pretty scathing if you go moralist (centrist). And pretty much the only character the game seems to actively hate and have (almost) no sympathy for at all is a moralist. And fascism goes like EorayMel said, and also makes it pretty clear you're a pathetic loser with the tone the narrator takes. Actually I remember seeing some review where some fash guy was complaining about the game being mean to him.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

BurningBeard posted:

Interesting. This is pretty much what I expected. I’m down for authorial intent, and gently caress fascists, but I’m a touch disappointed that the game’s agenda is so transparent. I will say I think it’s pretty awesome that the game has an evident message reflected in mechanics at all. Can’t think of too many games that do a good job of that.

To be fair the game isn't exactly super optimistic about communism either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
An early game reference would seem fitting for the new release, so "Disco Elysium-It is obvious he would have preferred the body to no longer be in the tree" would be my choice if it's not too long. I think that's 4 characters over the limit though, so maybe "Disco Elysium Final Cut-he would have preferred the body to no longer be in the tree", which should be 85 characters exactly.

Elias_Maluco posted:

I want to be an artist communist cop, any tips on what skills and all to choose?

Conceptualization for the art, PSY would probably fit well.