Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013
There is also another anticipated isometric game in a lovecraftian setting coming out in a few days : Stygian, reign of the old ones

https://store.steampowered.com/app/779290

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013

Ritznit posted:

Oh, I totally get why the protagonist has a pre-set gender. It's just kind of a shame when you can customize your character approach so much to the point that multiple playthroughs won't let you see all the content, but at the same time, you're still just This One Dude. Would have been nice if at least some very basic stuff could have been changed, like the gender. No idea if the game has voice acting to any degree, but more voice acting for more options gets expensive quickly for a smaller studio, so I have sympathy. It's just a bit of a bummer, is all.

He isn't just any dude though, you cannot customize his appearance because it is pretty iconic of the game itself. He is a drunkard slob 35+ with a beer belly and marital problems, bad hair and bad mustache comes with the package.

Savy Saracen salad fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 30, 2019

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013

chaosapiant posted:

Did you mistype marital, or does he have problems with hand to hand combat or martial law? Or the military in general?

I mistyped, from what I have read you have a wife in the game.

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013

UrbicaMortis posted:

Based off the screenshots I've seen, it definitely strikes me as more jokey:

"I don't know why I said that. I thought it's something a cop would say."

Some of the architecture has a dishonored vibe but I think they've said different parts of the city will look quite different.

I chuckled lol, "do you mean I owe you street creed?" "No motherfucker you owe me money!"

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013
I am almost tempted to use a cheat engine when this game arrives...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013
I love it that coach physical instruments sounds like a poster from Bodybuilding.com. If you have high Phys Instru you can even shame the giant racist at the docks and chide him for skipping leg day, and everyone proceeds to laugh at him. You can then kick his rear end using a punch and a flying kick. If you invest a lot of points in Phys Instru your posture starts to change, and start to look like someone whom just left the gym after a heavy weight session .