Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

I mean, yeah?

Getting angry at the race of the actor portraying a character is still getting mad at their race. Ariel having luminescent white skin is somehow not integral to the story of the little mermaid, despite how badly the right wing outrage machine wants it to be. She could be loving green and it wouldn’t matter.

Notice how no one ever complained for decades when white people portrayed non-white characters until the racism drat started to break down and become unsustainable.

There was a point in cinema where Asian people were almost exclusively played by white people with extremely racist accents and facial expressions.

Maybe I'm just cynical but I feel like movie companies are going to journalists/websites and saying "look at all this hate we got". This amplifies and publicizes the hate and creates an atmosphere where it's impossible to actually discuss the movies. This is atmosphere would be convenient if you are someone who makes garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU