Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Der Shovel posted:

I liked that the ICE "agents" were dressed in a mixture of hoodies, jeans and poo poo during their raids instead of having proper uniforms. Just kinda hammers home what a ragtag posse of wannabe lynchmobbers they are.

That's actually what they do in real-life, specifically because if they show up in uniforms then people won't open their doors for them. Being a plainclothes secret police force and basically tricking people into letting them into their homes (which by law the residents don't have to do) is loving scummy but not technically against the law if people willingly let them in.

Also Matt and Trey, while being staunch "non-political libertarians" always kind of skewed left in their politics. I mean go back and watch the Goobacks episode that was literally making fun of the MAGA crowd before there was a MAGA crowd to make fun of. They took ER JEEEEERBS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Conflating autist for artist is so damned stupid but I'd be a liar if I said I never joked about the same

I'm pretty sure it was meant to be a deliberately bad Dad Joke. It felt like a joke that needed the Looney Tunes fanfare and then iris fade out.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

It's not about playing up to the people who aren't racist, sexist or homophobic, it's about not making dumbasses think that The Funny Fart and Boner Guys are on their side. When a popular TV show says a thing, dumbasses think it means that their regressive worldview is justified. Though I guess at this point it's moot because South Park hasn't really been culturally relevant in over a decade so... :shrug:

The only funny trans joke they ever made was against Caitlyn Jenner, but the joke there wasn't that she was trans it's that she's a piece of poo poo.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

They're really at their best when they're not trying to be edgy and just focus on being gross and absurd. The best material they've done in the past 5 years or so has been almost entirely in the video games. The underpants gnome fight in Stick of Truth was the hardest I'd laughed at South Park in over a decade.