Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

so the moral of the story is to never let your AIs be horny on main

...I think. That’s about where I stopped trying to pay attention and let the knife-yowls and neon bears just kind of wash over me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Not sure what I watched, but it was a game all right

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

but it was a game all right
was it, though?

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Fish Noise posted:

was it, though?

I mean on a technical level, it is? But everything else is just so... half-assed.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It was Thor executing himself in that cutscene!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Incompetence is one thing, but now this has gone into active contempt for the player. What the gently caress is this game.

EDIT: Holy crap, they got Kari freakin' Wahlgren for only 3 lines? Everything about this game is a waste.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 3, 2019

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Why would you not record slightly more voice lines if you are going to be repeating them every half a minute gently caress sake

Zubersquid
Aug 7, 2014
Found an interesting article about the developer of this game. Kind of explains how we go this mess.
https://kotaku.com/what-went-wrong-with-silicon-knights-x-men-destiny-5955223

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Zubersquid posted:

Found an interesting article about the developer of this game. Kind of explains how we go this mess.
https://kotaku.com/what-went-wrong-with-silicon-knights-x-men-destiny-5955223

Well that sent me down a bit of a rabbit hole in reading about game development chaos.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

You'd think after dying so much he'd just eventually give up, but I guess Baldur thought it was better to rein in Hel than serve in Valhalla.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

I still have no idea who we were supposed to like and root for. Baldur is an unsympathetic rear end in a top hat, the rest of the Aesir are backstabbing shitheads and Loki is Loki. Honestly Hel seems like the most sympathetic one since she actually wasn't the one to break the agreement and has some human flaws with the vanity thing, also her design would have been pretty cool if it wasn't so drat sexualized.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
And in the end there, Thor at least was honest about what was up. He didn't make excuses, he admitted to what they did, said Baldur was worth it, and they would do it again. Sure, they kept it a secret from him, but not out of maliciousness. If the rest of the game showed that degree of effort put into it, it might have actually been... better?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I was kinda hoping something would come out of all the human soldiers looking like Baldur to me, but of course I was being Too Hopeful.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m glad for your sake this game wasn’t longer because wow, what a bland slog.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Did a single story scene in this game have a soundtrack?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I was gonna make a joke and link the death theme saying it's the only track you need to hear, but I can't find it on youtube and all the videos specifically of dying were made with a camcorder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m glad for your sake this game wasn’t longer because wow, what a bland slog.

Phew now he just has to get the new game + exclusive content.

omigod thats a joke i hope its a joke