Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'll watch Hero and maybe check out Beastars and No Gun and also hope that Romance Dawn gets a translation because it's an adaptation of one of the one shots that would eventually become One Piece and that'll be neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Will watch: MHA, Koto friends S2, Board Game Club, Sherlock
Probably end up watching: Azur Lane, Gun-head dude, Beastars (?), Rifle girls
Maybe: Shokugeki S4, Wrestler isekai
Cont: Vinland

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Allarion posted:

I'm gonna make an Average Thread for the Average Isekai, and you're all gonna like it! That said, I'm probably the sole person who's read the source material and it's fun. There'll be explosions and cheesy poses and everything.

I've read and am Looking forward to it even if it is Average

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
FGO:Babylonia has apparently shitload of talent, resources and passion behind it and the story it adapts is rock solid with great writing, so it has a chance of being pretty amazing

FGO:Babylonia is also adaptation of mobile gacha game and they decided to adapt part 7 (and only part 7) out of 10 part story, so it has a chance of being absolutely horrible.

I am pretty curious to see which one it turns out to be.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Lt. Lizard posted:

FGO:Babylonia has apparently shitload of talent, resources and passion behind it and the story it adapts is rock solid with great writing, so it has a chance of being pretty amazing

FGO:Babylonia is also adaptation of mobile gacha game and they decided to adapt part 7 (and only part 7) out of 10 part story, so it has a chance of being absolutely horrible.

I am pretty curious to see which one it turns out to be.

they're doing part 6 too, it's just a movie, with a different studio behind it, and coming out after part 7

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the structure is like, a mostly episodic thing that has a thread tying it all together. 6 and 7 are much more their own stories than being beholden to details of the overarching narrative, i feel like?

not like they won't do a little summary of that stuff, you can see in the PVs that they're going to cover the setup to some degree

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Needs to have Gudako as the leed

Also Granblue needs to have Djeeta as the lead

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Needs to have Gudako as the leed

Also Granblue needs to have Djeeta as the lead

Sorry to disappoint you, but neither of these things are happening, though if you're lucky Granblue will do another special episode featuring djeeta just like the first season did.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Isn't the FeMC in GBF voiced by Nao Toyama? If so yes, Granblue Fantasy needs to have the FeMC.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

dogsicle posted:

the structure is like, a mostly episodic thing that has a thread tying it all together. 6 and 7 are much more their own stories than being beholden to details of the overarching narrative, i feel like?

not like they won't do a little summary of that stuff, you can see in the PVs that they're going to cover the setup to some degree

I feel like watching Babylonia without a feel for the stakes and momentum of the overall plot might feel a biiiit random, but episode 00 gives it some weight on its own imo. Even as an FGO player, the parts pre-Camelot (the section immediately before Babylonia and being adapted into movies) are fairly fluff and could be basically anything, as much as I like America.

Motto fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 24, 2019

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013

Wark Say posted:

Isn't the FeMC in GBF voiced by Nao Toyama? If so yes, Granblue Fantasy needs to have the FeMC.

nah, the powerful friend of the MC in granblue is voiced by Toyama

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is she at least badass to the max? (FGO and GBF both have regional motherfuckery here in Mexico, so I had to settle for FEH)

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
I'm not gonna watch FGO stuff until they give Gudako the respect she deserves and give her protag.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Wark Say posted:

Is she at least badass to the max? (FGO and GBF both have regional motherfuckery here in Mexico, so I had to settle for FEH)

Eh, not really, she's basically soul-tethered to the MC and sticks to a support role. She's not a wimp by any means, and has her brave moments, but she's hardly a full-fledged badass.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Julias posted:

Sorry to disappoint you, but neither of these things are happening, though if you're lucky Granblue will do another special episode featuring djeeta just like the first season did.

Djeeta being full on whale compared to Gran in the special was the best part of the Granblue anime

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

I'm not gonna watch FGO stuff until they give Gudako the respect she deserves and give her protag.

she's the lead in a few manga adaptations (shimosa and salem) but that's about it unfortunately

idk i've pretty much accepted that i'm only going to feel bitter about all the big fate animated adaptations cause they're never gonna have the femcs so i'll just play the games instead lol. sucks when you get something like foxtail that has original stuff tho, some of the stuff in that sounds neat but i can't say i care about moon cell or especially ccc without hakunon

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Julias posted:

Fall Season 2019: That's Quite a Lot of Sequels to Series I Haven't Watched, huh

Kabukichou Sherlock
Production I.G | Ai Yoshimura | Taku Kishimoto | Mystery, Comedy, Drama | Original | Oct 12, 2019
The East Side of Shinjuku Ward … In the center of this chaotic neighborhood, the neon-lit Kabukicho district is expanding. Where light shines, there are also deep shadows. The curtain rises on this night stage where bizarre murders occurred! Is this suspense? No, comedy? An indistinguishable drama is about to begin….
PV

Keishichou Tokumubu Tokushu Kyouakuhan Taisakushitsu Dainanaka: Tokunana (Tokunana)
... | Harume Kosaka | Yuuichiro Higashide | Police | Original | Oct 6, 2019
A long time ago dragons ruled a world of elves, dwarves, vampires, homunculi, and humans. In the present dragons have all but disappeared, so the ones left chose to live together, and their appearance came to resemble that of humans. The year 2x19 in Tokyo is mostly a time of peace, but a group called the Nine cause chaos in their quest to obtain the dragons' powers and change the world. The police form a unit consisting of various experts to fight against Nine; the Special Crime Investigation Unit - Special 7 (Tokunana). These individuals have abilities that surpass the average human, to the extent that there are rumors of rebellion against them. A rookie, Seiji Nanatsuki, enters the unit. While teased by other members with colorful personalities, he sets out to solve cases involving Nine with his bright mind and straightforward thinking. Will he be able to find justice in the most grueling circumstances?
PV

These two (And Psychopass S3!!!!!) look really interesting. I'm loving Cop Craft, so hopefully that'll be at least somewhat of a predictor.

(Also, what the backstory for Cop Craft? Is the island the story is on on the other side of the rift, which the US invaded and made a state or unincorporated area?)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I wanna see the gun head show

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
More We Never Learn! Pretty fast as well, nice!

And I'm sold on the description of Hataage! Kemono Michi:
Professional wrestler and animal lover Shibata Genzo is suddenly summoned to another world. Greeted by a princess, she requests to get rid of the evil beasts roaming in this world. Outraged that he was asked to kill monsters, Genzo German suplexes the princess. Unable to get back to Earth, he decides to live a peaceful life and manage a "monster" pet shop.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I too was sold on SUPLEX A PRINCESS - the show.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Most excited for Chihayafuru 3, though I'll probably need to watch a recap video first.

Kono Oto Tomare 1 was surprisingly enjoyable and did not have any sort of conclusion, so I'll probably check out season 2.

The board game anime might be fun, though I gave up on the manga for being a bit too saccharine and repetitive.

Kabukichou Sherlock and No Guns Life are my wildcard of the season, both look like they could be a lot of fun.

Not a lot of comedies on the list, but I guess I'll check out Average Isekai.

MHA4 should be fun, though season 3 definitely dragged in places.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The odds on Build Divers ReRise being good are frankly low, as it's still got the same director. I want it to be good, but my hopes are tempered by two cours of Build Diver mediocrity about the writer and/or director's pet MMO Waifu story.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I got seriously behind on checking out all the great anime that came out in the summer season (too many great games!) and honestly apart from MHA nothing is really interesting me so I may end up skipping this season just to catch up.

I never even touched Takagi-san which is a travesty.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Wakaba drowned, so that her VA could take over the new Aikatsu main character who looks completely different.

Aikatsu lore is on another level.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Ooh, this is a good season for me!
Gonna watch Chihayafuru, MHA, No Guns Life, and the Bookworm anime. I'll probably give Beastars a shot too, since people have been so hype about it.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

OnimaruXLR posted:

Is Black Fox going to actually have a TV series at some point? I know there's the movie coming out, and the live action... movie? I think? But there's no anime or live action series yet, is there?

Season 2 was bad, and the movie was a serious snooze. I'll give the third season a shot but the odds are not in it's favor.

Spiritus Nox posted:

My understanding is that the movie very much ends on a sequel hook, but we haven't heard anything about the sequel yet. So I think the hope is to do like Girls Und Panzer or the upcoming Princess Principal stuff and do a series of OVAs, but the rest of the project has yet to be greenlit.

blackfox was originally supposed to be a 12 episode series but it shared director kazuya nomura with run with the wind and was being produced concurrently. when run with the wind faced significant production issues that cascaded into derailing blackfox, studio 3hz decided that it would be better to essentially turn the series into a recap movie of the first half (with no actual series to recap) and give the animators more time to increase the production values rather than push through a half hazard product. so the movie is basically the first half of the originally written story which probably means that if its even moderately successful they'll push out a sequel movie that covers the back half of the original scripted cour

wrt psycho-pass 3 this new season is a sequel to 3 movies inaccessible to the west that focus on different characters than season 1-2 and the movie so it probably will make no loving sense and be terrible without context.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

youtube has decided to get into the anime biz, and their method of torture is an urobochi cgi monstrosity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_ml8tjOeE4

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Going to at least give the new Build Divers a try and probably get burned again. Apart from some season 2s I'll catch, I think I'll wait for opinions from others on other shows.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Nothing really stands out as much watch. I'll check out No Guns Life, Bookworm, and the thing by the Konosuba guy.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Nothing really stands out as much watch. I'll check out No Guns Life, Bookworm, and the thing by the Konosuba guy.

Wait, Bookworm was this season, how did I miss that one?

That's on my must watch list.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
nothing interesting this season. or last season either.

patiently waiting for dorohedoro.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Nothing is really immediately sticking out for me this season as something I'd wanna keep up with each week. Hopefully there are some surprises as there often are, but heck if there isn't I'm fine with hitting up my backlog. Last two seasons gave me plenty to watch so I've been neglecting that.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Looks like Crunchy is going to get the Blackfox film in October

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

I haven't watched a new series in a few years but I am here for Impassionate Gods

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Looks like Crunchy is going to get the Blackfox film in October

Source? Movie releases in theaters in Japan in October

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Homura and Sickle posted:

Source? Movie releases in theaters in Japan in October

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-09-25/crunchyroll-to-stream-blackfox-anime-film-on-october-4/.151520

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
will watch:

psycho pass 3. i dont know why. sunk cost fallacy at this point
human lost
lupiin iii: the first
sound & fury
opm 2 ova
romance dawn ova
blade of the immortal ova. i suspect this might end up worse than the tv series...
obsolete

maybe:

pet. the description just sounds like shonen ai though...

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

oh that's dope and i think fairly unprecedented? at least for a movie i'm actually interested in. i am used to either going to japan to see a movie or waiting for 6 months to a year for the home release before its remotely accessible in the US

what im excited for this season:
beastars (gently caress you netflix). the manga is supposedly really good and studio orange fuckin killed it with land of the lustrous (season 2 please) so this is a must watch
no guns life: what the gently caress???
rifle is beautiful: i'll watch whatever 3hz makes

will give a shot:
assassin's pride: cute girls doing murder things but why is kirito in this
babylon: could be interesting
hataage: tiger mask being an isekai animal rights activist could be funny
bookworm: looks wholesome and cute
kabukichou sherlock: looks like it has great production values and soundtrack but man i'm wary of how it will treat the transgender or nonbinary characters from that pv

maybe a couple others like pet or the one about the guy getting shot down twice in a row only for a tsundere to fall for him

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Sep 26, 2019

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Relin posted:

will watch:

psycho pass 3. i dont know why. sunk cost fallacy at this point

Have you seen the movie, out of curiosity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Have you seen the movie, out of curiosity?

Was it any better than season 2 at actually engaging with the ending to s01?

Also apparently there are another three films on top of the first one.