Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Shadowlz posted:

Then I bought a couple of wolves for cash and sold their offspring for like 100-200 leaf points each.
The dude that built ridiculous stuff in Planet Coaster made a YouTube video on how to easily make CC in Planet Zoo. Short version of his idea: run a puppy mill.

Apparently African wild digs, timber wolves, etc. breed a lot, mature quickly, and sell for decent CC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

I saw on Steam that the next patch, on the 17th will let you slow animal aging so I may give this game another shot. Is there any way to get a beta patch or something to get that change now?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Diogines posted:

I saw on Steam that the next patch, on the 17th will let you slow animal aging so I may give this game another shot. Is there any way to get a beta patch or something to get that change now?

Yea, they look to be putting a pretty sizable patch (and DLC) on the 17th to the game.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/planet-zoo-update-1-1-0-coming-17-december.532566/

Along with being able to slow aging (also slows mating) and they are putting it in all game modes.

Patch is also adding pack behavior to the dogs and more playing animations/interactions to the Lemurs.

And then the DLC is going to be arctic animals and scenery pieces. With the Polar Bear, Reindeer, Arctic Wolf, and Dall Sheep for $10...

Not sure what they were thinking not having loving penguins in the arctic animal update. But whatever.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
I hope one of the things on their to-fix list is the animal trading UI. It must have some real awful code going on beneath the hood as it spikes my CPU to near 100% when its open.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Not sure what they were thinking not having loving penguins in the arctic animal update. But whatever.

Penguins are ANTarctic animals, not arctic. I wanted some musk oxen :(

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Shadowlz posted:

I'm convinced that people bitching are bad at games and/or communists.

Or the market crashed when people got bored and moved on?

MikeStmria
Aug 13, 2019

"So it begins.."

Infidelicious posted:

Or the market crashed when people got bored and moved on?

I think this was due to everyone wanting to make crazy CC instead of nice looking zoos.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Does this game have raccoons? I like raccoons

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Ayn Marx posted:

Does this game have raccoons? I like raccoons

there's red pandas, they're like red raccoons

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

So how did this shake out? I always like chill out simulation games where I can just make a pretty zoo and watch tv on my second monitor.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
You can certainly make a pretty zoo while paying partial attention. If you want chill, though, you need to dole out a lot of contraceptives or you’ll be a full-time animal breeder/trader.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Agent355 posted:

So how did this shake out? I always like chill out simulation games where I can just make a pretty zoo and watch tv on my second monitor.

I really really like it but you will probably enjoy it a lot more if you’re more into the creative side of things than the management.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

You can certainly make a pretty zoo while paying partial attention. If you want chill, though, you need to dole out a lot of contraceptives or you’ll be a full-time animal breeder/trader.

You can slow down animal aging now, that should help a lot with the avalance of peafowl/warthogs.

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:
A lot of the default settings can be disabled to make the staff, guests, and animals way easier to deal with, if you just want to chill in Sandbox mode and make a pretty zoo without worrying about the rest of it.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I'm surprised that this thread isn't more active. The game seems really fun and chill and allows a huge degree of creativity.
Is franchise mode still hosed?

MikeStmria
Aug 13, 2019

"So it begins.."

a7m2 posted:

I'm surprised that this thread isn't more active. The game seems really fun and chill and allows a huge degree of creativity.
Is franchise mode still hosed?

I too was expecting a lot of updates with the DLC release. I haven't played in a while, specifically because my creativity was struggling to make buildings and I got mad at watching other people build such cool loving places. Lol

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I found the campaign mode limited and kinda boring and the franchise mode super slow because it was so hard to turn a profit so I kinda stopped playing.

I should probably just play in sandbox mode or w/e where I have no limit on resources so I can just focus on making a pretty zoo.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

I’m pretty much only playing Sandbox at this point, and I love it. It’s so chill and calm. I have zero use for the rest of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

New South America DLC : Jaguar, Llama, Capuchin Monkey, Giant Anteater and a loving frog.