Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Vichan posted:

Thank you all for explaining it, it was a genuine question.

Honestly, it would be a hate symbol if it were just a very large normal flag, too, though it would be less blatant than the modified flag. In general plastering giant flags on poo poo is almost always done as a faux-nationalist authoritarian symbol.

E: Phone posting tax (is) theft:

All cop dogs are good boys and girls who would be much, much better off with non-bastards as owners.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

Has anyone identified the pigs yet

It's all of them

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

i am harry posted:

So whoever corrected me about not getting news from The Guardian is spot on:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/06/florida-ups-truck-hijacked-police-chase
Article goes through pains to avoid mentioning anywhere that all 4 people died from COP BULLETS. Every one of the following lines of text is about the people getting shot and dying from cop bullets and not a single mention of it anywhere.

Blame the AP for that one, though The Guardian shares in it for republishing it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Murderers got to stick together.

https://twitter.com/LoranceClint/status/1202976030232854534

These are the Blackwater mercs that murdered 17 people in the Nisour Square massacre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC4sAaV1eBs

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

ReidRansom posted:

Blame the AP for that one, though The Guardian shares in it for republishing it.

Yes, I sent them a complaint email directly asking if all they did was pull the AP article off ENPS and republish it.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

BigglesSWE posted:

This is unbelievably crazy. If this happened in Sweden, the entire police force administration would be reeling from the backlash for years.

But it’s America so I guess police are allowed to cosplay GTA at Will now.

Reminds me of playing Driver. It was a bit like GTA, the more stars you earned the more psychotic the cops got to the point they'd psycho ram you and anyone between you and them. Loved playing on the San Fran map because in their psycho lead foot rage they'd launch themselves hundreds of feet through the air on the hilly streets

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

i am harry posted:

So whoever corrected me about not getting news from The Guardian is spot on:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/06/florida-ups-truck-hijacked-police-chase
Article goes through pains to avoid mentioning anywhere that all 4 people died from COP BULLETS. Every one of the following lines of text is about the people getting shot and dying from cop bullets and not a single mention of it anywhere.

It's an AP article.

e:fb

Although even for an AP article its craven.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Has anyone identified the pigs yet

No it was cops, who are way less valuable than pigs.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

These are the Blackwater mercs that murdered 17 people in the Nisour Square massacre.

This piece of poo poo is shameless

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

yronic heroism posted:

Yeah Trump only needs to continue conning a bunch of white people in Wisconsin, and the past ten years shows this works even more than half the time. Hell, Walker barely lost last year and that was a wave election.

He’s got a lot of things going against him too, but there’s no reason to assume it won’t be close, and certainty on the outcome is a dumb bet when elections are close.

I can tell you don't live in Wisconsin and that you've likely never been there. Trump isn't winning Wisconsin unless the Democrats forcibly handpick a candidate as lovely as or shittier than Clinton. One big reason Trump won Wisconsin in '16 is because the Clintons hosed the state badly with trade policy in the 90s and voters never forgave them. Guess what Trump's trade policy is doing to Wisconsin farmers!

Pointing at the gubernational result is also ignorant. Evers was a weak candidate (sadly typical for the state party) floated by the wave election. Our openly lesbian Democratic Senator Tammy Baldwin stomped her opponent by 11 points, almost 10x the margin by which Evers won.

We've also been working on eroding Republican voter suppression and gerrymandering (the latter obviously not relevant to the GE). Turnout in '20 will be far higher than it was in '18 or '16.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I did not realize these war criminals do not face a regular court but instead face a jury of military members only.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I did not realize these war criminals do not face a regular court but instead face a jury of military members only.

yes, so when your military brethren decide "yep, gently caress this guy" it's double damning

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

oxsnard posted:

yes, so when your military brethren decide "yep, gently caress this guy" it's double damning

I don't know how long it's been like this but the military seems less and less willing to go to bat for odious war criminals in their ranks, which is a good thing. Obviously still not perfect but it's good to see that even Navy SEALS are doing things like "Eddie Gallagher is such a bloodthirsty maniac that we had to fire warning shots just to get people out of his line of fire"

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
if it seems biased that the jury pool for a military court is military people, consider how a civilian jury might acquit a war criminal based on ignorant patriotism. a military jury would be more aware of what you can and cannot do under rules of engagement, and less sensitive to arguments about stress in combat

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Groovelord Neato posted:

This video is extraordinarily good and it's going to be a Cassandra-like roadmap to the upcoming pardoning and/or CHUD media storm trying to exonerate these guys.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

It's an AP article.

e:fb

Although even for an AP article its craven.

It is, however the Guardian ran a donation campaign last year on what they called “the counted” where they tried to record each American shot by police, so to pull such an article straight down from the gatekeeper’s feed and regurgitate it is grotesque.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

luxury handset posted:

if it seems biased that the jury pool for a military court is military people, consider how a civilian jury might acquit a war criminal based on ignorant patriotism. a military jury would be more aware of what you can and cannot do under rules of engagement, and less sensitive to arguments about stress in combat

One of your guys going war crimes jeopardizes the mission and motivates the other side to commit atrocities against you if they get the chance.

Being nice to anyone not shooting at you that moment is actually smart military strategy for a whole host of pragmatic reasons.

E: I don't want to oversell military ethics here because lolnope, but there is a basic "don't gently caress yourself for no reason" thing at play when the military punishes war crimes.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 6, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Angry_Ed posted:

I don't know how long it's been like this but the military seems less and less willing to go to bat for odious war criminals in their ranks, which is a good thing. Obviously still not perfect but it's good to see that even Navy SEALS are doing things like "Eddie Gallagher is such a bloodthirsty maniac that we had to fire warning shots just to get people out of his line of fire"

my cousins boy friend is in the green berets(or at least training) and he says alot of the really really hosed up poo poo comes from SEAL culture back when the war on terror kicked off and the military has been trying to clean up super hard and purge/jail the various bad shitheads. the robert bales massacare was the big one that started that whole ball rolling.

luxury handset posted:

this. the military courts are more likely to burn the super psychos than say, your chickenhawk uncle.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

DarkHorse posted:

12 lbs of squeezing force guarantees you're not going to be accurate, because your hand will be shaking so much from the force you won't be able to hit much (and cops are notoriously bad shots already)

Nah, I've seen people shoot double action revolvers quickly and accurately. Light triggers do help bad shooters shoot better, but if you practice you can still do very well with heavier triggers.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

I can tell you don't live in Wisconsin and that you've likely never been there. Trump isn't winning Wisconsin unless the Democrats forcibly handpick a candidate as lovely as or shittier than Clinton. One big reason Trump won Wisconsin in '16 is because the Clintons hosed the state badly with trade policy in the 90s and voters never forgave them. Guess what Trump's trade policy is doing to Wisconsin farmers!

Pointing at the gubernational result is also ignorant. Evers was a weak candidate (sadly typical for the state party) floated by the wave election. Our openly lesbian Democratic Senator Tammy Baldwin stomped her opponent by 11 points, almost 10x the margin by which Evers won.

We've also been working on eroding Republican voter suppression and gerrymandering (the latter obviously not relevant to the GE). Turnout in '20 will be far higher than it was in '18 or '16.

Ive been to Wisconsin enough to see how things go. Yeah your incumbent Senator was re-elected, but then you got another chud winning a Supreme Court seat.

Also this: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/wisconsin/

Wisconsin only delivers about half the time.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Like I said yesterday if you looked in the replies of the original linked Clint Lorance tweet the guy who was most vocal about him being murderous scum was a full on MAGA shithead vet.

The "Biden Four" were convicted in a civilian court since they were mercs. They've all been convicted more than once.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Angry_Ed posted:

That’s going to change now that the president has stated that he will personally ensure he ruins the lives of everyone involved with bringing justice to war criminals.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

Like I said yesterday if you looked in the replies of the original linked Clint Lorance tweet the guy who was most vocal about him being murderous scum was a full on MAGA shithead vet.

The "Biden Four" were convicted in a civilian court since they were mercs. They've all been convicted more than once.

well alot of the MAGA types legit want that kinda of warfare. the "if you shoot at us or throw rocks at the Humvee, We hang every male in the village" type poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Fallom posted:

That’s going to change now that the president has stated that he will personally ensure he ruins the lives of everyone involved with bringing justice to war criminals.

ehh. the military will wait trump out especially if they think he will lose in 2020 or earlier/etc.

https://twitter.com/knight69420/status/1202958378332499969
speaking of dumb decisions. here is a possibly dubious thing that i hope happens.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

speaking of dumb decisions. here is a possibly dubious thing that i hope happens.

I loving wish.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Impossible. Trump can’t maintain the attention or effort to do this. Maybe he will tweet repeatedly about doing it though.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

ehh. the military will wait trump out especially if they think he will lose in 2020 or earlier/etc.

I don't know what's more frustrating, that whoever's around him will never in a million years let him actually go through with it even with prepared answers, or that even if he really does go through with it, 30% of the country will legit think he is a strong fighter and sharp.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Angry_Ed posted:

its like when the pigs arrest the worst of themselves to make it look like they care, don't buy into this narrative.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Beyond unlikely. Even if he mused aloud on it, there is absolutely no chance it happens and it's doubtful even someone as stupid as Trump would seriously consider it. IF he said anything about it, it was dumb posturing bullshit to inflate himself and attempt to project innocence.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Almost dumb enough to be something he would do.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

yronic heroism posted:

Ive been to Wisconsin enough to see how things go. Yeah your incumbent Senator was re-elected, but then you got another chud winning a Supreme Court seat.

Also this: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/wisconsin/

Wisconsin only delivers about half the time.

I looked through the latest round of polling from Marquette and I would be suspicious of it to say the least, in particular the one result that has Booker ahead by one point -- half the respondents didn't engage with that one question. The age breakdown for this polling are heavily Gen X/Boomer as well.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

WoodrowSkillson posted:

its like when the pigs arrest the worst of themselves to make it look like they care, don't buy into this narrative.

The military murdered Pat Tillman.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

And I'll make another prediction and toxx on it. His "personal lawyer" Rudy Giuliani won't be the one defending him either.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I'm now a Blue Lives Matter guy.

quote:

A gang rape and murder case in India that had roiled the country, prompting national protests in support of the 27-year-old victim, came to a shocking conclusion Friday when police shot and killed the four suspects in the case. The four men—two truck drivers and two truck cleaners, all between 20 and 26 years old—were being held by police for the rape and murder of a female veterinarian in the southern city of Hyderabad last week when they were, according to police, taken to the scene of the crime around 3 a.m. to reconstruct the alleged murder scene. Police said the men were shot and killed after two of the men were able to take control of a police officer’s weapon and tried to escape.

“Some of the accused snatched the weapons from the police personnel and fired at them,” a police official told CNN. “In self-defense, the police fired at the accused.” The murky circumstances where each of the men were not only shot by police, but killed, has raised serious questions about whether the local police force carried out an extrajudicial killing in the dead of night. In India, questions over the manner in which police dispensed what appears to be punishment for a crime the suspects had not yet been officially convicted of sparked condemnation from activists and human rights organizations, but few others. The officers were reportedly feted by locals, who swarmed the site of the killing, showering police with rose petals. “The law has done its duty,” a top local police official said of the men’s deaths.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

ReidRansom posted:

And I'll make another prediction and toxx on it. His "personal lawyer" Rudy Giuliani won't be the one defending him either.

how brave of u. So brave, that I will join you in this 0% chance toxx

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Hey I'm not in the business of throwing away :10bux::10bux::10bux: I am not a gambling man.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

Beyond unlikely. Even if he mused aloud on it, there is absolutely no chance it happens and it's doubtful even someone as stupid as Trump would seriously consider it. IF he said anything about it, it was dumb posturing bullshit to inflate himself and attempt to project innocence.

i doubt it will happen but part of me thinks it might. trump probably thinks the senate is a safe enough place and the dude legit thinks he has 100% of america behind him, plus his mind views everything as some TV thing, so this is his climatic moment.

Groovelord Neato posted:

I'm now a Blue Lives Matter guy.

yeah, india/pakistan have Rape culture problem thats even more openly horrible than the US somehow and its loving depressing to watch. i remember that one case about the brutal gang rape on bus and the rapist were viewed as heroes or some poo poo. anyway, i will give those cops credit because killing rapists is a good thing.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Dec 6, 2019

Kale
May 14, 2010

Slowpoke! posted:

Daniel Craig is in that movie and he plays James Bond and the trailer refers to him as 007. The black woman is another 00 agent (she might be the new 007; I don’t think it was clear). We are basically getting Old Man Bond.

Gorka dumb racist

Don’t get complacent. The Electoral College makes the Presidential Election difficult to predict compared to other races. Trump could lose the Popular Vote by 10+ million and still win. There are 8-10 really important states that will decide it and we don’t have good polling data from them because we don’t know who the Dem candidate is. In many of those races the current polls have everyone in a dead heat.

Can we maybe stop giving a gently caress what stupid people like Gorka and Donald Trump Jr. find for wedge issues in Hollywood film? It's literally just more trying to find pop culture flashpoints to stoke pointless division and get a specific sort of shithead doing and saying what they want on social media again. It's not targeted at anyone here. Like that's literally what it is, the targeted barely a dog whistle messaging that you might have heard about that Facebook and Youtube in particular have been getting poo poo for the last couple years. Same goes for poo poo like Charlie Kirk, Jacob Wohl, Ben Shapiro and Alex Jones activities.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, india/pakistan have Rape culture problem thats even more openly horrible than the US somehow and its loving depressing to watch. i remember that one case about the brutal gang rape on bus and the rapist were viewed as heroes or some poo poo. anyway, i will give those cops credit because killing rapists is a good thing.

What the gently caress is wrong with you? Cops murdering suspects is not a solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
Unreal that cops would use occupied cars as cover while instigating a shoot out in the middle of dense traffic

How in the holy gently caress does that seem like a reasonable idea to anyone, let alone someone who has supposedly been trained in the safe use of firearms? loving inexcusable.