Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Quorum posted:

Calling my rep (McEachin) to yell IMPEACHMENT *click*. I don't think he has a public stance yet.

Yo mceachin!
Start impeachin!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
I suddenly got the feeling that switching off at the utter clusterfuck of politics for a few months means I've missed a few things that actually matter...?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1176315165798739969

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
My rep is Cicilline and he's been pro impeachment for a while, so I'm happy with him.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Trump's bullying target

https://mobile.twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1167916636394754049

https://mobile.twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1167916944520908800

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The kids are alright. gently caress yeah they are. :3:

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
I can't get over the US president publically mocking an obviously emotional 16 year old girl who just wants the best for the whole planet. I just can't.

I know he's done so many other awful things, but it's just so loving spiteful. Some of the poo poo his supporters are saying online, I reported someone earlier detailing how they wanted to smash her face in with a brick :(

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Roblo posted:

I can't get over the US president publically mocking an obviously emotional 16 year old girl who just wants the best for the whole planet. I just can't.

I know he's done so many other awful things, but it's just so loving spiteful. Some of the poo poo his supporters are saying online, I reported someone earlier detailing how they wanted to smash her face in with a brick :(

Take comfort in the fact that all the people saying things like this are pathetic, withered husks of human beings who have been abandoned by their families and are incapable of experiencing happiness.

They're the population of Free Republic.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

British Trump got slapped down in his attempt to put Parliament on recess until a week or two before the Brexit deadline. Their Supreme Court ruled unanimously that this was illegal and is allowing Parliament to go back into session.

https://twitter.com/orlandosentinel/status/1176451654218080258

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
I was riding into work with a lady who was listening to some kind of talk radio wherein they discussed how the whistleblower wasn't even listening to the call! therefore this wasn't real. As if this had any bearing on the fact that the president himself literally blurted out crimes.

The amount of cognitive dissonance and willful ignorance is stunning but the spin coming from the right is just painful to listen to.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Wark Say posted:

Yeah that gave me good chills. I'm so proud of that drat girl.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Wark Say posted:

She's encouraging me to take the management at my workplace to task about environmental stuff and general waste. It's a small thing but working with what I can.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

ewiley posted:

I was riding into work with a lady who was listening to some kind of talk radio wherein they discussed how the whistleblower wasn't even listening to the call! therefore this wasn't real. As if this had any bearing on the fact that the president himself literally blurted out crimes.

The amount of cognitive dissonance and willful ignorance is stunning but the spin coming from the right is just painful to listen to.

Well, I mean, let's say you're one of the people trying to spin this and you don't have brainworms. What do you do? I mean, it's becoming patently obvious that the President of the United States threatened to withhold military aid from Ukraine if they didn't investigate a political opponent of his. Trump has admitted to talking about Biden on the call, and it's already known that he told Mick Mulvaney to put a hold on the $400 mil we were about to send them.

At this point, if your brain isn't swiss cheese and you're spinning this for Trump, your denials will sound ridiculously stupid.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Looking forward to all my Irish bartender friends illegally overstaying visas in NYC getting deported to ...*checks notes*... San Salvador

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Is it bad that I'm also super happy about her being forthcoming about being on the spectrum? My life experience has been that it's something you hide or play down, her outlook on it is really quite wonderful.

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Well, I mean, let's say you're one of the people trying to spin this and you don't have brainworms. What do you do? I mean, it's becoming patently obvious that the President of the United States threatened to withhold military aid from Ukraine if they didn't investigate a political opponent of his. Trump has admitted to talking about Biden on the call, and it's already known that he told Mick Mulvaney to put a hold on the $400 mil we were about to send them.

At this point, if your brain isn't swiss cheese and you're spinning this for Trump, your denials will sound ridiculously stupid.

Pretty much. There aren't really any good options anymore.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Looking forward to all my Irish bartender friends illegally overstaying visas in NYC getting deported to ...*checks notes*... San Salvador

Somehow, I think they're not the ones ICE will raise a hue and cry over.

But yeah, maybe a quickie Spanish lesson might not be a bad idea.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

British Trump got slapped down in his attempt to put Parliament on recess until a week or two before the Brexit deadline. Their Supreme Court ruled unanimously that this was illegal and is allowing Parliament to go back into session.

https://twitter.com/orlandosentinel/status/1176451654218080258

Boris should've resigned the moment he heard ruling. You know the first order of business is going to be a no-confidence vote.

Second order is going to vote to shitcan Brexit.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Mummy Xzibit posted:

gently caress Bari Weiss.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Young Freud posted:

Boris should've resigned the moment he heard ruling. You know the first order of business is going to be a no-confidence vote.

Actually, they can't no confidence first or he'd already be out.

They have to do a couple of things to make sure that they don't Brexit out before a new election can be held. One of those things may include throwing Johnson into a dungeon.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
Greta is something you couldn't even write as a foil to help display the boorishness and vileness of an entire political movement in a work of fiction. Like the part where people like her and Hogg become targets is... beyond satire.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Yeah there was an awful lot of grasping at straws that I heard until I put my headphones in and tried desperately to ignore it.

Once I was about to get out of the car, they were on about some attack by a bunch of black teens who killed a white dude "reminiscent of that 'knockout game' where black kids would just hit white people". Probably the most blatantly racist bullshit I've ever heard spoken out loud.

I don't know how people exist on a steady diet of this garbage but it's easy to see how it enormously warps your worldview

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Kavros posted:

Greta is something you couldn't even write as a foil to help display the boorishness and vileness of an entire political movement in a work of fiction. Like the part where people like her and Hogg become targets is... beyond satire.

Trump and the GOP have become such outlandish villains that one-dimensional Capt Planet bad guys would be like "Dude, WTF?"

Skeletor would be asking "what the hell is wrong with you?"

That evil slime that killed Yar in TNG would want a shower after interacting with them.

And yet, this is our reality. Welcome to HellWorld.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

you forgot that he also gave them an extra 140 million for some reason after they agreed.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/teamtrace/status/1176243637019119619

The replies are amazing

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Young Freud posted:

your series of events is in no way likely. just straight up wishful thinking.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1176461706006020098

quote:

Biden’s staff acknowledges that he misspoke, repeatedly, in this passage:

He meant to say the plan would double the federal budget, except for interest on the debt, not that it was twice the federal budget.
He meant to say a tax on employers was like a deductible from your paycheck. (The line he used in the last primary debate was: “It’s going to cost you in your pay — there will be a deductible in your paycheck”).
He meant to say the employer tax was 7.5 percent, not “5 percent and 4 percent.”

We understand politicians can misspeak — though Biden seems to do it more often than most — so we won’t be awarding Pinocchios.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Uh huh. Now if he was factually right--hoo boy, there's be Pinocchios. Pinocchios as far as the eye could see...

Lol jk they'd never hurt Bidens feelings

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I am seeing a very big trend of MAGA people saying Thunberg should be spanked.

:wtf:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Alkydere posted:

She's encouraging me to take the management at my workplace to task about environmental stuff and general waste. It's a small thing but working with what I can.
Big ups to you.

:):respek::)

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

This. This right here is why our youth are revolting. Because the “adults” are spineless , hypocritical cowards who defend treason and mock 15 year olds on the spectrum.

I was so inspired over the last few weeks I signed up for, and donated to, The Sunrise movement. That said, I attended one of their webinars and mannnnmn I felt old lol.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Wark Say posted:

As :3: and feel good as that is, the point she’s making with her activism is that we need to do something now, because if we don’t it doesn’t matter that the “kids are alright.” It’s not enough to post on social media about how awesome she is or how you can sleep better at night knowing the next generation could be better people than us. Those are just words. We need action, and we needed it yesterday, but today is all we have so we need to do something today instead of punting it into the future.

Edit: not saying you’re not doing anything or calling you out specifically, but yeah that’s kind of her whole point. She doesn’t want words or thoughts or prayers. She doesn’t want anyone’s condescending “wow she’s amazing and only 16” praises. She wants action.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Sep 24, 2019

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I am seeing a very big trend of MAGA people saying Thunberg should be spanked.

:wtf:

This is a recurring theme and its super creepy and gross and I am not sure if they are all pervs or are just too stupid to realize how creepy they sound.

Although I remember the super weird fetishy poo poo that came out with Hogg so I guess they might just be closet pedophiles.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Boris has a point, we need to all take Greta’s lead.

Over the last year I’ve gotten involved with, joined, donated to..
The Sierra Club
Local affordable housing/YIMBY/Mass Transit Groups
Local DSA Branch
Sunrise Movement

And various local/state candidates doing canvassing, phone banking. Attending climate, housing forums ect

Honestly I feel like a “freelance” leftist because im with so many groups and part of that is my ADHD and autism at play, but it feels good!

If the world is destined to go to poo poo it won’t go without me fighting.

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Strange Poon posted:

Watch the Democrats grow a spine then get real bold only to have Trump die on the shitter.

[Spoiler, Baron Trump shoots Trump with a crossbow on the shitter]

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

cr0y posted:

This is a recurring theme and its super creepy and gross and I am not sure if they are all pervs or are just too stupid to realize how creepy they sound.

Although I remember the super weird fetishy poo poo that came out with Hogg so I guess they might just be closet pedophiles.

they're trying to minimize her words as coming from someone who is more of a child than a teenager, also they are authoritarians and if they can physically batter someone who says or does something they don't like then they will advocate for that. this is one of the reasons folks still hold firm on spanking, because it's one of the few times you're allowed to hit someone repeatedly and not everyone thinks you're a monster for it

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

cr0y posted:

I’m fairly sure in the right wing playbook she’s just out of the range of hitting and now in the range of being hit on, but they confuse sex and violence so much it just comes out as jumbled sick perversion.

These are the people who’ve helped ratchet up our rape and incest stats to where they are right now.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

OAquinas posted:

Trump and the GOP have become such outlandish villains that one-dimensional Capt Planet bad guys would be like "Dude, WTF?"

Skeletor would be asking "what the hell is wrong with you?"

That evil slime that killed Yar in TNG would want a shower after interacting with them.

And yet, this is our reality. Welcome to HellWorld.

YOU'RE TELLING ME YOU'RE LIKE THIS OVER A

HOLD ON

[checks notes]

A SIXTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL

WHO IS, QUOTE, 'ANGRY AT PEOPLE WHO ARE KILLING THE WORLD FOR PROFIT'

YOU'RE LIKE A BUNCH OF WET GHOULS. YOU ABSOLUTE TRUMPIAN MEDIOCRITIES

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

abelwingnut posted:

your series of events is in no way likely. just straight up wishful thinking.

It would be a good idea for Labour to avoid an election until basically there has been no Brexit when Boris promised and then yeah his poll numbers should look different, hammer down. All up in the air right now cos the Tories are really dominant at this exact juncture.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

luxury handset posted:

they're trying to minimize her words as coming from someone who is more of a child than a teenager, also they are authoritarians and if they can physically batter someone who says or does something they don't like then they will advocate for that. this is one of the reasons folks still hold firm on spanking, because it's one of the few times you're allowed to hit someone repeatedly and not everyone thinks you're a monster for it

People who support corporal punishment in schools are monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1176447825166700545