Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I suddenly got the feeling that switching off at the utter clusterfuck of politics for a few months means I've missed a few things that actually matter...?
Nope.

The country is still run by morally bankrupt fuckwits and nobody is going to do anything about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Peacoffee posted:

I’m fairly sure in the right wing playbook she’s just out of the range of hitting and now in the range of being hit on, but they confuse sex and violence so much it just comes out as jumbled sick perversion.

These are the people who’ve helped ratchet up our rape and incest stats to where they are right now.

That doesn't make sense. They're infantilizing her. This isn't 4chan doing what they did with Hogg, the point is to call her a child.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Women4Trump co founder

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmyKremer/status/1176464094750281729

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Anyone who takes Glenn Kessler seriously after repeatedly lying about Sanders’ health care plan is an idiot. The guy is one of the worst things about modern elite media- he thinks he is important because he is ‘keeping score’ and that it also makes him neutral, but he still has an agenda.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

:ironicat:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

theflyingorc posted:

That doesn't make sense. They're infantilizing her. This isn't 4chan doing what they did with Hogg, the point is to call her a child.

I wouldn't trust them to know any boundary line between these things. They infantilize all women.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

I wish the GOP would release a list of the hallucinogenics their membership pounds down every morning before going on Twitter, because I imagine it’s some wild poo poo.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Peacoffee posted:

I wouldn't trust them to know any boundary line between these things.

Oh word?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Boris Galerkin posted:

As :3: and feel good as that is, the point she’s making with her activism is that we need to do something now, because if we don’t it doesn’t matter that the “kids are alright.” It’s not enough to post on social media about how awesome she is or how you can sleep better at night knowing the next generation could be better people than us. Those are just words. We need action, and we needed it yesterday, but today is all we have so we need to do something today instead of punting it into the future.

Edit: not saying you’re not doing anything or calling you out specifically, but yeah that’s kind of her whole point. She doesn’t want words or thoughts or prayers. She doesn’t want anyone’s condescending “wow she’s amazing and only 16” praises. She wants action.
No, I totally understand. I can't unfortunately do much, but I do help with what little I can.

It's more that, I dunno, like it feels good (and also pretty funny, too) when someone like Bernie straight up says Trump is a madman in dereliction of his duties or Chrissy Teigen calls Trump the petty bitch or whatever she called him, because he totally is: This fuckbag is sitting in the highest office in the land and can't even pretend to stay out of his comfort bubble for one loving hour. But when Greta basically handles Trump and his base's insults like a loving champ, it's really, really hard not to want to feel hopeful to look at young peeps like her, Emma González, the Hogg and such make you feel like "Yeah, we can totally do this".

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

cr0y posted:

This is a recurring theme and its super creepy and gross and I am not sure if they are all pervs or are just too stupid to realize how creepy they sound.

Although I remember the super weird fetishy poo poo that came out with Hogg so I guess they might just be closet pedophiles.

And like, the rest of “the west” have come to the conclusion that spanking children is harmful, has lasting (negative) impacts, and is no better if not worse than other methods of punishment/reward.

But say that spanking children is bad on any right wing shitsite (like reddit) and you will be called dumb and stupid and be met with the rage and anger normally given to bicyclists, and given thousands of anecdotes about how they are totally fine despite daddy breaking their legs for stealing a cookie from the cookie jar.

So these people saying she needs to be spanked are literally advocating for something that doesn’t even happen where she comes from.

Edit: Which is amazing to think about because these same shitheads are always talking about how we need to follow the law of the land or to not impose stuff like “”””sharia law”””” on people but they turn around and do the same thing wanting to impose arcane punishment like torture (read: solitary confinement) and spanking children on other peoples, not to mention wanting to be ruled by gods laws whatever that is.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Sep 24, 2019

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Do you have some kind of problem with me that compels you to keep clawing?

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
I mean, it does come off a little bit pandering to claim that physically threatening a child over their political beliefs is a bridge too far after agreeing that other kid had a "punchable face".

At the very least there was no, like, outcry from the left about that rhetoric back then.

Edit - obviously both are lovely and wrong

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
https://twitter.com/madanboukman/status/1176284016238108677?s=20

Haitians are pretty dang tired of the foreigners who have only ruined their lives and impoverished them further.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Ripoff posted:

I wish the GOP would release a list of the hallucinogenics their membership pounds down every morning before going on Twitter, because I imagine it’s some wild poo poo.

It's just a mix of grey market amphetamines and Brain Force Paleo Ultra.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Nope.

The country is still run by morally bankrupt fuckwits and nobody is going to do anything about it.

Don’t equate the rest of us activists with the Democrats in congress please.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Wark Say posted:

No, I totally understand. I can't unfortunately do much, but I do help with what little I can.

It's more that, I dunno, like it feels good (and also pretty funny, too) when someone like Bernie straight up says Trump is a madman in dereliction of his duties or Chrissy Teigen calls Trump the petty bitch or whatever she called him, because he totally is: This fuckbag is sitting in the highest office in the land and can't even pretend to stay out of his comfort bubble for one loving hour. But when Greta basically handles Trump and his base's insults like a loving champ, it's really, really hard not to want to feel hopeful to look at young peeps like her, Emma González, the Hogg and such make you feel like "Yeah, we can totally do this".

Something that you, and most people, can do right now is to stop eating meat. That alone is probably the biggest most impactful thing any of us without money or power can do.

Stopping is maybe asking too much though for most people, so the next best thing is to eat less meat.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Peacoffee posted:

Do you have some kind of problem with me that compels you to keep clawing?

The context of what they're saying is exceedingly obvious, turning it into an accusation of pedophilia is dumb, words mean different things in different contexts

Openly supporting pedo poo poo is like the only thing that gets you tossed out of the right wing griftosphere, Senators aren't doing it jfc

TheDisreputableDog posted:

I mean, it does come off a little bit pandering to claim that physically threatening a child over their political beliefs is a bridge too far after agreeing that other kid had a "punchable face".

At the very least there was no, like, outcry from the left about that rhetoric back then.

Edit - obviously both are lovely and wrong
Can the Nazi shutup, please?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/Matthew_Shadle/status/1176476040211906562

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

Something that you, and most people, can do right now is to stop eating meat. That alone is probably the biggest most impactful thing any of us without money or power can do.

Stopping is maybe asking too much though for most people, so the next best thing is to eat less meat.

This and taking public transit to work/school every day are definitely the biggest things most people can do. Even if it's not possible for everybody every day, changing the default food and transportation modes away from the most wasteful methods is huge.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Rudy's gonna end up in a car trunk at the bottom of the Hudson.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

theflyingorc posted:

The context of what they're saying is exceedingly obvious, turning it into an accusation of pedophilia is dumb, words mean different things in different contexts

Openly supporting pedo poo poo is like the only thing that gets you tossed out of the right wing griftosphere, Senators aren't doing it jfc

If you want to argue that point you can do it alone because I'm not interested in whatever correction you feel needs to be made. Sorry for the offense I caused.

NewMars posted:

he could also end up there because he decided to take a quick nap in the back seat to sleep off whatever he got sloshed on before his most recent CNN interview and forgot his parking brake.

Peacoffee fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Sep 24, 2019

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/madanboukman/status/1176284016238108677?s=20

Haitians are pretty dang tired of the foreigners who have only ruined their lives and impoverished them further.

This owns so much

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Pelosi should start an internet forum to fund her spine

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

NewMars posted:

If we're lucky.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Boris Galerkin posted:

Heck yes! We may not be responsible for most of humanity's impact on the climate, but we can still do our part to help out every day.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Who the gently caress is Gretchen Thurnburg?

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

That's hardly a gotcha or some impressive ratio. Slightly more people responded than liked the tweet? Oh wow she's taking a beating.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Someone said it earlier somewhere else but having the audience clap and applaud as she promised to bring great vengeance to them if they failed was a pretty good encapsulation of the problem. Same earlier poster said everyone in that room thought they were the exception.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Strange Poon posted:

If we're lucky.
If we're lucky Schumer will be in there with him.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Roblo posted:

That's hardly a gotcha or some impressive ratio. Slightly more people responded than liked the tweet? Oh wow she's taking a beating.

California's not awake yet.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Nonsense posted:

California's not awake yet.

Sunlight slowly peaks over the range of light, sierra ravines and passes flowing with the golden glow of tweets from the east.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Roblo posted:

you seem like a fun person

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

eke out posted:

you seem like a fun person

Don't get me wrong I love a decent ratio as much as the next person. But nearly just as many people liked that ridiculously stupid comment as commented on it. And given some comments were positive, that's hardly like the internet has come together to mock her is it?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

According to the Bible and Jesus, hypocrisy is the worst behavior a human can exhibit and is unforgivable in the eyes of God.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Boris Galerkin posted:

As :3: and feel good as that is, the point she’s making with her activism is that we need to do something now, because if we don’t it doesn’t matter that the “kids are alright.” It’s not enough to post on social media about how awesome she is or how you can sleep better at night knowing the next generation could be better people than us. Those are just words. We need action, and we needed it yesterday, but today is all we have so we need to do something today instead of punting it into the future.

Edit: not saying you’re not doing anything or calling you out specifically, but yeah that’s kind of her whole point. She doesn’t want words or thoughts or prayers. She doesn’t want anyone’s condescending “wow she’s amazing and only 16” praises. She wants action.

Yeah, this is a really good post.

The thing about Greta Thunberg is that too many people are interpreting her activism as a cute kid who cares about the environment and not as a kid who is literally begging us to let her generation have a future. She's being mocked by the right because they're all spiteful, empty bags of hate, but it's also because they implicitly recognize that she's part of a very angry youth that is going to hold them accountable.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1176478715800367104
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1176491109805121536

maggie starting to do that thing where she not-so-subtly says things people are telling her on background

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1176478715800367104
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1176491109805121536

maggie starting to do that thing where she not-so-subtly says things people are telling her on background

I am hoping I am wrong but Jesus pelosi. This is one those moments you west wing assholes wait for and you still may piss it away.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Sep 24, 2019

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I already said this but I'll repeat; this is them shifting blame to Pompeo, and he's going to be their fall guy.

Whether or not he understands that, well

Trump turns on everyone eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I am hoping I am wrong but Jesus pelosi. This is one that f those moments you west wing assholes wait for and you still may piss it away.

Isn't there a meeting scheduled for this afternoon? I can't imagine she'd say anything before that.