Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
If the democrats are too craven to impeach they aren't going to keep the left. There's no constituency for that poo poo, only people trying to hold the line, that doesn't motivate anyone. Hold to some loving principals.

Also law is just "the algorithm" for humanities types.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

LegendaryFrog posted:

Evergreen post: America is hoping House Democrats find their spine today and move forward with impeaching the President for [list of all the criminal and ethics violations from this administration].

Too real.

Buffer
May 6, 2007

Lycus posted:

But really, is there actually a point to McConnell doing this? Just have the trial and have the Republicans vote to acquit. Unless McConnell expects a mass defection.

He's likely commited crimes himself and wants to paint the whole thing as partisan as a defense - it's a pretty classic GOP move.

Buffer
May 6, 2007

bornbytheriver posted:

Don't kid yourself. None of his base really gives a poo poo about church/faith.

They absolutely do. Their church communities are important - hence, which Church do you go to? These are real communities, just of generally awful people - hence why it also happens to be one weird trick to get the government to bless your bigotry and doesn't generally have a heck of a lot to do with Christianity.

It's a kinda natural outcome to giving deference to religion, religion gets mixed up in politics as a way to rubber stamp otherwise abhorrent views.

Buffer
May 6, 2007
The issue people have with stuff like Katie Hill is fundamentally that conservatives aren't held accountable for the things they do and say. They get to hold positions of power, teach and groom kids, etc.

It's frustrating to see someone get taken down by relatively mild bad behavior while the media tut tuts people booing the president(whose crimes include sex crimes) and chanting to lock him up.

She absolutely should've resigned. Worse is tolerated from the right every day, and worse is on the supreme court and in the office of the president.

Buffer
May 6, 2007
The comparisons here are literal no-poo poo rape, probably of children, murder, and then a whole heck of a lot of moral failings done under color of law though. You shouldn't rank suffering though, so I'll apologize for the mild comment and this one.

evilweasel posted:

yeah but given that we're pushing to hold them accountable, why would we stop holding our own accountable

We shouldn't. That's just where it comes from.

Holding conservatism accountable means its destruction at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buffer
May 6, 2007

Acute Grill posted:

Bill Barr managed to fly under my radar until relatively recently but holy poo poo how did this stupid motherfucker rise as high as he did? How has this country managed to function (for a certain definition of the term) this long in spite of these assholes?

He's probably not completely stupid at legal reasoning. He's a manager who lacks scruples, has a hosed moral compass, and is part of a tribe that consider this presidency to be Gabriel over the White House, and think that's a good thing.

The pool here wasn't deep, the bar for a lot of things isn't nearly as high as you seem think, and hiring criteria are only rarely what we wish they were and never what we''d dream them to be.

* - I mean, I can't judge, but I have to assume. Legal gatekeeping and the senate confirmation process may be a joke, but they both can't be that bad.