Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

bird cooch posted:

Bud Dwyer? I don't remember the spelling

We don't deserve that catharsis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

mod sassinator posted:

We can dream Trump goes to 5th avenue with a pair of dueling pistols and openly challenges Pelosi to a duel to end the witchhunt for good. Pelosi accepts and as they square off and take 10 steps away a predator drone strike nails Trump with laser precision. Hillary Clinton, watching from a balcony above, clicks on her walkie talkie to say, 'Got him.'

Immediately after, the piss tape is broadcast on every screen in Times Square

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

quote:

whenever a political party is invested, like the Democratic Party is, in things that God hates, they’re headed for destruction

List of things God evidently does not hate:

Cheating on your spouse
Demonization of immigrants
Lust for immigrant death
Separating children from their parents

twice burned ice fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 25, 2019

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Paradoxish posted:

But it's not perfect. This is what I'm still not understanding. What could possibly be on the original transcript? The transcript we got is wildly damning. It is the smoking gun.

It's helpful to assume that everyone left in the administration is really, really, unbelievably stupid.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I work at Hyundai and they air literal anti-UAW propaganda in the lunchroom talking about how big the "chalets" are of the union bosses. poo poo's wild.

Oooh neat! Maybe they'll post photos of the Hyundai execs' homes next!

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

The Pussy Boss posted:

Hunter Biden receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars from a Ukrainian company while his dad was leading diplomatic negotiations with that country is very shady, and it's not whataboutism or defending Donald Trump to point that out.

You've lost the plot. No one gives a gently caress if this sinks Biden.

Furthermore, Joe could have been trying to cover for his son's coke-fueled hooker murder spree and it wouldn't make what Trump has done any less illegal.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Lol at this probe.

It's true. Nobody really gave a poo poo about Russia because foreign governments have been interfering in our elections for centuries. The people most worried about it were the ones that wanted it to be bad for Donald Trump.

Nobody really gives a poo poo about our NATIONAL SECURITY and it's integrity when we deny aid money to the Ukraine. If they did the people trying to talk about Joe Biden doing the exact same thing even closer to the Crimea conflict wouldn't be ran out of this thread or also probated.

It's okay to be hypocrites that just want something to be bad for Donald Trump but at least be honest about it. It's extremely weird for a leftist forum to now pretend to care about national security harder than the warhawkinist conservatives because Donald Trump threatened it.

I don't think it will matter to the 30 people this offends or the mod that probates me but I extremely agree with all of you that we should investigate every molecule of this situation. Subpoena everything and drag everyone in front of the House. Approve impeachment in the house and let the senate shoot itself in the foot. The problem comes when I want all the criminal actions addressed because you guys can't handle attention being taken away from Trump because you hate him the most and don't actually care about the law or fixing these problems, just hurting him personally.

Just :lol: at the :smug: in this post.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Did you really just describe Pence as competent

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Keep wagging the dog, fuckstick.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Which is still illegal, and she doesn't have enough friends left to win that argument if she ends up in the wrong side of a bunch of disgruntled CHUD congressmen. Half of her own caucus loving hates her, and the other half would gladly slide the knife in for a chance at her job.

Pelosi is beyond useless, but what exactly has she done that's illegal? Any specific allegations?

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Ice Phisherman posted:

I don't really care if she's not doing anything illegal. What I care about is that it took someone from the CIA to pull the trigger on this rather than her doing her loving job and launching impeachment inquiries for Trump's many, MANY crimes in office and out.

If she can't do her job she shouldn't be speaker. If she has to be dragged and shamed into doing her job she shouldn't be speaker. She's literally a Reagan democrat and needs to gently caress off forever.

Yeah, I wasn't advocating for her. I was asking the person making the claim that she's doing illegal things to provide evidence thereof.

Thanks for the unsolicited 'gently caress Pelosi' screed though.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

teacup posted:

Is there a good post summary or link summary to all of this?

I get the broad strokes of trump trying to restrict aid for Ukraine helping manufacture dirt on Biden, but this has moved so fast I don’t really follow a lot of the Rudy / state dept involvement and the “cover up” aspect of it.

Honestly, just read the whistle-blower complaint. It's only about 8 pages and lays out all of the impropriety clearly and succinctly.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Just ignoring the evidence of her insider trading? lol

Your bias toward the incompetent morons that are the D establishment is pretty pathetic.

What evidence? Please show your work.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

mcmagic posted:

I don't get why anyone would defend Pelosi. What the gently caress is her track record of accomplishment that you want to defend? Even if you want to give her credit for the ACA, that was a decade ago! Her political track record in the Obama and Trump era's is heinous. Forget about her poo poo politics, just as a political leading of a parliamentary party she is an utter failure.

Yes she's a terrible politician and a worse speaker.

Asking you to support your claims about her illegal corruption isn't defending her, idiot.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

mcmagic posted:

I posted the 60 Minutes piece I was talking about. Not my issue if you didn't click the link.

That article doesn't support your claim. Jesus gently caress, you smug moron.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

CrowdControl posted:

I'm just going by this standard definition.

If Joe Biden didn't get his son that job its not nepotism. Nepotism would require some action on Joe's part. It's not an ethical failing for Hunter to take the seat, and it's not an ethical failing for Joe Biden to be influential enough that others attempt to make themselves allies rather than enemies.

Someone play Taps for this poor mother fucker

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1177656074285064194

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Rabble posted:

I wonder if Volkner is the whistleblower.

The whistleblower is CIA, so nope

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Lmao, this is loving stupid. The defenses are getting more and more desperate.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I know, that is where my hypothetical sweep comes in

Constitutional reform requires 3/4 of states, so good loving luck with that

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Rabble posted:

My favorite part of this bullshit is that under the clothes line item it says "(Old Navy not Gucci)" as if somehow burning through almost a quarter million in post-tax dollars is a huge sacrifice because they're shopping at Old Navy.

Dude, they can't even afford to go out of town for all three of their week-long vacations. Cut them some slack.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

First I gotta deal with vape clouds outside of every bar and now I've got to deal with vape clowns on every page of this thread

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

And all of the rest of us

I know it's gonna piss of Trump's 20-30yo terminally-online #gamers, but this sucks for everyone

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

haveblue posted:

Miller has been one of the most successful at enacting a horrifying agenda while keeping his head down. The concentration camps and ICE slipping its leash are both on him and both will take a very, very long time to unfuck. He'll be a right-wing media superstar for decades and we're going to have to keep hearing and responding to him.

That's assuming whoever he's a painting of doesn't rip him up in a fit of conscience.

I'm okay with keeping Guantanamo for the sole purpose of housing Steven Miller for the rest of his unnatural life.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

eke out posted:

dude i would be so excited if we get some concurrent impeachment inquiries going into Pompeo and Barr

let's do a first-time-in-US-history simultaneous impeachments

The refusal to comply with lawful congressional subpoenas is itself impeachable.

Jail the motherfuckers, then impeach them.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

fool_of_sound posted:

As an idiot king, stop

what the gently caress mods aren't supposed to be clever

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Trump has a joint conference with the PM of Finland later this afternoon. Can't wait for him to take questions.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

ok? gently caress them? Pelosi is still speaker and is clearly dragging her feet on even letting this get started in the proper part of the house and that's what I'm bothered by?

Specifically, what vote does Nancy need to schedule to please you? Please be clear and explicit.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My thrice-stroked grandmother with moderate dementia is more coherent than this man

twice burned ice fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 2, 2019

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Gortarius posted:

When is the Age of Grift going to end?

When we're all dead from climate change related causes

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

he's also making GBS threads on the Ukraine while saying he loves them in typical Trump style, I'm sure his bff in charge there is thrilled

Stop saying 'the ukraine'

You've been told about the sinister implications more than once and yet you keep doing it

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

what the gently caress?

“Ukraine is a country,” says William Taylor, who served as the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine from 2006 to 2009. “The Ukraine is the way the Russians referred to that part of the country during Soviet times … Now that it is a country, a nation, and a recognized state, it is just Ukraine. And it is incorrect to refer to the Ukraine, even though a lot of people do it.”

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

It's rude to include "the" at the start, he really overreacted, but he's right that you should stop saying it

sexpig by night posted:

ok, cool you randomly tried to make it sound like I had some crypto-soviet 'sinister' agenda there, my bad

sexpig is an arrogant jackass who can't handle being talked to the same way he talks to other people, color me loving shocked

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

I just want to point out that Marcy Wheeler nailed this within minutes

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1179513886405484545

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Hi, can somebody give me a tldr on the Trump / Ukraine / Biden / Hunter Biden thing?

Like how is Hunter Biden corrupt / what did he do? I know he’s creepy and weird but I’m not sure what he explicitly did that was corrupt or illegal.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/30/opinion/trump-ukraine-republican.html

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Delthalaz posted:

What the hell is “The Villages”?

You know, if you google the exact text of your post, the answer to your question is in the top result.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

quote:

It’s not the police, but the people they stop, who can prevent a detention from turning into a tragedy.

Love the admission that cops are incapable of not shooting people who disrespect them.

Here's the article if you'd like to read the whole thing

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

You're parsing that wrong. The horse hosed Pence.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

I'll never get over Mitch's chin trying desperately to escape the rest of his face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah the problem with Syria is that it was suffering from a critical lack of US ordinance falling from the sky.

Some more humanitarian bombings and it would be a success story like Libya.

Successful defined from the point of view of slave market operators of course

DAE hate US imperialism SO much? Those Kurds can just get genocided . :smug:

Go gently caress yourself