Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Wark Say posted:

The kids are alright. gently caress yeah they are. :3:

Yeah that gave me good chills. I'm so proud of that drat girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Oh okay it wasn't like I had to get anything done all day.

Goddamnit :f5:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

DandyLion posted:

You can bet your sweet rear end she is going to piss it away. Trump will win a third term before Pelosi moves for impeachment.

Read the room, my dude/dudette.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

theflyingorc posted:

You're correct, I was just responding to the "each and every one" part of it, but nobody in purple or blue states wants to make the vote - Cory Gardner and Susan Collins are likely terrified of it.

Collins can rest easy because she's getting booted the next time she's up, anyway.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

This might be something a lot of you would hate, but....

I think the impeachment should have its own thread if not it's own subforum.

Arist posted:

I don't want to get my hopes up just for them to be dashed on the rocks, but it seems like it really might be. Fuckin' A.

It's happening. I'm playing Raining Blood at simply unacceptable volume in celebration.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Oh loving word???

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Lmao I just realized Mitt is gonna have to vote to acquit, I am deceased

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’m just worried that the public is too stupid to treat obstruction with the seriousness it deserves if there wasn’t a worse underlying crime in flashing neon lights.

I could not possibly give less of a gently caress what the public thinks. I just want to see the mycrimes.txt

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Midgetskydiver posted:

Can't McConnell just sit on anything and not even have to have a vote?

This is one of the known-unknowns. Some lawgoons say yes, some say no, the real answer is that we are in the "here be dragons" part of the map

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

I wonder if any republicans get hall passes on this one.

17 of 'em.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

evilweasel posted:

if i had to bet, i would bet that he instead immediately moves it to a vote and doesn't let the senate debate the impeachment at all, rather than just refusing to do anything

however, there is one constitutional quirk that i have not seen discussed anywhere (doesn't mean it hasn't, I just have not seen it): under the constitution, during an impeachment trial, mitch may not be in charge

now, that means that Justice Roberts replaces Pence as presiding officer of the Senate (rather than Mitch, who is not an officer identified by the Constitution) but i wonder to what extent that means that Justice Roberts is now in charge of how the trial happens

Mitch: we want to adjourn for a week!

House: we don't want to adjourn!

Mitch: oh no we are now in disagreement as to when to adjourn, let me check my pocket constitution to see who can resolve this...oh look at this!

Trump: hay why don't you guys just adjourn until the year 2030

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Ringo Star Get posted:

If Trump suddenly resigns and then books it out of the country I wouldn’t be half surprised. He stopped at Trump Tower to grab some briefcases of cash, a fake mustache/eyeglass combo, and new IDs so that his name is Tonald Drump.

Yes I'm sure he will do a thing that his personality disorders won't even allow him to conceive of

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

evilweasel posted:

i can't resist actual impeachment

You know what, nothing might matter, but by god something is happening

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

CuddleCryptid posted:

"What does this accomplish if the Senate won't convict?" is the best question the pool can come up with?

It's a planted question because it absolutely matters that Dems come out saying "we have to shine the light on crimes even if the senate won't convict"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

The only good part about bootlickers is eventually they become just another stomped face.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

MSNBC just reported that Trump called Pelosi today and asked if they could "work something out" with the ukraine thing.

Pelosi apparently said "yeah tell your people to stop breaking the law."

Lol throw another OOJ on the pile

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Mahoning posted:

Oh yeah. They’re not gonna leave anything off the table. I’m guessing they’ll vote on at least 10 different charges.

I'm gonna guess...15. And that's only because I think they'll leave some things out or combine them together.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

He was in the hospital and definitely had an extended absence from the national scene. Something happened.

Yeah but he'd already been a drunk and an rear end in a top hat, even according to the ex-wife.

TBI didn't make it better because that's not what TBI do.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Herstory Begins Now posted:

It's just so hard to spin 'the president used 550 million dollars of foreign aid as a bribe for sabotaging his opponent. He and his lawyer have already admitted to it and apparently there are tapes and transcripts.'

Not hard to spin. Just don't say any of that and talk about how Biden is corrupt. Their viewers don't have other sources of information.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Today every single american work place, barbershop, bar, etc. will probably talk about the impeachment getting started. I feel like that requires something better than just burying their heads in the sand as a messaging strategy

Well I didn't say it was a good strategy. But it's the only one they grok.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Yeah the actual transcript, if one exists, doesn't matter anymore.

Just lmaoing helplessly at everything.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Arglebargle III posted:

I read through it and Trump doesn't mention anyone by name except Barr and Giuliani. Can someone show me where the incriminating parts are?

Seriously brah?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Tori Q. Symonds, what a name. Also she's probably going to be fine because everyone in there is worried about other stuff right now.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Shifty Pony posted:

I dunno, I feel like somewhere along the last six months or year I've completely lost any presumption of neutrality with Maggie since even her articles saying the Trump admin lied or did something wrong have a very odd glass half full feel to them.

Almost feels like she made her bones as a reporter for some rag like the NY Post and then her access to Trump became important enough for her to get paid more to do the same poo poo.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So when Congress gets the whistle blower report at 4 how long until the leaks start?

Just as fast as Lil Adam Schiff's legs can get him outside. If I were him I'd just read the drat thing out loud to the press. They gonna arrest me?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

ummel posted:

This makes it all the more obvious how bad Trump would have been if a real crisis hit. He just loving cracks under pressure.

It's not even pressure. He just cracks and spills and oozes and you don't even have to do anything to him.

He has spent his whole life loving himself over. It would be sad if it were literally anyone else.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

eviltastic posted:

...Zelensky couldn't have been dumb enough to think that's actually how the transcript release would go, right? That's some weak damage control.

He probably didn't expect presidential conversations to ever need to be published because he thought he was talking to a human instead of a sentient colostomy bag.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Data Graham posted:

You met me at a very strange time in my life

I have said this line and meant it, on two different occasions and each time it snagged me a girlfriend.

I don't know what that says about me, or about them, or about anything.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

evilweasel posted:

there's a law laying out the specific procedure to resign and iirc it requires delivering a written letter to a specific person

Speaker of the House, ain't it?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

evilweasel posted:

i thought it was the secretary of state, and googling it nixon addressed his resignation letter to Henry Kissinger, so I'm going to guess that means I'm remembering correctly

Ah poo poo yer right.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

If he dies I will be so fuckin mad

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

drilldo squirt posted:

Can someone explain why this one thing mattered when everything else didn't?

Actually I can!

This is what we call the fracture point. Stress and strain go nicely along, behaving linearly, and then fuckin WHOP

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

You know, I hope that somebody uses the inquiry to get that drat GJ info from the Mueller report.

Even though when I say that, I think to myself "wasn't that five years ago?"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

So let it be concretely damning. Only fucks over Lindsey Graham more and more as he continues to lick.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Doesn't count if you're not under oath.

I mean that's what they will say.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Luv 2 get in an existential battle with....*squints at notes*....the CIA

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Jesus loving Christ on a jet-ski, they've been doing it for years. I am completely buffaloed.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

who NYT or trump hiding poo poo on a server?

The transcripts on the server. Can you even? Because I can't.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i can. they found a place to bury trumps gently caress ups and after mueller assumed no one would care.

They've been doing it since 2017!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Hobo Clown posted:

I often think about the eventual movie that will come out of this. How do you tell this story in 2-3 hours? Where does the script even start?

They're gonna have to fashion entire year-long courses in university about this four-year period. Entire bookshelves will be written by Robert Caro. The HBO miniseries will run for 20 seasons.