Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

cr0y posted:

So this isnt a joke, does anyone else have a "he looks like hes on LSD or psilocybin" vibe? I cant put my finger on it but jesus the main players in this thing have this general detached from reality vibe that is really sketching me out.

Ya i know they are all just stupid but jesus.

Maybe we could make this an HBO dark comedy series. Old senile man on LSD thinks he's president, but then — plot twist — he actually is the president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s averaged like 4 hours of sleep a night for the past 3 years.

This might be my imagination, but I remember him bragging years ago about how he only sleeps 6 hours a night and that sleep is for losers.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

While I'm not optimistic about the global economy, I imagine a good chunk of Qatar's economic woes is from the economic blockade they're under.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

Mantis42 posted:

take the china pill and accept comrade xi as the last hope for civilization

He goes by Papa Xi these days.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

Riptor posted:

I mean, I don't disagree with the thesis that this is hugely sexist but this person is forgetting that an expensive haircut was famously a big attack story against John Edwards in the 2008 primaries

Somewhat understandable in his case since his haircut looks like Lego hair and is indistinguishable from every other generic white dude haircut that can be had for $12.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug
Someone posted this verse from Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds in this thread. It was stuck in my head and causing me to laugh in meetings for the last few days, so I decided to complete it.

Picture yourself in an oval-shaped office
With tangerine skin and marshmallow thighs
You pick up the phone, someone answers quite swiftly
And brings you some burgers and fries

Golden rain showers from platinum-blonde teens
Outpouring over your bed
Think of the girl with Ivan in her name
And you come

Donnie in Moscow with crimes
Ah

Follow him down to a golf course in Florida
Where GOP nazis fellate Russian spies
Everyone smiles at your grift superpowers
That ensure a Kurdish demise

New York Times op-eds appear and are sure
You became POTUS today
Read from the notes without making GBS threads your pants
And they fawn

Ah

Picture yourself in a Fox TV station
Where wonder bread boomers tweet Markov chain lies
Suddenly someone is there dropping freestyles
The mayor with another surprise

Rudy in Moscow with crimes

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

Cable Guy posted:

Can I uh... steal this (with accreditation of course)?

Yes, by all means!

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

It’s a Straussian comment on the electoral college. Support and enthusiasm is not related to people but to an unpopulated swath of land drowning in chemicals.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

No way that is a real person on the bottom right. They just took that little mutant version of Marlon Brando from the set of the Island of Dr. Moreau and slapped a Republican wig on it.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

yronic heroism posted:

Idea for Amazon Prime political drama: A Washington frat house but for incels.

Pretty sure there are a couple of frats at Georgetown that could make this a reality TV show

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug
I saw Manhattan last night, and this scene is further proof that the NYT has always been the way it is. (Yes, I know Woody Allen is a monster.)

https://youtu.be/BCb2Le3wtIk

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

oxsnard posted:

I'm fully convinced that whether Trump goes out via impeachment or losing in 2020, we're going to see violence from the Cliven Bundy types and the Nazis. Trump will encourage it as well. The question to me is if it becomes a fringe thing (five percent) or more mainstream. I fear the latter

Five percent of the US is sixteen million people. That would be a little more than fringe.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

Phobic Nest posted:

I think their delusion is less Weekend at Bernie's and more Dave.

But man, imagine the task of finding a believable body double to impersonate Trump. Like, there are good enough actors to fill the role but getting someone to look just like him in those sweaty, you can see the pores shots... :stonk:

What's Peter Jackson doing these days?

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

Probably.
My father died this year of heart failure.
Trump is 72, eats garbage, obese, and lazy as gently caress. If he is just now getting a little chest pain then he really squandered some good genes. He could have been ruining our lives into his 90's if had taken care of himself.

He doesn't smoke or drink, though maybe he abuses other drugs. As lazy as he is, his lifestyle is probably more active than many people his age. He also has constant access to the best medical support in the world. Finally, he's powered by hatred, and if hatred can keep the literally heartless Dick Cheney alive for as long as it has, then it can keep alive the semi-sentient glob of trans fat Donald Trump.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

Prester Jane posted:

What a big rig driver is doing most of the time is constantly using their size/intimidating prescience to manipulate and shape traffic around them so that they always have at least one avenue of escape should they need it, doing this successfully involves a deep understanding of human psychology when traveling as a herd.

Seems more like they're spending most of their time riding my rear end or boxing me in with other trucks. I suppose it still involves a deep understanding of human psychology in order to maximally terrify and piss people off.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

Ice Phisherman posted:

I remember having a conversation about this a few days ago. It was with a nurse who worked for twenty years taking care of patients so I take her pretty seriously. She said that Trump's behavior with being unable to recall words reminded her strongly of aphasia or maybe dysphasia, which is a more moderate version of aphasia. Aphasia is described as "the loss of ability to understand or express speech, caused by brain damage."

While I wouldn't be surprised if Trump is experiencing some form of brain degeneration, I also wonder how much of it is related to him being totally out of his depth and unprepared for everything. Yes, some of it reminds me of old uncle Leo who's losing his marbles. But it equally reminds me of some dipshit who stumbles into a meeting, zones out, gets put on the spot, and starts making GBS threads himself and spouting off incomprehensible garbage.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

Zwabu posted:

Given that Trump has tried to play it both ways "I'm with Hong Kong but ALSO with President Xi!" it wouldn't surprise me if this was a photoshop, especially considering the source.

There have been a handful of nutters waving UK or US flags or Trump signs at every HK protest since the beginning of the protests earlier this year. They always attract a lot of attention on account of being ridiculous, but they don’t seem very representative and are about like Lyndon LaRouche people hanging outside a protest in the US.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

SchrodingersCat posted:

Personally, I'd rather have a playful, weird, creepy-Uncle President than President Worms-For-Brains. These are the choices we get to make in Hellworld.

I don't think it's really an either/or choice in the case of Biden.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug

Tibalt posted:

I still think Trump will serve out his term but he's consistently mishandled things.
That's, uh, quite the understatement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

Pillbug
USPOL: The Lyin’ in Winter