Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

All this needs is multiplayer and it can be the rear end in a top hat wizard successor to Liero I've always dreamed of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

TNT is a money maker. 16 shots and explosions count as accidents = double money, quadruple with a perk.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

goferchan posted:

ohhh do enemies drop double money if they die from something other than direct wand damage? good to know

Yeah, and quadruple with the trick greed perk.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

MuffinsAndPie posted:

Man, the acid trail modifier is POTENT

Acid in general does not gently caress around.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Twice now I've found a completely ridiculous wand in a chest just outside the dungeon at the start. First time it had a bunch of tnt and a triple shot, this time it has 7 large fireballs that it casts 2 at a time

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

IronicDongz posted:

As soon as you find any kind of flask you can drain it, then fill it with water(or pheremones, berserkium, whatever) and then whenever you step in a bit of sludge you can just right click spray yourself clean with water

Better yet, spray the water in the sludge.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Eopia posted:

How do you fill up empty flasks?

Select flask, jump in liquid

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Today I learned that bubble spark is a powerful digging tool, especially with homing. The little pop at the end can even dig brickwork.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Clark Nova posted:

I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that I'm not a clever enough witch to ever use the explosion of lightning spell without blowing myself up

stick it after <insert projectile spell here> with trigger on a non-shuffle wand.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Glass cannon is silly
:torgue:

:torgue:

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Oct 12, 2019

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I was bootleg Thor, god of white lightning

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Bad Munki posted:

Is there a NOP spell? A bunch of those on a shuffle wand with a single nuke could make the roulette thing real.

I don't know why anyone would want this but that's irrelevant.

That spell that makes a single pixel of water is pretty close.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Hamelekim posted:

So I went digging just now and found this on the far right side of the map in a cave with ??? as the name.

It auto fires every 1 or 2 seconds and never stops. It also blew me up about 5 seconds after the screenshot was taken.

Better shot of it in action.

There are several of those. They do things if you gather them up and take them to the moon. Bonus points if you bring the macguffin with you

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I am 100% not regretting using the no-angry-gods mod.

That said, what'd you use to kill the guardian?

When you're that deep he's really not that tough.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/Isse7L7.mp4

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/QBFojyv.mp4

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

This wand is the god emperor of lagkind

https://i.imgur.com/JHdM9TY.mp4

e: was. it crashed the game a couple shots later.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Nov 3, 2019

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

TIL that exploding shots stacks with itself and existing explosions

https://i.imgur.com/U13VCkP.mp4

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

CodfishCartographer posted:

Is there a mod that more effectively prevents worms from angering the gods? I've had a few fairly promising runs ruined by it recently. Or maybe a mod that turns off the mechanic all together? If I wanted to exploit I could save scum, I'm not going to purposefully use black holes to be able to return to the holy mountain or anything like that.

Actually speaking of save scum, maybe whenever I see the "you have angered the gods" message I should just savescum to try and get passed God.

There's a mod that turns off angering the gods entirely https://modworkshop.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=25801

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Nov 29, 2019

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

jaete posted:

Second wand, went with some damage stuff instead of bombs

In action

https://i.imgur.com/uJYeYHe.mp4

Yeah, these fireball throwers don't feel very... safe

Fireball thrower is a lot weaker than you'd think

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

TeaJay posted:

Are the notes like individual spells you have to find separately? Or will there be a wand that has all of them loaded? Apparently you can do all sorts of interesting stuff with them, haven't run into any of them yet.

You find the notes and a wand to use them with all at once but the clue to how you actually do anything but make noise with them is somewhere else entirely.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

This is either the best idea or the worst idea. Not sure which.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Well that ended predictably

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

got real excited when I found a triple cast wand that always casts increase mana but it looks like that only casts once per shot

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I have become the worm

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

lurksion posted:

So apparently 1.0 is out sometime today.

In about an hour and a half

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

looks like starts are randomized now. I got a single bouncing burst in wand 1, firebolt in the bomb wand, and a blood flask.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Randomized starts were an option for quite awhile, dunno if they're the only option now though.

I almost always find I'm better off emptying the flask I start with and refilling it with water as soon as I find a pool. Flasks of water are by far the most reliably handy for normal play. If you start with a fire or lava flask though, those can be handy early on to dig through wooden beams.

This is different from the randomized start mod, that has very powerful themed kits and starting perk to not get killed by them.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Was really excited when I found a wand with about a dozen tnts on it early on but I didn't notice that it had always cast prickly spore pod, which caused the tnt to blow up in my face.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

oh wow they added a thing in the background of the holy mountain that shows just what your wand is casting in a given shot

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Der Shovel posted:

Opening a portal to a "sinister dimension": good idea, or bad? Let's explore!

https://i.imgur.com/zcFDG0w.mp4

It's incredibly powerful...

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Getting blocked in by random jungle plants in the mines and having to clear them out pixel by pixel with a spark wand is criminally unfun.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

So much mana regen but it can't hope to keep up with the drills.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

TIL that it's possible to shoot spark bolts fast enough to dig with them

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Will living on the edge + berserkium do?

It doesn't seem to dig stone but it'll dig dirt and ice.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

It's a quad cast wand with 3 spark bolts and increase mana + luminous drill, hitting the minimum recharge time. Super simple but it's still shredding enemies in the jungle.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I am allowed to vent about bullshit sometimes :colbert: But now this run i have peace with gods and a double cast lightning bolt. Nothing can go wrong.

You are already dead.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Got this complete and utter nonsense from the first shop

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

KillHour posted:

I've never gotten angry ghost to do anything but sit there like an idiot.

Once in a blue moon he'll shoot the last projectile you fired at the nearest enemy. Sometimes with hella proj speed for no apparent reason, which can cause fun with black holes.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

CodfishCartographer posted:

Really? I wonder if there's a bug. Every time I've gotten it, it will consistently shoot at enemies on screen. It's super helpful early on.

I've never seen him actually hit anything but he tries.