Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

So is there healing beyond the rare hearts? I thought drinking water or eating corpses might do it but that doesn't seem to have any effect beyond just draining whatever you need drained.

As someone said earlier, a single bad immolation or poisoning can take a third to half your health.

There's a health potion that hilariously, you can accidentally hurl off into a pit of fire. The smart way though is to pour that poo poo out on the ground and sit in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

goferchan posted:

Outside of certain perks, no. Catching on fire/getting covered in poison is maybe a little too devastating right now but the big protip is find any potion, pour it all out, and then fill up the empty bottle with water so you can rinse yourself off .

edit: oh cool ^^^ never seen a health potion!

yeah it seems super rare, i've only found it the one time. "healthification potion" or something goofy like that

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

You can also fly over there with a polymorphine potion

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

AkumaHokoru posted:

yeah same way. dunno what eating corpses does.

builds strong bones

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Noita is this image, the game

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Once you've finished the mines and gone through the first temple or whatever it is to the coal pits, is there any way to get back up to the surface? Or do you need to luck into good items in the mines to go exploring the starting area?

you could burrow your way through the temple. i wouldn't advise it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Hogama posted:

I've read that the alchemy isn't just seed-based but is also location-based, so a recipe that works in the mines won't necessarily work below them, for example.

:psyduck: