Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
This is an awesome looking game and I can't wait for it to come out of Early Access :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Positive feedback is my jam

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I don't usually like playing Early Access games because I milk the fun from them before they release and never play them again but I'm quite happy I was convinced to make an exception for this. It's absolutely fascinating to play and explore and I love the spellcrafting already despite only having made one thing. It's like Magika's concept was recognised in the form of an actually good game

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
This game does indeed own but I've yet to get past level 3 intact. I really do not like the "poke enemies off the edge of the screen" gameplay you seem to get forced into if you don't get something obscene. Best wand I had was one that fired 3x homing sawblades because of the sheer damage while keeping me unharmed.

I think shuffle wands should be the exception rather than the rule because it undermines the spellcrafting a bit. If shuffle wands were good statswise to make them better "machine gun" builds vs non-shuffle being a bit more deliberate it might be a good compromise but I'm sure there's a million balance reasons why this would be a bad idea.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Oh, right. That's good to know then - I guess I wasn't looking close enough or Borderlands has made me expect everything is procgenned. Fair enough.

Something I think the game could desperately use and probably will get eventually is a way to name the wands. While it's fairly easy to remember which wand does which it would make deciding which one to ditch faster. Also maybe you could feed wands to other wands to reload them? Have specific ones that can regain charge by applying them to certain materials? So much potential with this game.

How about a way to mess around in a sandbox and save specific wand configurations to have them show up in future runs? That'd be a cool twist on roguelike progression mechanics like unlocking items that show up later.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
https://i.imgur.com/8Xkeg61.mp4

oh,

I managed to get to The Vault but god knows how because my wand selection was miserable. I did get attacked by an enemy using a wand and panicked to kill him as fast as I could... and then realised he had picked up a wand that had projectiles that healed everything but the caster :haw: I wondered how I had so much HP after the fight. Also, Vampirism + More Blood is hilarious.

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 3, 2019

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
If timed spells could be specifically adjusted on the timers they'd be much more desirable

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Line up, children :3:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Invisibility perk + Freeze Field perk is actually one hell of a combo. Under most circumstances Invisibility is hard to use because you get Stained so regularly, but since Freeze Field ices over many liquids and even puts out fires if you wait a little, the amount of time you spent being Stained decreases a lot which means invis gets much more uptime. Try it out, it's fun and can make those horrible chaotic situations where you run from a fight only to run into a shitload more enemies a lot more manageable when you can just yeet your way out of it.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Make it so the Holy Temple has a secret room in a random location full of gold or free powerful spells or wands, but getting in there angers the gods. Instead of spawning one lich, make it spawn bastard enemies throughout the following levels and if you keep doing it, a persistent one that follows you. You can make it escalate so it's a sort of debt buildup.

Make it so you can pay it off by sacrificing max HP or something equally valuable

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Make it so worms killed by the repel crystal turn into grecian fire that you have to avoid but can never be put out environmentally

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Laser Blades seem to be everywhere compared to chainsaws now :shrug:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Shuffle wand, 5x rapid fire sawblade launcher with chance of 4x split, always casts Fireball Thrower

Non-shuffle, casts 6 spells at once, 4x spreadshot, electric beam between projectiles, explosive projectiles (Electric beam also adds a small explosion amount)

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Noita: Complacency leads to death, but man you'll die gloriously

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Urrgh had my best run yet only to get hosed by running out of water

My main wand was a 6x Glowing Lance with +Crit and Necromancy and gently caress me if that thing doesn't murder everything. You can plow it through walls murdering everything safely and with Plauge Rats and Necromancy it kept generating more targets for enemies to get caught up on, and if they died it gave me more gold. If I had fire resist I'd have been golden.

I've wanted to try to beat the game without mods but now I'm extremely tempted to try the respawn mod because I hate getting this far and facing the inevitability of dying before I can really explore past what I'm used to seeing :smith:

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 17, 2019

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Darox posted:

You can absolutely go in and out of holy temples without triggering the collapse or angering the gods, you just need to use a teleport spell to skip over the line trigger that causes it.

Oh for gently caress's sake

I was wondering how people could explore so freely, why did I always throw away teleport wands?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Some things that I'd like to see:

Shift is a sprint that uses your jetpack fuel. Would make getting through those early levels a lot less sluggish.

Any familiar orbs of power you find are automatically added to your health pool (Or available for pickup if you're doing gimmick runs) at the beginning of a new run.

Consume unwanted spells and wands at the Holy Mountain to give you a pool of several Always Casts modifiers for one of your wands in your possession.

Add a punch button which doesn't have the same physics force as kick but acts as a pathetic dig spell so you can get out of lovely circumstances in an emergency such as being stuck on a few pixels.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Finally beat the game unmodded with 4x Glowing Lance, +Damage +Damage +Crit +Speed wand and All Seeing Eye. Turns the game into Babby's Easy Mode because you can see enemies through the walls, the speed modifier makes it so it can penetrate through steel, Glowing Lance does great basic damage but is absolutely insane when it crits, scoring around 200 per hit. Ram these into your wand and increase their crit chance and you have a wand capable of shooting through walls doing 800 damage a pop.

All Seeing Eye is one of those perks which is boring but so loving useful because this game is all about minimising your chances for something to pin you in a corner and stunlock you so being entirely aware of what you're about to face/being able to beeline for health pickups and wands safely is a huge bonus. I haven't explored all of the world yet but I think I'm gonna install some of the nice mods that are out such as respawning etc so I can just take it easy.

Yeah it really did take me 188 deaths to beat this :smith:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Hey can I get some mod recommendations? I don't want anything ridiculous but quality of life stuff/better ways to play the game continuously would be really appreciated.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I found an Always Cast Matter Eater wand.

Oh my,

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The Fungal Caverns are a motherfuck early on and practically suicide in the first few levels unless you've reached I've Played So Much I Can See Forever time played

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
They need to add a Bugzapper spell that makes flying creatures fly up and get zapped by it