Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Alchemist tablets:You can drop the tablets on the glowing pedestal on the sky platform to turn them into some gold. This is new, I think.

Far right of the overworld:The floating diamond has an item that will probably slowly kill you. Haven't figured out if there's a special use for it, yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You can get a shield as a spell, too. I put one in with some bouncy balls on a wand with machine gun stats and it would replace itself extremely quickly.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

goferchan posted:

Oh drat just realized the trip-out effect from drinking worm blood isn't just cosmetic it gives you that "all seeing eye" spell effect where you can see through walls and parts of the screen you haven't explored, at the cost of everything being all warped and hosed up

Ok help me out, how do you 'drink'?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Look at this terrifyingly destructive beast that I picked up, before my most promising run got cut short by one of the fungal cave warlocks picking up some kind of lightning wand and 1-shotting me from a blind corner.

Never saw anything greater than 2 spells per cast before, and usually on extremely crummy wands. And that's an acid trail on every projectile.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Huhn, if you put enough heat into toxic sludge, it'll turn into water. Good trick to know.

More small dumb tricks: the trap cubes aren't attached. You can kick them away from the fuse and then they won't trigger.

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 26, 2019

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I found a pair of bottles of 'cocktail' embedded in the rock wall, hard to see, on the edge of the mines near to the entrance to the dark. Shoots liquid that ignites on impact.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The trick is to stand on top of it, mostly towards the front edge, and then fly upwards a bit right before the kick connects.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

:confused:

I made my way back with the tablet from the the other side of the little lava lake and then this happens. Hadn't left level 1 yet.

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 27, 2019

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The other side of the lava lake on the first level leads to level 3, and you can get back that way, too.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

massively boosted by a few ounces of polymorph potion

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I got my first win.

Mid game I got the mild homing shots perk and used a party favor shotgun wand of orbs and stars to snipe all the jetpack guys from a distance.

Late game I put lightning bolt and energy shield on a wand with two slots and good stats and that was enough to carry me through.

I have an appreciation for the slime cloud spell as an instant fire extinguisher.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Playing as a psychic mole-rat is really effective.

I half expect the game to send worms after me, but I seem to be able to scum an awful, awful lot.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Freezing field isn't a good perk for keeping you alive, but it sure lets you do some wacky poo poo.

The game's framerate didn't appreciate me poking a hole through the middle of the lake's wall and then digging my way up through the ice.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I clear the first level out and then go grab the orbs. Or sometimes I don't bother.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If you dig through the tree it may hatch the worms. Which is bad if you're sitting in the tablet hollow switching your spells around, for some reason.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Now there's a full grown worm running around the first level of my next game.

And the fucker ate the tablet I threw at him.

I feel like this game must do a little bit of fiddling with your next seed when you do certain things.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Heat seaking bubble sparks are actually good. And they dig!

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I finally have a build with wands anywhere and vampirism. Time to scum the hell out of the entire world.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I imagine if you really want to be cheeky you can get an enemy to pick up a wand and then kite them to a small puddle of teleporter liquid near the bottom of a level to get them into the shrine.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Glowing lance slices through just about any game object, even steel and extremely dense rock.

And bombs... without triggering them, turning them into tiny little, hard-to-see fragments of bombs, one of which still functions like the full size bomb.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Look at this beautiful 175 damage, no friendly fire, evangelion-rear end spell.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Anyone been down to the rock work hell to look for the 11th orb? How do you actually go about finding where it is?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Digging my way into hell just got a lot tastier.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

resistentialism posted:

Anyone been down to the rock work hell to look for the 11th orb? How do you actually go about finding where it is?

Found it. The map made it look like it was in line with the middle of the temple of the arts, which gave me a way to get a rough estimation of where to dive. Turned out to be true.
The orb is not very far down there at all.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Possible use for the cement spell: building a gigantic cradle for dormant crystals with which to kill the boss.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

https://steamcommunity.com/id/resistentialism/screenshots/?appid=0&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall

Stupidity, tediousness and cement.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Turns out you can abuse that thing where materials created without any space will spawn in the next open spot available above them.

And the end boss glitches out of being stuck.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The daily run's first level seems pretty generous. All seeing eye, a homing mod.

Did the daily run always have different starting spells?

Ah but there's a nuke wand or something on the 2nd level, with a shotgun guy nearby.

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 2, 2019

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

For the ice caves, work your way to the right along the top edge until you get to the empty transition area, and then, with nothing sneaking up behind you, you can work your way down or clear more to the left looking for stuff. Jet pack guys are a lot easier to fight if you're above them.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If you've got 11 orbs he's have 130,000 hp

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Ha, a cloud spell with fireball thrower (on a trigger spell to get it away from you!) is pretty loving great.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Seems kinda like something is messed up with the big spiders in the jungle where they just break into the holy mountain as soon you get there.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

bad dodge

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

or let you pull spells out of wands and let you toss spells on the ground, but not allow you to slot spells back into your wands without the perk

although that would lead to some run-ending misclicks, I guess.

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Oct 7, 2019

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

resistentialism posted:

or let you pull spells out of wands and let you toss spells on the ground, but not allow you to slot spells back into your wands without the perk

although that would lead to some run-ending misclicks, I guess.

Thinking about it again: maybe when you're picking a wand up off the floor and looking at the inventory slot-deciding screen, you get the option to break the wand and release the spells in it onto the ground, after a confirmation.

Would mostly guarantee the player was doing it intentionally.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If you lack homing they're still very good for digging up. You can get them embedded in the ground above you if you grind your face into the ceiling.

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 7, 2019

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Sometimes chests get spawned in spaces that are too small for them. If something doesn't fit in this game it gets shunted up.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I've actually seen a chest in a cramped space wigging out and it disappear, only to have a chest then appear on the overworld. Whether they're also sometimes spawned purposefully up there too, I don't know.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Ha, kicking the jetpack medic (red guy, green gun) does, in fact, get him to heal you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If you think there's a worm on the loose, hang around near one of the portal pools with your feet on the ground. You'll eventually get the worm coming towards you and you'll get some warning by way of the rumbling. They can't go all that high into the air and they can't maneuver once they are airborne.

And if you haven't found a dead worm somewhere on level 3, there's probably a worm on the loose.