Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I spend another 3 hours trying to get to what I think is another orb (I'm trying to find them mostly blind) and I miss the switch to my lava-to-blood wand.

There's like at least 5 places I'm trying to do this at. Wizard's den, I'm looking at you

I love this game, it's an amazing achievement :pcgaming:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Oof, it's so painful losing a good run.

First perk? Perk lottery plus tinker with wands, such an amazing gamble.

7 hours in with an amazing bouncing burst wand that did 174,000 in a single hit, shooting 4 of those per cast 60 times per second.

I made a dumb mistake traveling through the cursed rock to the parallel worlds

:ghost:

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I tried two runs yesterday and they both had no wands in the first level and then 2 giant worms anger the gods before Hisii Base. What the hell.

Was yesterday worm day or something

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Huh, I think the scatter is fine (it would be better as a Draw 2 to reduce spread) because the first spell is the spark bolt with trigger and the second spell is the chainsaw to set cast delay to 0

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

DarthRoblox posted:

Ugh, just lost a strong run - I was wrapping up a few things, had 6 orbs and was running down a few secrets when I jumped into the lake and accidentally switched to a wand that I'd apparently switched an electric charge onto at some point. Even with 600+ life I was still dead before I could process what was happening and switch to something else since I was thought I was totally safe.

Noita'd yet again...

I've been trying to get another long run going and I keep making mistakes like this. I put on electric charge to beat a surprise early Stevari and then hopped in the water.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
That got a "hello" out of me

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Seed 717732499

I'm not sure what the recipe is, but it must be simple. There's naturally occurring Alchemic Precursor/Draught of Midas on every level from Coal Pits to Jungle at least.

It was going to be an amazing run … but then I got hit by a twitchy mage and then immediately one of my own projectiles.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

Ciaphas posted:

can anyone explain why this wand is firing at a stutter instead of a normal machine gun? I tried running it through the simulator and a lot of ingame fiddling but I can't work out what's going on. This is me holding left mouse:

(e) If I take out the Blood material it rapidfires correctly, but why does that have a cast delay at all?

One way to fix this would be to remove 1 chainsaw, put the triple spell where the double spell is, and then remove the double spell entirely.

If I'm thinking about this right, it'll do the chainsaw first cast, then second cast it'll triple spell with blood, trigger-spark bolt (lightning), and wrap around to the chainsaw.

That way you won't waste a shot on just a chainsaw (the second chainsaw in the picture) every time the wand reloads.

You can also experiment with putting the mana-mana-chainsaw at the end of the wand because it can be faster not to wrap.

crimedog fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

Ariong posted:

Spells/Cast: 4

This will make wand building more difficult. It's still doable, of course