Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
I'm liking ths violent suicide simulator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

I turned into a drunk gun and then I angered the gods and I think Death killed me.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Yo, you can go past the mountain. There's an entire biome thataway. Be ready for some hard fuckery.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

I think I got lucky and had a natural tunnel spawn close to the surface, but you could probably tunnel through with explosions or the big orb spell that disintegrates dirt.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Now that I think of it, there's at least two biomes past the mountain, because I passed one on the way to the fuckery place, and there was probably stuff there too if I went underground.

So yeah, there's deffo a lot of stuff to explore sideways on every level.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Wands can have innate effects that apply to every spell you put in it. I found one with the 'fire in all directions' mod. It fired bouncing shots that were also on fire.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

It tells you the effect if you mouse over them. Hydrated and bloody makes you less susceptible to fire. So, basically, wet. You can also wash off poison and slime if you jump in water/blood.

I'm loving it, it's one of the videogamiest videogames I've ever played in the best possible way. I also loving love that this game models buoyancy.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Pyramid enemies are hella beefy, I recommend getting something better than the starting wand before going there.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

I shot a zombie with a buzzsaw spell so hard, it's meat got separated from the skeleton. Then I shot myself in the face with a buzzsaw.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Do not confuse the buzzsaw spell with the chainsaw spell, those are in fact different spells.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Lol, I managed to go back to the surface from the ice level without digging through the temple. Too bad I died like an idiot before checking if I can enter the temple again.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Can't go wrong with a high fire rate wand loaded with bouncing shot. Hold lmb to murder everything around you, including your CPU. Add fire trail if you also want to murder yourself.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Lot of extremely weird an good games coming out recently and I'm here for it.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Anyone else having the game completely restart when doing a new run?

That's how it's supposed to be apparently. I'm guessing it has something to do with cpu use for physics simulation.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

I'm not the only one that has to kick that cart at the start of every single run, right?

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Delay determines rate of fire - the lower the delay, the faster the spells cycle. Max mana and mana recharge speed also determines for how long you can keep it up.
There's a parameter that determines spell spread, but to fire several at once you need a formation component - I think it only affects one spell in your wand, unless the wand has its own special innate effect.

e: late, the post above mine has way better explanation

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Clark Nova posted:

I’ve snuck around over the lava pit to the right of the mines, down a wall and back underneath it to the left through a huge empty area to the ice caves below the second temple. You could do that in reverse if you have massively boosted/unlimited flight

You can do that with regular levitation. The vent wall has all those bumps sticking out that you can land on to rest.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Terry van Feleday posted:

Level generation is generally great, with one exception: The spot where you drop from the inter-level safe zone is prone to leaving you super exposed with no place to escape except the perfectly vertical shaft you came from, which is fun if you're immediately surrounded by 10 flying gunners.

Sometimes the level 2 entrance will straight up drop you into a vat of poison and honestly I kinda respect that.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

You really should search each level for wands, chests and components as much as possible. Even if you don't find any, it's good to get a few hundred gold to buy something from the temple shop. Enemies don't respawn and there's no time pressure, so the only consideration is if you have enough health to survive exploring.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

I'll admit it, in a game that's all about the hermetic and arcane, I almost don't want it to be user friendly or make sense, even at the cost of my enjoyment.

But then again, I'm a weird idiot.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

I just had a run with the perfect wand that shot a magic missile spawning multiple homing, bouncing, freezing sawblades. Then I got a bit stuck in the labyrinthine passages of level 4, and since I didn't really have any explodey or digging spells, tried to kick a tnt crate in just the right place to get to the teleporter. You can guess how that ended.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Speaking of Tabula Smaragdina, does anyone think that there may be some secret related to the skeleton that always spawns next to the tablet? I noticed that when you shoot the skull with a wand, numbers pop up as if it was an enemy taking damage. Maybe there's a way to resurrect it?

I don't know if I'll ever discover this secret tho, because it's too fun kicking the skeleton into lava and watching it dissolve.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Yeah, you need to be able to dig or blow up the debris to get through (or teleport). I don't think it's a bug, but it's also not supposed to be a 'proper' way to travel.

Also, blowing up the debris does not anger the gods. I'm guessing that after you pick up the perk, that whole temple is ok to destroy, but haven't confirmed it.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

KazigluBey posted:

How do wands work, exactly, when it comes to passives? Do non-shuffle wands just go left-to-right and the passive applies to whatever is on the left of it?

If you mean passives like shield or torch, they're always on as long as you have that wand selected, regardless of spell order.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

I think I discovered an alchemical liquid that I've never seen before.

It's urine.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Noir89 posted:

Every time, I tell myself: "No, don't do this, you know it is a bad idea". But it hovers there in the shop, hauntingly. It talks to your soul, maybe this time it will work out? Think of the power!

10 minutes later I am dead after having melted half the world and angered every god that exists, existed or will exist, myself a pool of acid goo after one to many bouncy ball miscalculations :v:

Still worth it.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Does anyone else have this weird issue where the cursor sometimes desyncs from the game window? It always seem to happen on the right side of the screen for some reason.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Ok, so not only is blindness some stupid bullshit, it's double bullshit that you can be blinded even when having the all-seeing eye effect. C'mon now.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Welp, finished the game after 40hrs and 120 deaths. Once I got hold of a homing exploding mist wand, it was only a matter of whether my processor can take all the explosions all the time.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Constant electricity seems cool, until you start exploding everything around you through contact with the metal floors.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

If you fill them wth the correct liquids, it supposedly displays secret messages in runes.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

And if you fill the eyesocket of the giant skull in the desert with water, it will summon a special boss.

I never did any of that, but there's a dude on youtube with shitloads of Noita secrets videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Help, I think I've built up some kind of physiological dependency where I'm unable to not use the buzzsaw spell at every opportunity.