Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
it's okay, sure, but then I won't be able to leave and reenter the holy mountain as easily, so I'm down for some bullshit deaths as a tradeoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
I figured that'd be news to some people, if you're a sheep you can exit and enter. it's another one of those "you must know the exact mechanism" noita things, there's a specific section of the exit that triggers the collapse and it only does it if you as the default entity crosses it, teleport means you never touch it at all and polymorph means the player entity doesn't touch it, merely an innocuous sheep.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
the only deaths I've loved without fail are "oh poo poo, my ghost. oh God I recognize that wand gently caress gently caress gently caress" *boom*

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
spell lab has to be enabled in the mod menu, you should get a new UI element when you load into a new game

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
important context for assessing finland: they are maybe the most online country in the western world. it seems like for every three europeans I meet online, 2 of them are finnish.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
I mean, designing wands etc is basically use of magic as technology. the comp sci spells are a bit of a giveaway tho

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
1. Fast
2. Hard
3. TP
4. Storage
Q water

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009

Hempuli posted:

I'm glad the community has embraced their brokenness but the essence of those spells is past me thinking "well, surely I can inject functionality normally handled by the C++ part of the codebase that I don't understand at all using the lua scripting capabilities without too much trouble???"

This is Noita. The harder it is to understand how I just died, the better. I would like it less if you knew more about it, ideally I am the one who knows more.

Darox posted:

The further away your cursor is from you, the harder you throw an item. If your cursor is directly on top of you when you throw you'll gently drop the flask with a ~99% success rate of not breaking it.

I have a much better time with just dragging it out of my inventory and onto the wizard, it seems more forgiving.

ComradePyro fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 18, 2024

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
Cast delay and refresh can happen simultaneously, chainsaw sets cast delay to 0.
Spark bolt then chainsaw: Spark bolt -> (cast delay from wand + spark bolt) -> chainsaw -> (wand refresh)
Chainsaw then spark bolt: Chainsaw -> (0 cast delay) -> spark bolt -> (cast delay from wand + spark bolt, simultaneous with refresh).
Multicasting with a chainsaw as the last spell means that the last spell sets cast delay to 0. Try that same chainsaw -> spark bolt combo, but put a draw two before the spark bolt. It'll wrap back around to casting the chainsaw spell a second time, which both sets the cast delay to 0 and gives you a second instance of -recharge delay :)

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009

DarkDobe posted:

I didn't know this for the longest time but you can tell a wand will be multicast if it has multiple tips on the 'model'/sprite.

Just a neat detail that I appreciate.

There are a few of these, I love lil details like this in games. Spoilered in case people want to find out for themselves

Noita Wiki posted:

There are a few identifiable relationships between a wand's design and its statistics:

Gemstone: Non-Shuffle wands have a rhombic core (gemstone) in them.
Length: Longer wands usually have a larger Capacity and short wands usually have only a few spell slots.
Width: Wider wands usually have a higher cast delay.
Tip(s): Wands that have multiple tips will have a Spells/Cast equal to or greater than the number of tips. However some single-tipped wands can be multicasts as well.
Glow: Rare wands will have a faint purple glow to them, and an Always Cast spell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
I liked it the first few dozen times I played, now I just play with TWE always enabled. I don't miss the tedious back and forth treks at all.