Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Eopia posted:

So I managed to get over the mountain on the east with a lucky terrain spawn of a floating island. Found an orb and this green tablet with lore on it that I got by slowly shooting open the bottom of a floating ice island from the peak of the mountain. Also bombed my way inside the temple and found three absurdly good wands at the top of it after I used a second bomb to open up the acid chamber they were all in and drain it out. Also there was a second orb on the top of the pyramid temple with another lore tablet next to it.

I'm sure there's stuff on the other side of the giant tree to the left, but it seems to be immune to fire and if you shoot out holes in the side to stand on to recover your levitation, it spawns in like six acid floating eye guys to murder you once you get high enough. I got over once, found an ice field, and then got murdered.

Got a lucky spawn of a wand with Always Casts: Matter Eater, and slowly dug my way all the way back to the surface, got past the tree, and after a long winter wasteland there is a super deep lake that I should have just passed by but decided I was going to swim down because I had breathless, under the lake is a lava lake, and my game crashed because of all the water and lava physics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Polymorphine is probably the most consistent way of getting over the entrance since potions are fairly common, Teleportium could possibly work too. Bombs work just fine, but since you need bombs to get into the pyramid too and they can sometimes decide to bug out, it makes them a little iffy.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Yeah, but that requires even more RNG than other methods.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

OutOfPrint posted:

It's RNG heavy, but I only had one run last night that felt genuinely unfair, since I got all the way to the Ice Caves or whatever the third level is in the progression without finding any wands.

The RNG mostly dictates how hilariously chaotic the run gets. Chances are, by the second level, you're going to get an upgraded main weapon wand. It's just up to the RNG if it's a machine gun of bouncy balls or a want with a bunch of nukes in it.

The Ice Caves are a pretty huge jump in difficulty, with the turrets, swarms of flying enemies, and snipers. Unless you've got movement perks there's really no way you're going to be able to dodge everything. Especialy when you have a run like i did where there were over a dozen enemies on screen right after dropping in. :gibs:

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Okay so I got extremely high (I entered "The Work") then a regular enemy showed up, shot me, and now I am falling down to earth like a meteorite.

Vonnie fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 25, 2019

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Laser+Ice Field+Shock is really good in long range, anything it doesn't 1-shot will be stunned.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

gold despawns way to fast
Could probably just not despawn giving how dangerous enemies are at the moment, even just one dying by fire is a little too dangerous to try and collect gold from.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
There is an island floating just about the mountain, on top of it is an altar you can place the emerald tablet for a reward of gold. Of course, if you just hold the tablet in the center of the altar you can get infinite gold.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
I need to stop putting trails on my wands when I have the ice field perk, I keep getting caught in pixels.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Daily run has a worm loose right near the holy mountain :gibs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Increased recoil+drill wand=flight.

Also you can still get infinite gold from the altar.