Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

got the game and am trying to get into it normally, but I think I'll end up just tossing on a bunch of mods and having the wiki open in a different tab since every time I've tried to interact with anything new I've ended up getting killed by it, including by picking perks that didn't do what they said

Also, is there anything that fixes the pixel shimmer? It seems like the camera isn't aligned to the pixel grid and that is causing things to cyclically dim and brighten as it gets closer/further from being aligned

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Dec 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hempuli posted:

There should be an option to force the graphics to be pixel-perfect. Alternatively picking a resolution that multiplies perfectly to your screen resolution should help.

ah, yeah, that was it. It was close but not a perfect multiple so with AA on it was rippling, and with AA off I ended up getting these lines of distortion travelling across the screen. Now everything works fine (with AA on in fullscreen mode, for some reason windowed just isn't buying it). Before I was getting kind of nauseous.

Thanks!

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 5, 2021

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Diephoon posted:

On this note, does anyone actually like using high mana max/low mana recharge wands? I never build with them and am wondering if I'm missing out. Do you just have to keep a supply of Concentrated Mana handy or are there other ways to work around low mana recharge rates?

toss on the mana recharge spell modifier and exploit wraparound to use it twice per refresh?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I expect this is a major overestimate. Most people who check community discussion on the game will know about chainsaws being helpful, but what fraction of players is that?

You can win with a wand with 30 charges of Giant Firebolt, and I expect that most first-time winners used something similar, probably with a Black Hole wand to help them skip the late game.

I mean only 10% of players actually beat the game

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

the spider jerks keep breaking my temples, just wandering on through eating the ground

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

to be fair, steam's clock is horrifically inaccurate

I've seen it ticking up when the game wasn't running at all, which was especially bad because it was a game I wanted to get a refund on.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

sadly the game isn't realistic enough to make it flammable

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

neat, noita is steam deck verified

you can check your library at
https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck/mygames

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Shibawanko posted:

all of my recent runs the thing that killed me was always polymorph, i really need to fungal shift more to try to get rid of it because it always gets me in the end

doesn't eating the polymorpher corpse give you immunity?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ZeusCannon posted:

Why are chainsaws good? They seem underwhelming at least initially

Absurd firing rate

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

please tell me moving too quickly with orbiting saws will get you decapitated

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

if steve breaks a temple does he fight himself

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bonus boss is just the queen from chess, will instantly capture you if you are on a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal line from her, bypassing all death and damage resistances.

You can only fight her by doing a complex 8 stage quest involving five ciphers and physicsing a pawn from the bottom of the map to the top.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

pseudorandom name posted:

Come now, this is Noita. You'd be able to suck blood out of any monster.

no, this is noita, half the monsters should be full of deadly acid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ariong posted:

Is there a trick to getting the empty-wand-into-pheromone thing to work consistently? I did it for the first time earlier this week and it took so long to work that I was in the middle of drafting a post saying I couldn’t make it happen when it suddenly did, completely randomly. Now I can’t seem to make it happen at all.

a lot of men have that problem