Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I found that learning how to utilize the water potion properly really helped a lot. Learning I could neutralize sludge and pre-wet myself to avoid taking damage from fire allowed me to pick up a lot of gold that I was previously having to leave alone. Putting my attack wand and my water in consistent slots and setting a convenient keybind for them also helped get me into the habit of using it much more dynamically, especially when trying to use it a weapon.

I should say that I still haven't actually managed to clear the game yet, but at least my deaths tend to be more collosal fuckups or "me am play gods" rather than just attrition from random enemy fire chaotic polymorphing into a small worm seemed like an even easier way to leave the Holy Mountain until I changed back in the middle of the brickwork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think you probably *can* get the Pyramid Orb on a large proportion of runs, it just takes so long that I don't bother unless I get Acceleratium.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Well I finally got an ending. Pic related
(I had conc spells so each of the 9 projectiles I fired per shot did silly damage)

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I'd say the two easiest ways to go beyond just having a peashooter are:
- reducing your cast delay and recharge time to nothing - Chainsaw will generally be best for this (it reduces cast delay to zero as well as reducing recharge time) but Digging Bolt and Luminous Beam are other options. This lets you make extremely powerful machine guns
- using trigger spells to deliver some powerful payoff at long range, such as an explosion or a powerful bundle of spells

e: another option is just picking Concentrated Spells and casting as many attack spells at once as possible, the way it scales with multiple shots is completely ridiculous

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 18, 2024

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Is that Magic Arrow missing because your triggered spell is making another triggered spell, and the second trigger misses? I think it's generally better to have one triggered spell make multiple other spells inside the enemy (with modifiers like Double Spell) rather than chaining triggers together.