Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

grate deceiver posted:

I'm liking ths violent suicide simulator

love to attach fire trails to everything then wonder why im on fire and dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

hmm, the super dark area further to the left from the collapsed mines is spooky. i wonder if there's a way to see in there.

not even the reveal spell works.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

chainsaw is the best wand. had that and a powered up homing lance and fought __THE WORM__ who had destroyed most of level 3. it cracks ice in one go, and homing lance can deal with the enemies there in one shot each. I also found some kind of snowbase, a HUGE plain of dense stone that went nowhere but was very mysterious, the Roots of the Tree, and a bunch of other Mysterious poo poo.

then death came for me while i was peeping my shop options. the gods were real mad.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

yeah but how do you get to any of those places except the tree

or is that part of the early access dealio and, practically speaking, it's walled off

just keep going left/right in the mines or w/e for the underground stuff

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

almsot drowned, got high by eating a baby, turned into a flying sheep to go meet the gods.

i love this loving game.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

goferchan posted:

Yeah right now the game is extremely fun to play but not quite so fun to play to win. Which is just fine with me at this point, honestly, they've got plenty of time to work out balancing and difficulty issues. The core game is so loving cool.

:yeah:

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I Said No posted:

i was not having a good run at all, and then this happened

https://i.imgur.com/3Ztu1uG.mp4

For reference: while fleeing from a horde of enemies, another enemy stole a nuke wand and fired it at me twice, i survived due to explosion resistance but was set on fire, so i made a beeline for the portal (which I was already doing) and got chunked by falling debris knocked loose by the nuke

game of the loving year

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

goty 2019: noita early access
goty 2020: noita actually comes out

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Hooooly poo poo the enemy spawn rate just ramps up to crazy levels in 4 and onwards.
IMO my biggest complaints is that the base movement speed is too slow, and your HP is Nuclear Throne levels of fragile but without the amount of mitigation you can do in that game.

Hiisi snipers can gently caress right off

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

What happens if a teleportation wand has double shots?

i had an octagon teleportation wand. it fires all of them and you teleport to all of them in order of when they landed. if two land at nearly the same time, you teleport to the further one.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

resistentialism posted:

Now there's a full grown worm running around the first level of my next game.

And the fucker ate the tablet I threw at him.

I feel like this game must do a little bit of fiddling with your next seed when you do certain things.

it totally does. i got the lava lake tablet and went down the chimney and it gave me a crate on spawn in my next run

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

doublepost bc I don't think I've laughed harder playing this game than when i got this dumb loving wand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xemzyI5tUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fPRO2SApO8

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Polo-Rican posted:

If they started the player with a chainsaw they'd just have to cut down on gold veins. Still worth it IMHO. The physics system is what makes this game special and without the ability to freely dig you can't really play with the environment.

give the player a chainsaw before the ice caves soyou can drop icicles on the hiisi every time

its the most satisfying thing oh my god the way it just cracks them in one tap

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

Holy poo poo, how?

https://old.reddit.com/r/noita/comments/dekvyt/the_gods_have_angered_you/

always-casts-bomb wand and chainsaws

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

nightwisher posted:

After a few days of tinkering with modding, I've decided to release a rough v1 of my Noita+ map expansion mod:

Noita+ on Modworkshop.net

A comparison of the original world biome map, and the mod's map:

this loving rules but all the holy mountain entrances are sealed.

edit i somehow spawned with default items not the new ones you added

I AM THE MOON fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 20, 2019

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Fayez Butts posted:

Is this mod at the top of the list? Do you have other mods activated?

yes

no.

i tried a bunch of others but didnt take screenshots a few had extremely dense rock in them

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I restarted the game again and it worked so it must have just been some weird poo poo on world creation

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

ive got a save with an "always cast unstable crystal" wand that ive turned into a multimultimulticast delayed explosion rocket launcher. i just need homing and its complete.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

You can. The different starts are not very varied or balanced yet, but it's such a neat idea that I hope they'll build on it.

tbh it feels like a hardmode on almost every start besides fire or some of the possible slime rolls. more variety/balancing it out to a more normal baseline will be cool

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

violent sex idiot posted:

all of the starts seem a lot easier? you have lots more firepower and only the lightning theme ones don't have an easy way to remove stains, and they can one shot almost everything for 5 floors

e: unless you get the start with just 2 circles on triggers those suck

ive gotten lightning starting combos that just have no fuckin way to deal with anything in cramped tunnels without self-damage and being lightning means the coal world is on fire which you can't handle. id rather have a more reliable weapon

also lightning seems to be one of the rarer starts, with eldritch (which killed me via revenge tentacle pulling in MORE EXPLOSIVES AND BULLETS bc i got shot once endlessly. i wish i had death gif on) so im mostly complaining about those 2 and summoner not being able to change terrain (and having all the holy mountains sealed off, once). prefer having reliable options.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I'd rank the starts something like eldritch < summoner < classic (spark bolt + bombs) < lightning < slime < fire right now, with the caveat that it's very easy to get yourself killed with the lightning start. Fire is noticeably stronger than the others, but it's also a ton of fun so I hope they bring the others up to its level rather than nerf it down.

i think slime is perfect. some fire starts are too strong, but it's got more possible starting wands at least that ive seen so i'm hopeful for the others.

I AM THE MOON fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 8, 2019

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

bloom posted:

Plague rats and a pool of chaotic polymorphine sure is something

https://i.imgur.com/7EoaDrY.mp4

just crashed the game with that. enemy-spawning enemies fighting infinite rats over a pool of chaotic poly

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I can just about 100% guarantee this is not what they meant. Imagine a game where you have a limited inventory but items on the ground persist indefinitely. At least some players would truck every single item, no matter how marginal its utility, to a central location in case they needed it at some nebulous point in the future. They'd spend literally hours just going back and forth carrying wands and potions and spells from place to place to avoid "losing" any of their stuff. Objectively this is really tedious gameplay. The vast majority of players will prefer a game that doesn't reward that kind of behavior. The trick is figuring out how to bring the game's reward systems into alignment with a playstyle that's fun for as many people as possible.

(What I will say is that I wish that angering the gods was a targeted thing, i.e. the lich would attack whichever creature damaged the temple and then go away. I think I've only ever personally damaged the temple once, every other time it's been some terrain-eating monster that pissed the gods off and ruined my game)

pretty much

look at how the 30 or w/e orb run guys will hoard spell refreshes and heals. that's only a thing bc theyre doing something crazy.

the normal game has decision making on a much smaller scale which i think suits it a lot better bc each level is treated as something thats more or less self-contained.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Yeah, I just have a big attraction to ridiculous combo wands, and those are more fun when you can use them repeatedly. Usually. Today I made what is certainly the most terrifying wand I've ever tried.

https://i.imgur.com/YQNAQL5.mp4

That's spark bolt with trigger into a long-lasting, homing slime mist with "giant explosion on slimed enemies" and "matter eater" on it. When I first entered the level I fired it offscreen and there were like 20 explosions in rapid succession, after which half the level was gone.

You may note that I do not have immunity to explosions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fPRO2SApO8

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

anyone got homing with the new barriers? I'm hoping they turn into a huge roving death aoe for enemies and yourself like i think they do if you can get both of them zooming around at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I got that combo and sadly it didn't seem to work at all. The barriers were still totally stationary.
Interestingly, the projectile-speed-up modifier caused the barrier to spread out wider, but that wasn't especially helpful.

drat

i love how stupidly dangerous they are and wanted them to be mobile