Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Bought this game on Christmas Steam Sale, beat the first floor, bought the "Electric Torch" passive spell for my wand in the shop and equipped it, immediately after leaving the shop I landed in a puddle of water and died.

10/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I can't stop playing this, help.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I mean our ancestors hated everything with huge teeth and sawblades are basically overly optimized teeth. :v:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I am still not even at the "Once you can kill Kolmi" part. :v:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Had a good run, hosed around with Fungal shifts out of curiosity, accidentally transformed all water into polymorphine, RIP.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I got my first Noita win! :toot:

I discovered pretty long ago that you can add Chainsaws to your projectile spells to significantly speed them up, but I never realized until now, that if you have a projectile with trigger, adding Chainsaw after it too is pretty darn effective weapon. My final wand was basically a bunch of multi-casts, shitload of Chainsaws and a poor, lone magic spark with trigger to deliver the payload (While firing so fast it made a machine gun look like blunderbuss). The final boss died within a second of firing and so did pretty much everything else.

Also, I tried to go as unspoiled as possible, so this whole time I didn't know that Mina is basically just a dumbass who wants infinite gold. Well, wish fulfilled, Rest in Gold, moron.....

Guess I'll go and try to figure out the orb bullshit, maybe I'll go and look for that Alchemist thing people here talk about, maybe explore over-world a bit.....

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 18, 2024

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
"Hmmm, I have like half a hour of time before I can begin with the household chores, I know I will do a daily run of Noita, that's about 10-15 minutes before I die."

"Oh hey, I am not playing too badly for once and the RNG isn't terrible either."

"Oh hey, this is pretty nice combination of spells, Homing Plasma Cutter goes brrrr"

"Oh hey, I just cleared Underground Jungle that homing plasma is way better than I thought"

"Wait, what do you mean it's 4 hours later?????""

This game is dangerous.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

pseudorandom name posted:

High Alchemist or Master of Masters.

But really the correct way to play the game is to refuse to play the beta branch and then throw an emerald tablet on the Hissi anvil and then throw the resulting stone tablet into the alchemist hut in order to open the portal into the second tank, but, more importantly, spawn/permanently unlock the Wand Refresh in the upper left of the Frozen Fault without having to fight the High Alchemist.

funny words, what do they mean? :v:

I don't actually want to know!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Lmao, I just discovered that the cooldown of Ukko's attack is actually shorter than the duration of the stun they cause when they hit you. I got stunlocked from full HP to death over like 5-10 seconds, because one suddenly.... jumped? Was thrown to? right next to me and immediately did 360 no-scope headshot. Probably the first time I am legit pissed about Noita death, because instead of instant death where you wonder wtf just happened it was a drawn out affair that really let me steam in the unfairness of the situation.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I still have trauma from when I tried to fungal shift Polymorphine into something harmless and instead fungal shifted all water into Polymorphine. :v:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ok, probably my dumbest death so far: trying to evaporate the water in the Dark Cave with Kiuaskivi and completely forgetting that smoke can also suffocate you.

Bonus point for it being a pretty good run that would probably end with beating the boss, considering I was proceeding extremely smoothly and returned to Mines from the Vault to explore some of the unvisited side-locations and just defeated the rear end in a top hat guarding the orb on the other side of lava lake just moments before. :v:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Me: Wow, this is great run, Tinker with Wands Anywhere, Wand Experimenter, 500 HP, ping pong luminous drill, several spells that will allow me to make a god wand once I get to lower levels, I have a great feeling about this!

Kummitus causally entering the screen in a wide open area, while wielding my previous hellwand that fires 500 homing Giga Sawblades per second: Bonjour.

I will never have nice things in Noita.,

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
There is no need to roleplay, I'm pretty sure that's the cannon for Minä.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

TURTLE SLUT posted:

Nah. Having to figure out creative ways to escape the Holy Mountain is a great mechanic.

Simply have the collapse destroy all items inside the Holy Mountain, so escaping it is the only way to retain unbought spells/wands, untaken perks and unused refills. :shrug: