Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

This game fun. I like it. Boom boom pow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

The Protagonist posted:

the ultimate losing condition in noita is when death becomes impossible to attain

Clearly I have a long way to go, because I can’t fathom being anything but a little squishy deathmagnet

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

drat that’s a great post, thank you! Really helps contextualize wtf I’m even doing in the game.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

I installed two mods today: one that regenerates health slowly, and one that respawns you at the most recent Holy Mountain. I’ve only died twice, and I’ve reached the ninth level. This is absolutely the way to play the game when you’re still learning, IMO. I’ve built a motherfucker of a wand that homes and deploys proximity teleporting death crosses that are buffed to hell and slaughtering everything in my path. Nothing so far has survived more than two or three direct hits. Most mobs even on the eight level die with one.

So fun!! Also the article link to the Expert Advice wiki pages was invaluable reading

E: oh yeah and the initial homing projectile also applies vulnerability to explosives lol

madmatt112 fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 18, 2024

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

pseudorandom name posted:

Sounds great, you should use that wand on the big spider things left of the jungle.

I was wondering where those came from. All of a sudden these big ol spideys were all over the place in the jungle

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Oh, that Weakening Curse - Explosives is critical, it raises their explosives modifier from -0.2 (i.e. heal 20%) to 0.05.

lol were you trying to trick me? On the internet??

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Oh poo poo I beat the main boss in like 5 shots, wowzers.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Alright, what are the hollow eggs good for? I haven’t touched them at all thus far - something about them immediately made me think “lame, next”.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Waking the Gatekeeper

Having zero knowledge of who that is or what it means… sounds fun! Wakey wakey!

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

silentsnack posted:

At one point I remember sticking a bunch of speed modifiers on Burst of Air + Hollow Egg to shoot the eggs out at high velocity, and the resulting egg cannon would sometimes physics-kill enemies but it was unreliable and difficult to use. And that combination doesn't seem to work at all now, I think it got broken around the time Homing Rocks became a thing?

nope, apparently it still (barely) works. a fraction of the time

Lol those first two shots drat near gibbed you

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Darox posted:

The only bad thing about the introduction of fungal shifts is that you can't just decide to get absolutely obliterated on mushrooms on a whim because the shift clears your trip when it happens.

I tried to hit that fungus breakthrough the other day (in Noita, to be clear), and all that happened was technicolor vomiting and mega trips for a long-rear end time. I couldn’t get the shift to happen, idk if it was eating the wrong poo poo or what. The pink columnar-lookin’ “weird fungus” right? You eat it and trip and then “you feel reality has shifted” eventually, no?

I wasn’t exactly disappointed because trying to survive the fungus cavern or whatever while tripping my dick off was a rambunctious holler

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Ahh, I just didn’t keep the throttle pinned long enough. Don’t fear the fungus, gotcha. Thanks folks.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

animatorZed posted:

https://i.imgur.com/iYylHby.mp4

There's probably a lesson to be learned somewhere in this but I can't hear it over the sawblades.

lol what in the world

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Angry Diplomat posted:

The fact that they called it "Touch of Grass" is :discourse:

Ooohhhh I get it now lmfaoooo

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Jossar posted:

EDIT: New fun one, was so excited about being able to polymorph glitch past Holy Mountain collapses that I forgot my own Homunculus would kill me.

Definitely did not know about the Homunculus animosity in that scenario. I would have been so mad lol

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Fungal caves is just plain stupid fun

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Wand wrapping comes to mind as a completely unexplained mechanic that makes sense once you realize it’s there, but many people would never figure it out on their own. (It’s me, I’m the idiot)

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Most of y’all haven’t even reached The Hamburglar and it shows

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

DrSunshine posted:

I've heard that you can convert the whole world to doo-doo but I haven't looked up how to do it.

Complete The Squirt

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

TACD posted:

I use a controller :cry:

Ee: nvm

E: ok what do we use for image embeds now that Imgur is borked?

madmatt112 fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 7, 2024

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

lol I knew that, just blanked for some reason and thought url was the way. Ok tyvm

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Clark Nova posted:

The temple to the left of the snowy depths will probably have 2-3 feral wands with good stats and spells. The enemies in there are tougher but there are fewer of them and they have limited approach angles

“Feral” wand?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

lol I have zero clue what that thing was. Excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Gromit posted:

I've only ever done it in the holy mountain, usually on the flat bit of rock at the far left. I've also kicked some masonry over to another piece there to make a small zone I could fill with a tiny amount of pheromone. It feels like it really wants a flat floor, so the wand can land evenly and not have a lot of it inside the terrain when it spins. But I've not done any sort of testing.

Current game sees me finding 5 hearts in the first zone and wand tinkering as a perk choice. I expect the fuckening will be devious.

e: The prophecy was fulfilled.

https://i.imgur.com/Q6MbjiV.mp4

lol you got turbodunked there, what a spray