Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

first patch is up which apparently fixes the stats (I didn't encounter any of the other bugs)

quote:

Patch #1 notes (20190925):

UPDATE: Credits
UPDATE: Pressing ESCAPE, SPACE or RETURN in release notes, closes the menu
UPDATE: Two surprises to find in far corners of the world
UPDATE: A secret use for emerald tablets...

BUGFIX: Loading being stuck, there is a workaround now if you wait 30 seconds on the loading screen
BUGFIX: Pressing ESC while in the release notes, causes the game to lock into a black screen
BUGFIX: Stats not saving
BUGFIX: Mouse cursor is not visible when starting the game

Very nice game but I find dying a bit too easy. I'd like if there was more room for mayhem and experimentation rather then super safe cheesing through the level if you're in bad luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG

even died while ideling in the bridge section

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

finally got to the boss, but only with health regen mod and electrowizzard start mods. I'm actually in the mood to do some modding now. It's great that it actively encourages modding so early on since I think the sandbox aspect of it is the strongest point and not necessarily the default vanilla game mode currently

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

explosivo posted:

I agree with this, I appreciate that mods can make this easier but it would be nice to have an in-game option for something. My best run in ~6 hours of gameplay came the other night and I died in the Hiisi base so I have no idea how far along I actually was. That was also the only run that I managed to put together an actually useful wand that I was able to pick and choose upgrades for without just slamming what I had in a randomized wand for maximum effect. The game is definitely way more fun when everything clicks, although I do understand that having those bad runs make the good ones feel that much more rewarding.

I found mods to be a fair way. There is no good balance, too much rng and a lot of easy mistakes to make that will kill you fast.

Even with restricted health regen you can die off easily or just don't have the proper power to deal with lower floors, but at least you have a chance to try.