Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

haldolium posted:

Very nice game but I find dying a bit too easy. I'd like if there was more room for mayhem and experimentation rather then super safe cheesing through the level if you're in bad luck.

Yeah agreed with this. It would be fun to rain down acid or fire on people more, but the way dots work is just super punishing both in terms of health lost and since it makes you doubleback to wherever you last found water. I’d prefer if the most crazy destruction causing playstyle lined up a bit better with the best/most effective one.

Also, would definitely prefer if gold nuggets from enemies didn’t time out.

Still fun so far though, I’m excited to see where it ends up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Drill spells are so good in general, but especially in the mine where you can just mine for the gold veins that are all over

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

goferchan posted:

Been doing some testing and it seems like the "trail" effects scale with the size of your projectile and the results are pretty drastic. Attach one to a medium or large energy orb and you can flood a room very very quickly. Got a water trail one combined with the perk that makes you electrocute everything around you and it was very fun until I got too close to a tank in the ice fortress and found out they cause a huge explosion if you electrocute them

The tentacle is also great for water and fire effects, if you hit it right you get a ton of water really quickly. I’d really like to get it on a water breathing run and just drown everything.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Unlimited spells + water breathing + the auto electrocute perk + the raincloud spell is amazing. You just slowly drown the entire level, then go collect whatever is left. (And then accidentally set off a bomb with the electrocute and kill yourself).

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Is there a rule of thumb for which wands work with the “this spell doesn’t hurt you” modifier? I just annihilated myself with a giant black hole I thought I was safe from.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

TeaJay posted:

The combination of the breathless perk and a wand that always casts water trail (plus if you manage to find sea of water too) is a fun way to drown all the enemies until someone decides to electrify the whole level. With electricity immunity perk it would probably be unstoppable until you run into mechanical enemies who won't drown?

I did that run with the electrify stuff around you + don’t get electrocuted yourself perk! It is basically unstoppable until hubris makes you stand next to something which explodes when electrocution catches stuff on fire.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
So I know to go to the left in the second area for fungal caverns, but is there a rule of thumb on where to go in the first area to find wands? Just sideways either way?

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
I think my computer may not be fast enough to beat Noita without changing up my wand making. I’ve just been making wands which shoot really fast and sort of pointing them around the level until everything is dead. I have had some very successful runs recently, but when my builds start coming together my FPS drops to like 1-5, the sound cuts out, and I get occasional freezes.

Is there a rule of thumb for building rly effective wands without generating so many projectiles etc? Shooting each frame just feels so hard to beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Someone posted advice ITT to use your digging wand to actually mine in the first two areas, and that definitely helped me. It makes it way easier to come out with a bunch of money if you just occasionally mine for gold pockets as you go.