Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Maybe add to the OP but here is a GDC video of one of the devs explaining how the tech works and the design challengers of making an actual fun game instead of just a simulation engine.

https://www.gdcvault.com/play/1025695/Exploring-the-Tech-and-Design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I just started a couple days ago so this might actually be in the game but a sticky bomb perk would be nice, though perhaps only helpful at the start of the game seeing the death hoses people are making.

Also one run I was able to actually make it over the top of the mountain (a hill spawned right outside the entrance to the mines that was just high enough I could fly over the overhang), past the desert and pyramid to the far edge of the world. I found a diamond shaped piece of terrain. I didn’t have any way to dig into it but the egg I found had a worm that made a hole for me. The item I found inside made me shoot sparks that damaged terrain (and me, if I was in the small blast radius) that I used to get used the pyramid where I died very quickly. Haven’t been able to repeat it since. I didn’t think the game world would be so big. It feels like there is a whole second game just past the entrance to the main game.

Still working on trying to get past the ice caves and the hisii base consistently.