Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

woah, Falling Sand Game, but an action game? I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

There is a spell named "Death Cross".

I found that it lived up to its name as I cast it and then died.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

well hey, looks like I've found

an exit :gonk:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

my general wish list for the game is for stuff like toxin to be less overtly deadly because it sucks to lose like at least a third of your health to touching a single pixel of poison, and also for the game to have a bunch of wild optional poo poo to conquer in a run so we can put all these crazy spells to use.

the real irksome thing is that while toxin can kill you dead, it'll only reduce the health of enemies to 1, meaning that you can't use it for environmental deaths, only a general weakening of their health

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Clark Nova posted:

I’ve snuck around over the lava pit to the right of the mines, down a wall and back underneath it to the left through a huge empty area to the ice caves below the second temple. You could do that in reverse if you have massively boosted/unlimited flight

Just tap the jump button instead of holding it as you fly to use less flight energy. You can sail over the top of the wall to find an ORB and hover from there to get back to the first level, no low gravity or polymorph required!

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

My criticism is that while strong enemies should be strong (minigun, missile launchers) and that some enemies should spawn enemies (horrible acid monsters and nests), having strong enemies that also spawn are just too frustrating to want to engage

here's looking at you, large jetpack squad leaders, bum-rushing levels 3 and 4 is the only way to go

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

there's a modifier that you can add to your projectiles that allows them to freeze whatever they come into contact with

that being said, I have no idea whether it is a new modifier or not, but it sure is extremely handy as you can freeze enemies and lava with relative ease

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Also, I spent an hour tediously digging to the bottom of the caldera to the east of the Mines with a water wand and a chainsaw wand. You'll find an Orb of True Knowledge and the Nuke spell. I highly do not recommend doing this as holy poo poo that was a waste of time. Good to know there's something there, though.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Did manage to get my first win thanks to a very clutch inclusion of Invisibility at the last holy mountain and...

There's not too much to worry about if you can just delete half of the level on your way down!

(note: Explosion Immunity was also saving me quite a lot over and over again, especially when one of the Hiirsi found that magic missile wand to blast me with!)

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Drink the flask, fill it with water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

55 hours in and this is the absolute stingiest game I have every played. For a game about making everything turn to gold, it is a monument to miserliness.