Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Armadillo Tank posted:

This does not appear to be true. There are spoilers attached to it and spell spawn (from my playing).

I'm not 100% sure what this means but I hope it means that there IS some meta progression. I understand being kind of a rogue-like purist or whatever but while the game is a ton of fun to play and I don't regret buying it at all, the "no meta progression" (in my plays so far) has really kinda bummed me out. Makes me feel like the good run down to level 3 or whatever was completely meaningless. Even if it just let me keep some gold or let me spend the gold I earned for some one-time buff for the next run (that you can skip if you don't care about meta progression) or something like that. Even just randomized starting equipment or a choice out of three secondary wands or.. I dunno, ANYTHING but a weird complete restart of the game with a new seed. But hey, that's what EA is for so I'm not really worried.

To not just be a whiny baby about the game, I think the physics are absolutely insane. There's so much stuff that keeps blowing my mind. The liquid physics with oil swimming on water, the fire spreading. They even simulate the smoke! Stuff's real good, and it can only get better from here I hope!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

FFT posted:

For future reference, instead of jumping around, the controls correspond to steering and acceleration.

Also you can't "accelerate" your worm if you're not *in* terrain. So if you're trying to go up with your worm, it'll only dig/accelerate upwards when you're burrowing through terrain. If you hit some open space, gravity takes over and your worm falls down again. I tried climbing my way back up once as a worm but a big ole pit of nothingness between the height levels meant I couldn't jump my worm up far enough before the polymorph expired :(

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

I have a really dumb question regarding wands but does it depend on the spell or the wand if it's a "unlimited use, just wait for mana recharge" or "you get 3 of this" one?

I think it depends on the spell, but what happens if you have unlimited and limited spells on one wand and the charges for the limited one runs out? Do the unlimited ones still fire or is the wand completely useless until a recharge?

I really don't know why but it's like solving the most complicated math problem of my life trying to understand how wands and spells work. I genuinely feel like an idiot :(

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

As far as angering the gods goes, I was trying out a wand setup in the area where you pick a perk. I was deciding if I wanted to go down to two or three magic arrows in the wand, because with the four it came with, it would recharge for a long time sometimes. I was firing diagonally up at the ceiling and the magic arrows took maybe 5 pixels off the bricks, if at all. I didn't even think it could possibly do any damage to the terrain but boom, death skeleton shooting up my ride :(

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

I bought this way early in EA and recently with 1.0 got into it again big time. I love playing the game but I just suck too hard I guess. I know that's kind of the Noita experience in a nutshell but I've only once gotten into the Jungle and immediately got my face kicked in by enemies I didn't know.

I've picked up a few things here and there from reading stuff and watching a couple of YT videos, but it's just so hard. It feels like I can never keep up with enemy HP even scouring for wands and better spells and even with a few heart pickups here and there to increase max health I feel like it barely makes a difference. If each heart gave you 100 HP maybe I could actually do something with it :v:

Is there any kind of beginners guide or required reading that I should do to maybe not suck as much? I mean, apart from playing better in general.