Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedlic
Mar 10, 2005

Ask me about being too much of a sperging idiot to understand what resisting arrest means.
I'm really enjoying what's there and happy to support developers via Early Access, but just as an example of some rough edges: When you die and restart the run, the entire game restarts. Steam notifications and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedlic
Mar 10, 2005

Ask me about being too much of a sperging idiot to understand what resisting arrest means.

violent sex idiot posted:

is anyone else having the game tell you its a new record for everything every time you die?

I think it's the same bug as restarts the game every new run. Seems to clear all progression, at least for me. Every run is the first one.

Zedlic
Mar 10, 2005

Maybe I'm just bad at this game so far, but I could also do with more wands. I've probably had like 15 runs, reached Ice level a couple of times, and I've found a wand in like half of them. Most of them have been a different kind of weak from the beginner wand, or a utility wand like the rain cloud. Or more bombs just like the beginner bomb wand.

Only once did I find a fully loaded 6xSpell crazy wand but I died the very next second before I could fire.

Zedlic
Mar 10, 2005

EvilMike posted:

I feel like wands are common enough as long as you explore a decent amount. It would be nice if the shops were more consistent though, sometimes they don't even have wands for sale.I think shops in these kinds of games work best as a way of smoothing out randomness in item drops.

Yeah I have definitely not been exploring that much in the early levels, purely because I'm probably on fire and need to find the exit fast before I die.

I'm getting better though.

Zedlic
Mar 10, 2005

I feel the same. I hope the devs don't take a brutal stance on roguelike difficulty and tweak things a bit. But you never know, sometimes the pain is deliberate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedlic
Mar 10, 2005

That was weird. My computer hard locked while playing Noita, then when I loaded the autosave (had just entered snowy depths) I found it weird that there was a huge chunk of the map entirely empty, then another hard lock and reboot. Started a new game and problem hasn't surfaced since.

I'm guessing something happened while loading the entire map. Anyone had something like this happen?