Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Game hard! But its p good. Wish I could easily see how my status build up is doing. Like, am I close to getting poisoned, or can I take a bit more? I think your robes are supposed to be a hint but they're not always easy to make out when everything is on fire and so am I!

Once got to the next store and bought a wand that turned out to be a rapid fire teleport shooter. So it really rapidly repositioned me to where ever I fired. It isn't easy to get an idea for what a thing does until you get it despite all the stats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

So does shuffle mean it rando's the shots and otherwise it fires in exact sequences? Is there a version that chucks everything at once?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

So can you head east/west straight out of the gate or should I just go down, get armed, and clamber out again? Used my starter bombs to get out the mines and journey east topside but I just get mauled by these floating tuskan raiders. They don't think much of my og zap stick!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

goferchan posted:

You definitely CAN explore topside without much preparation (easiest way is probably get a chaotic polymorph potion floor 1 and use it to take advantage of flight or ideally worm form so you can either fly over or burrow through everything) but if you're looking to get geared up first your easiest route back above ground will be heading as far as you can to the right once you reach the ice caves. You'll find yourself at the bottom of a big chasm that should be climbable to the surface if you take advantage of the dents in the wall

:hmmyes: can't wait to see what mauls me there instead!

Game is good, but jesus it is not easy.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

So I just realised that the standard bomb wand is a good early game last resort option if the rng screwed you a bit. Yeah the mana recharges slowly and only has a single slot but if you put a basic spark bolt or bounce ball in there it turns into a pretty drat amazing machine gun that makes the coal mines easier to manage. Impressive early game dps.

I'm tempted to get into modding but for now I'm trying to get through with vanilla gameplay and I've yet to reliably get into the ice level.

Also the one time I created a decent safe shotgun wand I then ran into a spell I never found before and immediately killed myself with it. The "heavy" in "heavy explosive fire bolt" isn't just hint regarding its strength!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Regarding acid fumes: when they rise up and collect on a ceiling they appear to begin eating through matter. Can you still move through that concentrated stuff unharmed? It looks dangerous as hell.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Current daily starts you very nicely with a bouncebolt wand and a magic missile wand with 10 charge. And a flash with whiskey so that paints a funny picture as to how the wizard/witch got there.

The mines will contain a magic arrow wand and probably some other fun things, but... there is also a worm. Angry gods!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

And if you like the seed you can keep trying! With the current daily just dont enter the left side of the mine. Right side contains good stuff. Left side gets you angry skeketons.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

E: ^^^ holy poo poo ahaha. Noita.gif. The gently caress did he put in there? And why? Ant murdering?

nightwisher posted:

After a few days of tinkering with modding, I've decided to release a rough v1 of my Noita+ map expansion mod:

Noita+ on Modworkshop.net

A comparison of the original world biome map, and the mod's map:

So wait, is this game so crazy - code wise - that it generates the entire world off this tiny pixelmap?

And since we're all mentioning potential QoL idea's: would the game's balance be upset if max life upgrades also increased your current hp by that amount(assuming you're not influenced by something that messes with max hp)?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Today's daily is worth checking out! Lots of small spiders and some fire wizard/demons with just the right weapons: bounce balls and rain clouds! And three early hp upgrades.

And worms. Dunno if that is rng or just a feature in the dailies, but again there's a worm in the left side of the mines.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

So I just found a wand loaded with 9 timed lightsabers. Every light saber basically emits another one from the tip. I could stab things from across the room. :shepface: damage was low tho.

If you take regular light sabers and do "trigger Bolt > hex/penta shot > Saber > Saber > Saber > Saber > Saber" do you create laser grenades?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Yea ok I think I'll skip the Human Magnet perk. I'm bad enough at the game as it is, I don't need to get brained by angry floating bottles of whiskey. I'll just pick them up by hand.

e: so here's another use for lightsabers in case you're lacking any digging tools and need gold: all the gold contained in walls are flecks of gold powder! Stab a ceiling containing gold and it all just falls on your face. Its like you're some sort of weird mosquito that hungers for shiny metals.

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Oct 22, 2019

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

So uh, I dunno if they're slowly nudging the loot generator in our favor, but Im beginning to find things like Glow Lance in the starter zone. With a scatter spell. And that snakey pattern spell. And 7 slot non shuffle wand.

And then in zone 2 I found a chainsaw and a fuckton of bounce ball spells so I had a machine gun glow wand and bounceball grenade from hell.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

cant cook creole bream posted:

Nah, Throwing away your only bottle sucks worse.

I'd have preferred if left clicking did a spray, and you had to hold right click in order to enable throwing it.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

The example mod(random start wizard) is a lot of fun if you disable everything but the lightning and fire wizard. You still get random variation which is fun. Or terrible! I got a fire wizard with two wands that just had limited use spells, once. :shepface:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Dunno if its its also in the live branch but the beta allows you to reroll perks at the shop, 400 per roll.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

The green bounce ball has this tendency to rebound from walls in a really odd way. They have a tendency to bounce straight back at you.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I dont see personal fireball thrower as much as I'd like. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Stop breaking the worm crystal

It happens to me as well and I never break it and its definitely intact while it happens.

The crystal doesn't seem to stop worms from digging through the temple rock near the portal entrances and this sometimes makes Steve hella mad.