Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeachesOfPeaches
Jan 25, 2019

Nooner posted:

The photo teacher at my highschool used to smoke weed in the little grove back behind the photo lab. Only know this because we caught him one time when we were going back there to smoke weed. Was a total "uhh we never saw eachother" moment. Dude was cool as hell old Vietnam vet that basically was perfect photo teacher, he had huge passion for photography and just as much for sharing and trying to get students as excited about it as well

That’s awesome. My photography teacher was a roid raging former Mr. New Jersey who heavily favored the girls. That part at least worked out in my favor grades-wise :smuggo:

TeachesOfPeaches fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
A friend of mine was jacking off her boyfriend on the bus seat across from mine. They almost got away with it until the guy in front of them turned around and announced "Hey everybody, Jessie is giving Ben a handjob!"

Not really hosed up but pretty funny.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Fantastic Flyer posted:

A friend of mine was jacking off her boyfriend on the bus seat across from mine. They almost got away with it until the guy in front of them turned around and announced "Hey everybody, Jessie is giving Ben a handjob!"

Not really hosed up but pretty funny.

We had someone who got busted multiple times blowing dudes on the bus. Once, yikes. Multiple times? I don’t know if it’s sad or impressive.

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

A girl in my high school had a thing for pantsing boys in gym class. Every week or two she'd sneak up behind some poor boy and yank, down go his shorts. She kept it up for a good three years or so. It was hilarious at the time, but kind of hosed up in retrospect.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Colonel Cool posted:

A girl in my high school had a thing for pantsing boys in gym class. Every week or two she'd sneak up behind some poor boy and yank, down go his shorts. She kept it up for a good three years or so. It was hilarious at the time, but kind of hosed up in retrospect.

Underwear too, or just the gym shorts?

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

Underwear too, or just the gym shorts?

It varied. She'd done both.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Why didn't anyone do it to her?

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Probably because she was unattractive and nobody wanted to see that.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Code Jockey posted:

In middle school, we had two gymnasiums connected to each other, separated by a wall, with doors so you could go between the two gyms. At the top of this wall, there was a probably 2' gap which was covered by a curtain. Not sure why they designed it that way in retrospect, but it made for one of the funniest loving things I have ever seen.

One day, our grumpy-rear end gym teacher was sitting at a table in one of the gyms, with her back against the wall, doing paperwork I guess. Out of nowhere, a rubber dodgeball falls out of the curtain, and drops directly - and I mean perfectly - on top of her head, knocking her glasses off and leaving her really mad and confused and swearing. They must've been playing dodgeball on the other side, and someone probably kicked a ball up into the ceiling, and it somehow ended up crossing the wall with just the right amount of force to push through the curtain, and with flawless aim. I was doubled over laughing, as were a few other people, and this just made her even angrier.

My grade school building was basically one large room with the cafeteria/gym in the middle and all of the classrooms lining the sides of that, so almost anywhere you went, you were walking past the gym area. There was some 90 year old lady who worked in the cafeteria taking the money at the end of the lunch line. Her kids or grandkids graduated from there decades ago, but I guess she just kept doing the job because she didn't have anything else to do. One afternoon in third grade we were playing basketball during gym class, and one kid took a blind half-court shot right as this little old lady was walking behind the basket on her way out of the building. His shot didn't come anywhere near the basket, but it did hit this old lady directly in the head. She crumpled to the floor unconscious as the gym teacher ran to the office to call the ambulance. She wound up being OK, but the kid who threw the ball still wound up in trouble (suspended for a day iirc) even though it was a legitimate accident and he was crying because he felt so badly about it.

They would use the building for bingo on Thursday nights and the old, cigar chomping guy who ran it would start setting things up right after lunch, while school was still in session, all the while smoking his huge cigars. Thursday afternoons in that school had a distinct smell because this guy single-handidly stunk up the whole building on a weekly basis. Friday mornings weren't much better because the old people who played bingo until late at night chain smoked while doing so. It was definitely a different era.

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Why didn't anyone do it to her?

You know, I don't know. It just sort of seemed unthinkable for some reason, I guess.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Colonel Cool posted:

You know, I don't know. It just sort of seemed unthinkable for some reason, I guess.

It's probably different now, but years ago the logic basically went:
  • Guy doing it to guy: "Haha, boys will be boys"
  • Girl doing it to guy: "Haha, dude she wants it :wiggle:" / "She's a girl, stop whining"
  • Guy doing it to girl: Suspended or expelled for sexual harassment

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

The_Franz posted:

It's probably different now, but years ago the logic basically went:
  • Guy doing it to guy: "Haha, boys will be boys"
  • Girl doing it to guy: "Haha, dude she wants it :wiggle:" / "She's a girl, stop whining"
  • Guy doing it to girl: Suspended or expelled for sexual harassment

What about girl doing it to another girl?

Just remembered some poo poo, there was this girl at my school when I was in first or second grade or whatever. When we were running around teh yard at recess, she would try and start poo poo with boys and then kick them in the nuts. It happened to me a few times. Then one day I got pissed and kicked her oval office
right back. She stopped loving with me after that.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

This may be a repeat story from a previous thread, but here goes.

I can’t remember the exact year now, but everything points to 1990. A girl at school had passed away, and vaguely recall it being an accident while she was riding her bike.

The family decided to have the hearse come past school while the students formed an honour guard while lining the road. The thing I still remember are some kids laughing about it all, even at that age I thought that was super hosed up.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
When I was in about 2nd or 3rd grade, I got on the school bus at a stop on a 2 lane highway. There were a bunch of other kids who waited at that stop, too. There was a lot of truck traffic along this road. Some of the kids would dare each other to jump in front of the trucks as they approached, and then jump out of the way.

No, no one ever got killed. But they came awfully close. Like split-second close, as the trucks came by at about 40 miles an hour. They'd blow their horns, and I'm sure the drivers about shat their pants. I never did it myself, but IIRC I thought that poo poo was funny at the time.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

In my freshman year of high school we had 3 teachers total busted for sexual relations with students.

One of them though was a female teacher sleeping with 2 different students, and she was caught because one of them was mad she was sleeping with the other student more.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
In 10th grade, I had a wildly incompetent English Lit teacher who, while she eventually quit or transferred to another school or something, was at some risk of being fired. I heard the reason she wasn't fired was that she would have been the 5th teacher the language department in that school had fired in 2 years. (One for allegedly molesting a student, though I don't know if anything ever came of that, 2 more for incompetence and one other for ?).

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

For a few years, StarLab made an annual appearance at each school in the system. It's an inflatable-type thing that kids/teachers crawl in that displays the solar system on the walls.

Then one year a kid pulled out his pocket knife and stabbed the wall of the StarLab. They quit bringing it after that.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Oh I just remembered a good one. I was in like 6th grade and our science teacher for some ridiculous reason assigned every student in our class to bring A KNIFE to school so we can dissect some worms (the school was too cheap for frogs or mice I guess). My buddy brought a surgical scalpel and was showing off before class started and ended up driving it right into his calf. He laughed it off at first and class was starting so we all got back to our desks and everyone acted like nothing happened... until my friend passed out and dropped to the floor from blood loss. Thank god he didn’t die, nothing ever happened to the teacher from what I remember.

Another knife incident was when we were riding on the bus in high school. I had a pretty long commute but I went to school with some of my neighborhood friends so we all rode the bus and train together. A lot of fights would break out with kids from other schools during our commute, usually over gang poo poo. One time some dude was talking poo poo to my friend, and my buddy just sat there and was like “do something, bitch.”

The next thing I know the other guy pulled out a long rear end screwdriver and fell on top of my friend, stabbing him multiple times in the stomach. I never heard such a scream in my life. Me and my other friend immediately grabbed the guy, threw him to the ground, and started stomping the poo poo out of him. Then his friends jumped in and the bus driver finally noticed the mayhem and pulled over. He yelled about calling the cops and everyone scattered except us. This happened in the dead of winter so everyone was wearing heavy rear end snow jackets. Me and my buddy started checking our friend for where he got stabbed only to realize his heavy rear end coat saved his life and he was relatively fine, except for all the adrenaline and fear running through his body. That was one of the crazier things I saw and really never wish to relive. It’s a terrible feeling thinking you’re watching your friend get murdered.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Dec 16, 2019

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

ruddiger posted:

Oh I just remembered a good one. I was in like 6th grade and our science teacher for some ridiculous reason assigned every student in our class to bring A KNIFE to school so we can dissect some worms (the school was too cheap for frogs or mice I guess).

Having the students bring their own knives is hosed up, but I know around 6th grade (definitely middle school) we dissected worms, so that's actually pretty normal for that age level.

In high school, we dissected frogs and fetal pigs, and then the AP Biology kids dissected cats.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

LabyaMynora posted:

Having the students bring their own knives is hosed up,

When I was in college, we were all given knives as part of our first semester package.

Also, me and a friend lost ours one time, so we went to the local army surplus store and told the old dude behind the counter we wanted knives.
He asked what they were for, and we told him they were for school. Old dude din't say nuthin' 'bout it.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

fappenmeister posted:

This may be a repeat story from a previous thread, but here goes.

I can’t remember the exact year now, but everything points to 1990. A girl at school had passed away, and vaguely recall it being an accident while she was riding her bike.

The family decided to have the hearse come past school while the students formed an honour guard while lining the road. The thing I still remember are some kids laughing about it all, even at that age I thought that was super hosed up.

I was in high school when 911 happened and there was a guy who laughed at the news when he heard. It then turned out that his grandma was on one of the planes. I don't want to call it karma because she didn't do anything but drat, I bet that guy still thinks about it.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
In tenth grade, our chemistry teacher joined an exchange program - she and her family went to Bulgaria, and the Bulgarian teacher and her family came here.

While the Bulgarian teacher clearly knew chemistry, and was fluent in English, she had a difficult time communicating that knowledge. So some students tried to cheat.

And she assisted them in cheating.

From that point on, tests were basically a communal experience. If you couldn’t figure out an answer, just ask a friend, or the teacher herself!

Everyone got A’s. At a glance, it must have looked very impressive. But nobody learned anything useful about chemistry that year.

When the regular teacher came back, she said that the students constantly tried to cheat. She tried to fail many of them, but the school override her, saying that if she failed them, they’d just have to retake the class and end up passing once the other teacher got back, so they were just saving everyone a step.

I have no idea if things are different in Bulgaria then or now, or if that was a problem specific to that school. But what I do know for certain is that when the regular teacher got back, she had to take her desktop computer in for repairs to the place I worked, because the exchange teacher’s family had utterly destroyed it with some pirated copy of Windows and just about every virus and spyware you could think of in 2003.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I was in high school when 911 happened and there was a guy who laughed at the news when he heard. It then turned out that his grandma was on one of the planes. I don't want to call it karma because she didn't do anything but drat, I bet that guy still thinks about it.

That only counts if he liked his grandmother.

Caption Yaypants
Jun 12, 2013
Nowadays in Australia schools have these big fences with spikes on the top but when l was in school you could just step over the fence. So naturally we would go in at night to do dumb teenager things. I had a loose tooth and was eating a caramel lollie which pulled the tooth out and got stuck in the lollie. Left it on a windowsill. We had always joked about smearing poo poo on the vice principals office door. I had to go one night so shat in a pamphlet we had taken from someones letterbox and smeared it on the door. The door was replaced first thing on Monday.
For a less disgusting story, a workman was on top of the canteen roof so we took his ladder and hid it. He had to climb from the roof onto the top of a covered walkway and finally make it to some stairs that were outside the library. Still remember his face as he stormed to the office mad as hell. He must still hate teenagers to this day.

Caption Yaypants fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 17, 2019

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
I have a pretty tame one. First day of 3rd grade there was a kid who we’ll call J. We’re going around and doing the usual introductions “Hi I’m x. I like soccer and my favorite food is pizza” kind of stuff. It gets to J’s turn and he starts hyperventilating and yells “stop looking at me!” over and over and storms out.

Later in 7th grade J has another tantrum in the new science buildings. J storms out, tries to slam the door, but it turns out that they have an air system (not sure how to describe it...the large cylinder in the door arm at the top of modern heavy doors) which catches the door and slows the slam to a crawl. J slams it again and same thing. Finally he slams it a 3rd time, it hisses and there’s a quiet “click” as the door closes. Cue 20+ kids howling with laughter.

It seems that J got medicated later and ended up doing okay for himself based on a LinkedIn search, so it looks like he’s okay. :)

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

In 6th grade, mid 90s, I had a history teacher who was rumored to be a Vietnam vet who would "duck and cover" or "lose his poo poo" when loud noises happened. I knew this as potential ptsd smart kid etc.

I was late for class by a minute and I tried to open the door to come in and he legit pushed back as hard as he could against me and some other late kid so we couldn't get in the room.

Open audience, everyone just wide eyed. Huge pushes on both sides, door buckling. Suddenly this mother fucker stops pushing so we both fall into the classroom.

He picks me up in a chokehold until I'm losing consciousness. As I'm regaining consciousness i watch him literally opening the window and throwing the other kid out of it. He got detention for being late to school because he had to come back in the front door.

He was a good history teacher actually. Nothing came of it, all forgotten. I'm sure it's spoken in lore in that tiny Midwestern town.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

SA being weird edit

no pubes yet sorry fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Apr 15, 2021

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wow this thread is a blast from the past. I don't have anything to contribute because my school experience was boring but good job everyone else

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Blue Moonlight posted:

Bulgarian exchange students

We had a very pretty blonde Bulgarian exchange girl at our New England high school. Somehow she got hooked up with an ultra religious family and I am pretty sure the only "real America" she got was hanging out with my friends and I, sneaking behind the church to smoke weed and talk poo poo about religion.

Also she gave me some magazines from the airplane that had boobs in them and I couldn't believe it.

tatterhood
Apr 4, 2007

If you look out the window you will see many ruined cities & enduring seas.
So my elementary school's boogeyman was Mrs. Maloney. She was old as the hills (so probably in her mid-60s, adjusting for kid perception), just back from medical leave after having a stroke in class, and notorious for giving out draconian punishments. There was a rumor that she used to paddle kids before it got thoroughly outlawed; in lieu of that she did things like "write 100 sentences in colored pencil, using a different color for each letter in each word". This was known as technicolor writing, I think.

She was also really loving mean. idk, there's something about a grown-rear end adult cutting down children like that that's just unthinkable to me now. So obviously the kids who she perceived as "dumb" came in for a lot of belittling comments and punishment. One kid, Eric, was subjected to a lot of this treatment--I think at least partially because she knew he wouldn't report her or fight back.

But the cruelest thing I ever saw her do to him was this:

Eric did a lot of US Civil War reenacting, which was a pretty common hobby in our town. Mrs. Maloney chose him to appear on the front page of the town newspaper for some event or other, then sent him off.

After that she told us, a bunch of loving 10 year olds, that she was only doing it because she felt sorry for him because he was so dim, etc. She said it all in this really sickly-sweet tone, too. She was just concerned, that's all.

I wish I could say I sprang up and said something. I did not. It took me about five years to even figure out what a hosed up thing that was to do on so many levels. It didn't help that I was one of her favorites for some goddamn reason.

idk. I know this is a thread full of actual felonies; not sure why this story stuck with me over the years. I really hope Eric's doing okay now.

tatterhood fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Apr 15, 2021

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

tatterhood posted:

Terrible abuse

It's the Nurse Ratchet archetype and if you really read through this thread it prevails. Nothing you can do about it if you wanted to. Powerless hurting powerless.

I'm sure it goes on and on at the same age nowadays but it's amped up like everything. Weird time to grow up in.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
When I was in 6th grade I was in special ed because of autism and ADHD and a kid pushed me out of my chair because I was being annoying by bouncing a freshly sharpened pencil on its eraser, and the pencil went up my nose when I hit the ground. I was lucky that it didn't stab me somewhere else in the face, and that it caught on the inside of my right nostril instead of killing me by going all the way up. There was a lot of blood but rather than send me to the nurse's office the people running that program just sat me in a chair with a hankerchief and a cold can of V8 to press on it until it stopped bleeding. I assume this was to prevent them from getting in trouble. In 7th grade, if there was a kid having a tantrum the school I was in would wrap them in a scrap of carpet and transport them to a small concrete cell with a solid metal door (as in no bars, just a flat door like normal) and lock you in there for a couple hours. It was about the size of a shower stall and there was a drain at the bottom, I guess in case you had to piss. That school handled both middle school and high school age kids, but also wasn't accredited, so if you happened to "graduate" part of the 12 grade curriculum was helping you get a GED.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
girl sitting in front of me turned around to tell me to stop kicking her chair

since i (12yo) was nose deep in a lovely dragonlance book at the time this was quite the surprise

we stared at each other in anger turning to confusion as we realized all the pictures on the wall were clacking

it was an earthquake lmao

tatterhood
Apr 4, 2007

no pubes yet sorry posted:

It's the Nurse Ratchet archetype and if you really read through this thread it prevails. Nothing you can do about it if you wanted to. Powerless hurting powerless.

I'm sure it goes on and on at the same age nowadays but it's amped up like everything. Weird time to grow up in.

Yeah I honestly think "old-school" is a pejorative term in cases like this. Just treat kids like human beings and they'll generally return the favor. If they don't, maybe look into possible root causes! Acting like a prison guard is an awesome way to get kids who act like prisoners.

I want to believe it's gotten better. idk.

signalnoise posted:

When I was in 6th grade I was in special ed because of autism and ADHD and a kid pushed me out of my chair because I was being annoying by bouncing a freshly sharpened pencil on its eraser, and the pencil went up my nose when I hit the ground. I was lucky that it didn't stab me somewhere else in the face, and that it caught on the inside of my right nostril instead of killing me by going all the way up. There was a lot of blood but rather than send me to the nurse's office the people running that program just sat me in a chair with a hankerchief and a cold can of V8 to press on it until it stopped bleeding. I assume this was to prevent them from getting in trouble. In 7th grade, if there was a kid having a tantrum the school I was in would wrap them in a scrap of carpet and transport them to a small concrete cell with a solid metal door (as in no bars, just a flat door like normal) and lock you in there for a couple hours. It was about the size of a shower stall and there was a drain at the bottom, I guess in case you had to piss. That school handled both middle school and high school age kids, but also wasn't accredited, so if you happened to "graduate" part of the 12 grade curriculum was helping you get a GED.

Holy poo poo, I'm pretty sure that violates the Geneva Convention. I'm so sorry, I can't even imagine the scars that kind of abuse would leave you with. I hope you're doing better now.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

When I was transitioning back to normal middle schools from ~special~ schools that would gently caress you up even more, the school system had the bright idea to do only half the day at the normal schools each day, so I was dropped off in front of the glass-walled lunchroom as the only passenger of a short bus during lunchtime, so everyone having lunch at the time saw me get off a short bus. Because any behavioral issues would be reported and I would be intensely hosed for any mistakes I made, any kid who wanted to could fully capitalize on that and I just had to take it or get hosed right back into GED land. Probably the worst incident was just getting full force punched across the face during class while the teacher was occupied, but pretty much every day was just a one day at a time getting by kind of experience.

tatterhood posted:

Holy poo poo, I'm pretty sure that violates the Geneva Convention. I'm so sorry, I can't even imagine the scars that kind of abuse would leave you with. I hope you're doing better now.

Burdens are more easily carried on our backs than in our hands. :)

tatterhood
Apr 4, 2007

signalnoise posted:

When I was transitioning back to normal middle schools from ~special~ schools that would gently caress you up even more, the school system had the bright idea to do only half the day at the normal schools each day, so I was dropped off in front of the glass-walled lunchroom as the only passenger of a short bus during lunchtime, so everyone having lunch at the time saw me get off a short bus. Because any behavioral issues would be reported and I would be intensely hosed for any mistakes I made, any kid who wanted to could fully capitalize on that and I just had to take it or get hosed right back into GED land. Probably the worst incident was just getting full force punched across the face during class while the teacher was occupied, but pretty much every day was just a one day at a time getting by kind of experience.

Burdens are more easily carried on our backs than in our hands. :)

(Definitely going to steal the bit about burdens at some point, well put!)

Seriously, though. I have a hard time understanding what makes people behave that cruelly. I can't excuse the kids, but the adults had a literal duty of care to you and failed on every level. That's reprehensible and you deserved better.

....but also those kids were assholes, gently caress them

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Yeah thinking back on it, it basically seems to me like many of them probably started out wanting to do good, but weren't cut out for it given the amount of funding they had and the stress the students could give them. Ultimately, the reason I tell those stories is just for awareness so people know what can actually go on in special ed programs, because of lot of kids got ignored and many are still getting ignored, and they don't really have good advocates. The education system in the US is already hosed as it is, and when it comes to special ed, expectations are so low that it seems like the goal is just "deal with them until they're 18 because we can't legally just throw them away." The low expectations were absolutely there though. I now have a master's degree in computery management poo poo, but in 6th grade, the head of the program set up mock interviews for potential jobs to get. Keep in mind, I'm like 11 at this time or something. She asked what I wanted to get a job doing, and I said I wanted to make video games. As part of this mock interview, she told me to give her the first 5 lines of code for a program that generates prime numbers. I was like "I am 11, what the hell?" She told me I should set my sights on something more realistic like working at a gas station. Again, this was the head of that program and this is what she thought of our potential.

Anyways hopefully this is enlightening to some people!

enomie
Aug 10, 2017

In year 4 (so I would have been 9 or 10) I had a teacher called Ms. Kneippe (pronounced Kuh-nipe). In the first week I corrected her spelling on the blackboard a couple of times, trying to be helpful. I'd never had an adult get angry at me for something like that, my parents were academics, but she went nuts: red in the face, yelled at me and kicked me out of the classroom for being "disrespectful". I was mortified, every other teacher liked me well enough and I rarely got yelled at or even spoken to.

She told my parents at mid year report that I was lazy and a smart alec, and they blew her off. Then we had a PE lesson where we had to jump over a wooden horse thing and then the teacher would grab our ankles so we could do a headstand. Ms Kneippe somehow managed to pull my pants and my underwear down in front of the class and I was hanging there upside down while she held my ankles. I remember looking up at her face, and swear she'd done it on purpose. She didn't even apologize, just snapped at me that I'd done it wrong so it was my fault my pants (and undies!) came off. That was pretty hosed up.

Another time in PE in year 5 a different teacher refused to let a girl abandon her base and go to the toilet when were playing softball, and we all saw her get more and more distressed until she pissed herself and cried in front of everyone while we watched horrified. She had to go to the kindergarten and borrow a fresh uniform :(

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Man, this thread has awakened a lot of memories, most of them bad :smith:

When I was seven I was put up a class which was a pretty bad move, I wasn't ready for it in maths in particular and my social skills weren't up to having my friends replaced with a bunch of older kids. At some point I got put to a table near the back. The girl opposite me one day decided that I was looking at her funny (I have no idea whether this was justified or not, most likely I was tongue tied or daydreaming or something). She told me not to stare at her. It's very hard not to look at a person who is seated directly in front of you at a distance of about a meter and a half! So from then on whenever we were working if I put my head up for more than a few seconds she'd tell me to stop staring at her and I'd look down at my desk and keep writing or whatever. Just basically looking at a desk top or a wall from start of class to end.

I have no idea how long this went on but I know that it stopped just before the school fair when a parent volunteering to help us do handicrafts noticed and made the girl stop. That puts it about a month before the end of the school year. The following year I was put back in with my old cohort and went from being miserable and withdrawn and being a normal kid again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
Just remembered a 6th grader’s 20-something year old “boyfriend” got her pregnant. I think the last time I thought about it was when I was 22-23 and realized that her kid was now in 6th grade.

———

A kid who transferred into my school in 4th grade used to show me how he could stick mechanical graphite through his skin and would sure enough poke a hole into his skin and out the other way. I was a genuinely sweet elementary school kid so I tried to be his friend since he was new but looking back it definitely had a wtf impression on me.

OTOH the pretty dumb kid I used to help with reading assignments in 1st or 2nd grade ended up being the quarterback of the high school football team, and, while we weren’t friends, would say hey when I was going to cross country practice, so that helped with some social credibility down the road.

Being a nice young boy is a land of contrasts.

The North Tower fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Apr 16, 2021