Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I had undiagnosed ADHD and autism as a kid, and teachers either hated me or loved me. We did those workbooks in 2nd grade, and I would get bored as hell and just not do them because I already was past that level. My teacher tried to give my mom a talking to about it at parent teacher night, and my mom gave her poo poo about how it wasn't my fault I was bored, and it was her job to teach me, not keep my busy. Teacher ended up crying.
In third grade I had another teacher who hated me. Gave me poo poo about my handwriting. Told me it would never improve once I got any older and just was on me all the time. Involving my mom constantly about that and me missing school (I was legit sick a lot). Ended up with the principal involved telling her to leave me the gently caress alone. Fifth grade teacher just randomly hated me. Literally every other kid in the class got student of the week, and then she skipped me to start over again. Looking back, I probably had problems from undiagnosed dyspraxia for the handwriting, and the boredom was obviously ADHD. I guess because I was smart I couldn't possibly have learning/developmental disabilities.
I also got bullied a lot, but since my mom told me to just physically fight back and would tell the school to go gently caress itself when they tried to punish me for it, most kids stopped getting physical at least. One kid was always getting in fights and obviously had problems at home. He was sent home from school on Halloween for showing up in blackface. This was the early-mid 90s. He also broke his middle finger and wore his finger splint for the rest of the school year just to "accidentally" flip people off.
In high school, this girl a bunch of my friends were friends with ended up transferring schools after moving, and the next year hung herself. I didn't know her, but was with my friends the next day who spent the day in the school counselor's office. I actually called one to tell them the news the night before when I found out from others. The kids who knew her spent the day in the counselor's office, and I did too because all my best friends were friends with her. (Some of her bullies were there too, which pissed my friends off until I pointed out they weren't just trying to skip class, but probably felt guilty as hell). But around noonish the counselor said "Oh good news, she isn't dead, I just talked to the hospital, and she's about to go into surgery now" which seemed weird, but we knew she had been taken to the hospital, so thought maybe it was one of those cases where they declared her brain dead and then realized she wasn't.
Nope, she was brain dead and she was going in to have her organs harvested. We found that out from the counselor about an hour later. As far as I know, the counselor faced no repercussions for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU